Mobi365 Ubbyisis’ Project 365 - 2021

I was tempted at first, but by the time I got round to catching up, it was four seasons in!
I watched it all during lockdown and like you, I was at first put off by the sheer size of it. But it really is worth the long haul and I live quite close to Repton where the Great Army camped 873-874 so it has local interest for me. Recommended.

I found norse and celtic mythology fascinating for a long time and read a lot of the work of Joseph Campbell on comparatives. Norse kind of resonates the most powerfully with me, probably due to its deep connections with natural things and with magic. Its perhaps a bit fashionable now due to the Marvel Thor films, but I think few people go beyond the hammer wielding super hero façade and see the wonderful tales behind it.
You would love to come here for a visit. Our area is full of rune stones and grave fields etc. In fact we live on a grave field from the bronze age or is it iron age - can’t ask DH as he’s in a meeting :rolleyes:

I watched it all during lockdown and like you, I was at first put off by the sheer size of it. But it really is worth the long haul and I live quite close to Repton where the Great Army camped 873-874 so it has local interest for me. Recommended.
OK, I must reconsider it then. Must check up where to see it. For the moment we only have HBO Max and Apple TV+

Day 315 - November 11th - This is NOT a viking :D

I may have posted this guy in an earlier 365, but I couldn’t figure out what to capture today. We got this garden gnome from one of my aunts after her death perhaps 30 years ago and since then it has remained in the same corner of the garden under a huge pine tree.

Edited with Lightroom Mobile. I wanted to test the new masking features. MUCH better than the old ones - I never understood how they worked. If they could make a working repair tool I would be even more satisfied. But nothing beats Touch Retouch which got involved in this pic too

421918CE-3BA2-4C2F-A0DA-17E280E5B33D.jpeg

original:

25BE1267-183A-471B-9A87-D6BFE46FC947.jpeg

Day 316 - November 12th - Beautiful but cold

Such a beautiful day. Feels so strange though as something horrible happened here in our little village yesterday.

orange photo edited with iColorama and then blended with the orig in Image Blender
moon and old oak tree edited with PTG
sun going down over the forest (at 2 pm :confused:) edited with PTG and Snapseed

E0B13343-EE87-42DF-86AD-7D23B654E070.jpeg

B4FC7817-3649-4BB8-96B9-308800574548.jpeg

BB284451-1A12-480B-9AAA-51CD35D19DA6.jpeg

Day 317 - November 13th - Afternoon meeting in the snag

Quite heavy edit on this one. A grey day here and my soul needs colours. Shot with native cam, a great amount of digital zoom (300mm). Edited in Lightroom, Distressed and Image Blender. The birds are jackdaws - a signature bird for our region

BB30C91A-BD44-4E1D-97B1-AD73B4C029EE.jpeg

original:

BED2CA3F-651F-442C-807A-D9E24BA2D838.jpeg

Day 318 - November 14th - The Two Towers …

On our way home from today’s trip (to the Apple Store :rolleyes: ) we took a short break in a small classic Swedish village where the church and the school are neighbours.

Hipstamatic - lens Tachman, film Djamma, flash Jolly Rainbow

3721A808-30E0-4E5F-97FA-C7B681E94084.jpeg

original:
20979A87-61A3-4E8E-B00A-8A40F1B04510.jpeg

Apple Store - zoomed in

13F24CBB-BBFF-44C1-B979-55AC01BC137D.jpeg

Day 321 - November 17th - Characteristic Swedish church

Didn’t take any photos during daylight. When we passed this church on our way to the grocery store I thought “Why not”. Didn’t come out as I wanted. Tomorrow we might get a bit of sunshine. I hope the weather satellites have correct info - this grey weather is just toooooo much to bear

1CC788BE-CB32-48A3-BFCF-7B6CACC11EFA.jpeg

Day 317 - November 13th - Afternoon meeting in the snag

Quite heavy edit on this one. A grey day here and my soul needs colours. Shot with native cam, a great amount of digital zoom (300mm). Edited in Lightroom, Distressed and Image Blender. The birds are jackdaws - a signature bird for our region

View attachment 173271

original:

View attachment 173270
Maybe because I’m a heavy editor most of the time, but the edit looks cool :thumbs:

Day 322 - November 18th - Morning delivery of new warm slippers :thumbs:

Bought a pair of warm slippers for only 8GBP - normal price 42. Perfect fit and warm and cozy. Delivered to our postbox at 6 am. Net shopping when it’s best. Argentum DE

View attachment 173399
Don’t talk to me about shopping. With the bird-sized shit show that my life has been lately I’m buying things non-stop o_O and then the packages arrive and I don’t even want to open them anymore!:oops:

Don’t talk to me about shopping. With the bird-sized shit show that my life has been lately I’m buying things non-stop o_O and then the packages arrive and I don’t even want to open them anymore!:oops:
I’m always shopping tons of stuff this time of the year. And it’s NOT Christmas gifts :rolleyes: I guess it’s my November frustration. Today has been without excesses - this far…. just an order of espresso and coconut oil :)

I’m always shopping tons of stuff this time of the year. And it’s NOT Christmas gifts :rolleyes: I guess it’s my November frustration. Today has been without excesses - this far…. just an order of espresso and coconut oil :)
I need some nice warm slippers. So you professional shoppers have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom