Mobi365 Ubbyisis’ Project 365 - 2021

A Manic Moonday?
In fact it was :cool: Slept for only four hours. Did a new walking record and managed to be done with the monthly challenge on my Watch. Then shopping with Linus who needed winter shoes and other complicated purchases. He got so happy and excited that he threw up in a fast food restaurant we visited. Back at Linus’ place we discovered that he had messed up with his AppleID on his devices and it took some time to get it right. And now back home I found there’s a new iOS version out. It’s very exhausting to be retired from work :coffee: :D

Day 299 - October 26th - Dreaming of summer and fearing winter

The garden is now cleared from summer stuff. Only things that remain is the frame of the garden tent and the pool. They will stay there and wait for next summer.

Summer dream version

99737025-A4D3-456E-9454-52DB97C805E3.jpeg

winter fear version:

5DAC5140-9019-48B6-8956-17E47A4678D0.jpeg

reality - if reality exists…. :alien:

2A2D1F8A-6FF0-49C5-85F2-6AEAC6CA6DF3.jpeg

Reality looks really nice. But it has been cold and windy and I think the iPhone always exaggerates the colours. In “my reality” it didn’t look this nice :coffee:

Have you tried the Dramatic filter in the Photos app? Illogical as it seems, I find it tones things down a bit without making any major changes.
Thanks :thumbs::), I keep “forgetting” that the Photos app is really good for editing. I just tested with the original. This is the Dramatic filter set to 100%. You are a genius;)
9110A365-A96B-4688-A9B8-972E6CE372D8.jpeg

Day 300 - October 27th - Before the rain

Got a magic moment early this morning before the rain started. This time the iPhone tuned down the colours. I could clearly see it on the display during that short moment it’s “processing” the photo. Interesting. Perhaps it thought the real colour was something wrong that had to be fixed :)

As it’s going to rain all day I decided to go wild with colours :cool: PTG LR iColorama

C44F4D5E-BD42-4F2E-AE66-295ED00B0E41.jpeg

original

D5B2A3F4-8BCD-4887-8F4F-FD6ADA4FCFBF.jpeg

Day 301 - October 28th - Great combo of old and new

Cozy early morning. Music from the 60s streaming from the wireless speaker. Flickering battery-powered candles are giving a warm light. Photos from the past on the wall. DH is off for work, but I have the fox scull as company :D

PTG

FE49D015-1AE8-40EF-941B-FFBCA6FD60A6.jpeg

just got this:
0BD21B84-BA3B-4977-AC93-A87C6CD556EA.jpeg

News update :whistle:
Just started the transfer of data from the old phone to the new one It will take all night. Please keep your fingers crossed :inlove: Already almost messed up. I dropped the phone on the floor when I was releasing it from the as always far too tight box
B8A28281-19CB-4B15-9E90-049EF3EEE1C8.jpeg

Just started the transfer of data from the old phone to the new one It will take all night. Please keep your fingers crossed :inlove: Already almost messed up. I dropped the phone on the floor when I was releasing it from the as always far too tight box
View attachment 172783
Yay happy days ahead… the transfer did take a while

View attachment 172783
Wow, it finally arrived!!! What fun - can’t. wait to see your images taken with it.

Day 302 - October 29th - Slooooooow :confused: :coffee:

I am one of those who wants things to go smoothly and quickly and everything must be perfect from the very beginning. So this new phone is a challenge. It still updates in the background. Photo library is OK. Perhaps you remember that someone in an Apple Store once said “I have never seen an iPhone with so many apps before :whistle: I guess I’m paying for that now. Lucklily the’ve still haven’t sent the box for the old phone which I will send to them to get some money back. I really wonder how much time this is going to take. I don’t remember it was like this the last time I upgraded to a new phone.

Did some quick tests with the “macro mode” - no edits

70AA2443-E319-425C-A888-91DD7646E9F4.jpeg

EE272CF3-6C3E-4636-A9C4-93F41D4B477A.jpeg

for reference
B333EBD9-EBB0-494C-9849-A7A1246DBD69.jpeg

I’ll post some more in my playground

Day 302 - October 29th - Slooooooow :confused: :coffee:

I am one of those who wants things to go smoothly and quickly and everything must be perfect from the very beginning. So this new phone is a challenge. It still updates in the background. Photo library is OK. Perhaps you remember that someone in an Apple Store once said “I have never seen an iPhone with so many apps before :whistle: I guess I’m paying for that now. Lucklily the’ve still haven’t sent the box for the old phone which I will send to them to get some money back. I really wonder how much time this is going to take. I don’t remember it was like this the last time I upgraded to a new phone.

Did some quick tests with the “macro mode” - no edits

View attachment 172811

View attachment 172814

for reference
View attachment 172813

I’ll post some more in my playground
Your “transfer” has taken longer than mine Eva but then I’ve only used 121 of 256gb storage. I constantly cull any apps I don’t use and when the mood arises I will spend a couple of hours culling photos or “killing my babies” as Eric Kim likes to say.

Your “transfer” has taken longer than mine Eva but then I’ve only used 121 of 256gb storage. I constantly cull any apps I don’t use and when the mood arises I will spend a couple of hours culling photos or “killing my babies” as Eric Kim likes to say.
Oh yes, I know I should do that. I had that good habit until about two years ago. Did a good clean-up once a month. The most difficult is to decide which babies to kill. I love looking back at what we did for ex a year ago. The camera roll is like a diary. I used to transfer photos to an external drive but I soon realized that once they get there I never look at them.

PS “Transfer” suddenly said swooosh and was ready. Perhaps there were some other things going on on our network that slowed down the process

Oh yes, I know I should do that. I had that good habit until about two years ago. Did a good clean-up once a month. The most difficult is to decide which babies to kill. I love looking back at what we did for ex a year ago. The camera roll is like a diary. I used to transfer photos to an external drive but I soon realized that once they get there I never look at them.

PS “Transfer” suddenly said swooosh and was ready. Perhaps there were some other things going on on our network that slowed down the process
Years ago i transferred photos from my earliest iPhone to an external drive and some of the photos were corrupted.

Day 303 - October 30th - Opus DH :D :thumbs:

DH has been 50% retired the last two years. Now it’s only one month left until it will be 100%. As you might have noticed he already almost always has projects going on. Life will be totally crazy from December :eek: :)

iPhone 13 Pro Max and PTG

A4AA0495-9EE6-47EA-871F-9ADC63B05469.jpeg

BE1E624A-C354-4228-8ED8-1B531D5DE9DE.jpeg

Day 303 - October 30th - Opus DH :D :thumbs:

DH has been 50% retired the last two years. Now it’s only one month left until it will be 100%. As you might have noticed he already almost always has projects going on. Life will be totally crazy from December :eek: :)

iPhone 13 Pro Max and PTG

View attachment 172848

View attachment 172849
Great photo of DH, definitely looks good for pre-retirement.

Great photo of DH, definitely looks good for pre-retirement.
Thanks, in fact he’s doing overtime. He’ll be 68 next month. 65 is the age when you have the right to go, but that’s going to change. I’m glad we both escaped from having to work until we’re 70 or something. Of course that depends on what work you’re doing. I once saw an interview with an art gallery owner who “couldn’t understand people complaining about having to work longer” He said he could gladly work until he died. That’s easy for him to say.

Thanks, in fact he’s doing overtime. He’ll be 68 next month. 65 is the age when you have the right to go, but that’s going to change. I’m glad we both escaped from having to work until we’re 70 or something. Of course that depends on what work you’re doing. I once saw an interview with an art gallery owner who “couldn’t understand people complaining about having to work longer” He said he could gladly work until he died. That’s easy for him to say.
I’m 65 and my “game plan” is to work until 70. But that could change and I’m guessing that DH, unlike me, looks like a handyman and could probably fill his retirement days quite nicely. I was happy to finish with my full time career (surveyor) a few years back and now getting paid to walk the streets reading electricity meters

I’m 65 and my “game plan” is to work until 70. But that could change and I’m guessing that DH, unlike me, looks like a handyman and could probably fill his retirement days quite nicely. I was happy to finish with my full time career (surveyor) a few years back and now getting paid to walk the streets reading electricity meters
Your work would suit me perfectly :D

Back
Top Bottom