Day 40 - February 9th - Frosty is an understatement :coffee:

Good morning - sun just rose, minus 18 degrees up here on lat 60 :cool:

No edit

59F646DB-75B6-4D39-91A6-B15FCFA88153.jpeg

Day 40 - February 9th - Frosty is an understatement :coffee:

Good morning - sun just rose, minus 18 degrees up here on lat 60 :cool:

No edit

View attachment 164527
Such a lovely purple-y image. We had 8ºf equal to about -13ºC according to my converter. We usually get a week of zero or below weather around January-February. This year it’s been MOSTLY above normal.

Such a lovely purple-y image. We had 8ºf equal to about -13ºC according to my converter. We usually get a week of zero or below weather around January-February. This year it’s been MOSTLY above normal.
Now it’s midday and just minus 11. I’m preparing for my walk. Just waiting for my Watch to get fully loaded :cool:

Now it’s midday and just minus 11. I’m preparing for my walk. Just waiting for my Watch to get fully loaded :cool:
Our temp is rising nicely. Another storm on the way though. Ah well, we have to pay for all that “unseasonably warm” stuff we had the last two months.

Day 41 - February 10th - I hardly saw my feet :eek: :)

It’s been snowing all day. I had to turn back home earlier than planned as the snowfall was so dense I couldn’t see almost anything. I was lucky though and could take a second walk a bit later when the snow had calmed down a bit.

I normally don’t post selfies, but when I was out there with snow on my glasses I got an editing idea. I’ve used Fuzion and Snapseed. I post the two originals as thumbnails

DAA6E657-04E3-450B-B77A-A9DCAA1A83C7.jpeg

2A5CD0DE-AD3F-43AF-9725-B2486431D210.jpeg39783581-33D2-4549-986E-BFCA0E87BDA5.jpeg

That is a lotta snow!
We haven’t had this much and for so long in many years. Perhaps more than ten years ago. This is how I remember the winters in my childhood in the 60s. 1965, when I was five, is a “famous” year here for the long, cold and snowy winter. Me and my friends of the same age loved it because the “big boys” (perhaps nine years old) let us play with them when the created huge snowhouses - like igloos

Last edited:
We haven’t had this much and for so long in many years. Perhaps more than ten years ago. This is how I remember the winters in my childhood in the 60s. 1965, when I was five, is a “famous” year here for the long, cold and snowy winter. Me and my friends of the sam age loved it because the “big boys” (perhaps nine years old) let us play with them when the created huge snowhouses - like igloos
We had a famous year like that in the UK but I think it was in 1963. Anybody who can confirm that?

Here’s a pic I’ve just taken from my computer screen. I think I was 4 there - the little ’un on the left.

E6AB72DD-0F9A-4B0F-A499-C39E012DD844.jpeg

We had a famous year like that in the UK but I think it was in 1963. Anybody who can confirm that?

Here’s a pic I’ve just taken from my computer screen. I think I was 4 there - the little ’un on the left.

View attachment 164631
Cute :inlove: The term Screenshot just got a new cooler funnier meaning
This is 1965:
1A938A9A-A21B-4B0C-919B-AE56D2939906.jpeg

I still remember this event vaguely. Or is it because I’ve seen this photo a lot since those years? I believe that many “memories” in reality are memories of photos and family stories and myths :alien:
Yes, I agree for many memories but I still remember my Dad opening the door and the snow being up to the top and I don’t have a photograph of that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom