MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Star, you don’t need to do her courses honestly. She teaches herself and then teaches you and you will find you know most of it from us here at Mobitog. It’s just practise, experimentation and maybe a bit of YouTubing.
I know!!! (She whines) I just can’t help myself. Besides I had a total knee replacement and needed something to do. The one thing I took away from this was to lock to exposure in order to avoid blown out whites. I am not very good at these slow shutter apps, but Nicki totally ignores Bluristic (no endorsement or freebies headed her way?) and Bluristic has a super easy, peasy exposure control built in. No need to “trick” into the setting you want.,

It was, all in all, a waste of money, but I enjoyed using her videos to make my images and it kept me from total boredom.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Many thanks for the images submitted to this TWAC#7.
Great work from Geek1956, terse, JillyG, Starzee and ImageArt aka Kevin, Ted, Jilly, Star and Ann.

No winner as I think the landscape has changed for TWAC over the years, but there are some great examples of Bluristic in the thread.
I think if only 5 (6 including me) can be prepared to 'have a go' then we may be flogging a dead horse so to speak.

But on the plus side the thread did produce a IOTM winner.

Starzee Star, if you could please switch the thread location to Apps from Challenges it would be great if this remains 'open' for anyone to view or maybe add a fresh image if the mood takes them :thumbs:
Oh and yet again maybe change the thread header to something more appropriate (from NEW) as yet again I can't edit the header to a thread I created, thanks.
Yes, I will and am glad you’re choosing to leave it an ongoing thread.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
E801E91E-75F8-4BE7-8699-02552864E1B9.jpeg

A scarf dangling from a bush.
I tweaked the vibrancy on the native camera app.

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
Bluristic_0001.jpg
Polish_20210724_154043828.jpg

Back on the train. The first is a vsco edit and the second is a new app (for me) called imaginatively Photo Editor. I'm back in the office two days a week so I guess I'll reluctantly have more photo ops. The white border is on both, click for best view.

terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
View attachment 169256View attachment 169257
Back on the train. The first is a vsco edit and the second is a new app (for me) called imaginatively Photo Editor. I'm back in the office two days a week so I guess I'll reluctantly have more photo ops. The white border is on both, click for best view.
That's an interesting new find. Tough choice between the two apps here. I like the sketchier look of Bluristic but also the overall darker look of Photo Editor.

terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
ADE0A5E6-5B19-4D9F-B30F-B77797391D2C.jpeg

This was a bit of a surprise to me, a brief exposure in Bluristic N mode, with no editing except to lighten the shadows. Without any help from me, it came out looking rather restrained and painterly (as opposed to the enjoyable weirdness the app often delivers).

Top Bottom