Mobi365 Ubbyisis’ Project 365 - 2021

Day 22 - January 22nd - Mr Sandman :whistle:

Perhaps this looks like as if my DH is feeding the chickens, except that we don’t have any ;) We’ve got the super nasty terrible almost worth the F-word weather from the Brits and the rain has turned the snow into ice. We decided to drive to Uppsala to collect some sand on one of the spots people can come to and get it for free. We hardly made it to the car port. When we got back home we poured out sand around the house and at the mail box and the trash bin. It feels like I don’t want to leave the house until spring:confused:

Snapseed

AD7166D1-F644-4968-9E42-24E8B673816C.jpeg

Winter has finally arrived in central New York (the center of the state, not the city) and as I was leaving our favorite brewery yesterday, I was reminded in a nearly disastrous way of how quickly things can freeze up. I instantly thought of you and your ice proofing equipment. What are those things called? Ice bugs? Are they a boot or something you put on your boots? Inquiring minds need to know!

Winter has finally arrived in central New York (the center of the state, not the city) and as I was leaving our favorite brewery yesterday, I was reminded in a nearly disastrous way of how quickly things can freeze up. I instantly thought of you and your ice proofing equipment. What are those things called? Ice bugs? Are they a boot or something you put on your boots? Inquiring minds need to know!
It’s a Swedish brand of boots and shoes with studs (and also without). I can see there are retail stores also in the US, but not in the state of NY. But of course you can buy them online - just that it’s difficult to buy shoes without testing them on your feet first. I do so sometimes though and usually the size is correct.

They have a big assortment. I have two pairs. My favourites are my IceBugs Metro 2W BUGrip - I have bought them in red

It’s a very popular brand here. Before I bought studded shoes I never went out for walks during the winter....

They also have things you attach to your “normal” boots. Can be better if you make a stop at a café or a shop as the studded ones are not made for walking indoors. I use mine only for walking out here where we live far away from stores and coffee shops. And with the C19 you don’t want to go indoors anyhow

It’s a Swedish brand of boots and shoes with studs (and also without). I can see there are retail stores also in the US, but not in the state of NY. But of course you can buy them online - just that it’s difficult to buy shoes without testing them on your feet first. I do so sometimes though and usually the size is correct.

They have a big assortment. I have two pairs. My favourites are my IceBugs Metro 2W BUGrip - I have bought them in red

It’s a very popular brand here. Before I bought studded shoes I never went out for walks during the winter....

They also have things you attach to your “normal” boots. Can be better if you make a stop at a café or a shop as the studded ones are not made for walking indoors. I use mine only for walking out here where we live far away from stores and coffee shops. And with the C19 you don’t want to go indoors anyhow
Yes! Those are the ones I was thinking of. But, now that you mention it, I was mainly worried about parking lots. At work, the various stores I need to get to, conditions can change a lot. I’ve had 2 coworkers fall in the parking lot at the high school. But once I have traversed the lot, I do need to go into the building.

Day 23 - January 23rd - Colours :inlove:

Sunshine today for once. Very windy though but still a wonderful break from the last weeks depressing weather. Which will return tomorrow by the way :confused:

Of course I couldn’t resist from making it look even more colourful than it was.

Snapseed, iColorama

7EFC9676-9E3B-4005-988B-B5AB1A245BA9.jpeg
7654E95E-2A10-4711-A007-F39EA333BB15.jpeg

Yes! Those are the ones I was thinking of. But, now that you mention it, I was mainly worried about parking lots. At work, the various stores I need to get to, conditions can change a lot. I’ve had 2 coworkers fall in the parking lot at the high school. But once I have traversed the lot, I do need to go into the building.
I guess you would rather have for use for “external studs”. I had something like that before I got the ”real thing”. I found it very cumbersome to attach and disattach them all the time. When I was still working I had by IceBugs on from home as it’s icy here and even more icy outside my workplace. Then I changed shoes as soon as I entered the building. A bit complicated that too. Best thing would be no more icy parking lots :whistle:

I guess you would rather have for use for “external studs”. I had something like that before I got the ”real thing”. I found it very cumbersome to attach and disattach them all the time. When I was still working I had by IceBugs on from home as it’s icy here and even more icy outside my workplace. Then I changed shoes as soon as I entered the building. A bit complicated that too. Best thing would be no more icy parking lots :whistle:
Oh, that would be nice! No more icy lots!

Day 24 - January 24th - Life is returning :inlove:

I see some of you have had our Swedish usual winter weather today. I asked the weather gods if I could swap weather with the Brits and my request was approved. We’ve had a gorgeous day up here. Totally unexpected - the forecasts had predicted snow. Bright sunshine, no wind and a blue sky. The birds are beginning to sing a bit more like they do in springtime. Of course I know that spring is very far away for us - we’ll have to wait until April, but days like this gives a heartwarming feeling about what will come.

Hazel
Shot with iPhone 12 Pro Max Tele setting. Cropped the original with Resizable which did a great job. Finally a little finetuning in Snapseed

A8C2C499-0994-458E-AB6E-EF936BC99570.jpeg

original:
F79A1831-BF57-432F-BA32-718B5E95A950.jpeg

Day 26 - January 26th - Moment of the day :whistle:

Nothing much happens here on my lonely days in the middle of nowhere. So the arrival of the mail van is quite exciting :D Today’s mail consisted in: 1. A marketing letter to my DH from a company who wanted to sell hearing aids. 2. A marketing letter to me from a company who sells ostomy pouches.
I say no more :rolleyes:

Except that you can send me admiring comments because today I’ve accomplished my yearly challenge - I’ve taken care of the yearly financial report for Linus and sent it to the authorities. I’m exhausted but very proud and relieved :thumbs:

Snapseed

192BC7AF-582A-4A31-A58E-9A807F1D3069.jpeg

original:
B1902DE8-108B-4AAC-980B-346FCBAD1038.jpeg

Day 27 - January 27th - At least I got a glimpse of it

Just as yesterday the sun appeared for a short while just before it was setting. Photo taken from outside our garage. I added some gloom and blur just because I’ve had a nasty day and needed a break :cool: Different apps: iColorama, Snapseed, Ultralight etc

A9392B95-B2F7-4A4E-8408-41D0D0D5A453.jpeg

Today’s mail consisted in: 1. A marketing letter to my DH from a company who wanted to sell hearing aids. 2. A marketing letter to me from a company who sells ostomy pouches.
:lmao:
Except that you can send me admiring comments because today I’ve accomplished my yearly challenge - I’ve taken care of the yearly financial report for Linus and sent it to the authorities. I’m exhausted but very proud and relieved :thumbs:
:thumbs:

Day 26 - January 26th - Moment of the day :whistle:

Nothing much happens here on my lonely days in the middle of nowhere. So the arrival of the mail van is quite exciting :D Today’s mail consisted in: 1. A marketing letter to my DH from a company who wanted to sell hearing aids. 2. A marketing letter to me from a company who sells ostomy pouches.

Snapseed

View attachment 164151

original:
View attachment 164152
Well done. I know what a great feat that is. :thumbs:

Day 27 - January 27th - At least I got a glimpse of it

Just as yesterday the sun appeared for a short while just before it was setting. Photo taken from outside our garage. I added some gloom and blur just because I’ve had a nasty day and needed a break :cool: Different apps: iColorama, Snapseed, Ultralight etc

View attachment 164172
What a great edit! I love that the road is sharp with the softness of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom