Mobi365 Ubbyisis’ Project 365 - 2022

Day 353 - December 19th - I’m exhausted :coffee:

The last years My husband has fixed the Christmas shopping as it’s kind of complicated and scary for me with my silly stomach. This year he wanted me to come with him. Next year I’ll refuse again :D People everywhere even on a Monday. I personally think we could skip buying gifts and stuff for Christmas, but there’s a strong tradition in my side of the family. And my sister and my Mom would be so sad. So I continue to play the game.

Stuff - edits in Picsart and iColorama

EB289953-6AB1-489D-8F92-05148E998328.jpeg

Day 353 - December 19th - I’m exhausted :coffee:

The last years My husband has fixed the Christmas shopping as it’s kind of complicated and scary for me with my silly stomach. This year he wanted me to come with him. Next year I’ll refuse again :D People everywhere even on a Monday. I personally think we could skip buying gifts and stuff for Christmas, but there’s a strong tradition in my side of the family. And my sister and my Mom would be so sad. So I continue to play the game.

Stuff - edits in Picsart and iColorama

View attachment 188324
I am sorry for that tradition. My husband and I stopped giving to each other years ago. We were able to convince the families to only give to the children. Now our boys have grown and we only have our granddaughter to buy for. She’s 15 now so will be getting a gift card. That‘s one of my beefs with the holiday. Too much focus on material things and not enough on the simplicity of being together.

I am sorry for that tradition. My husband and I stopped giving to each other years ago. We were able to convince the families to only give to the children. Now our boys have grown and we only have our granddaughter to buy for. She’s 15 now so will be getting a gift card. That‘s one of my beefs with the holiday. Too much focus on material things and not enough on the simplicity of being together.
If it wasn’t for Linus we would spend Christmas in peace and quiet just the two of us. He’s more of a party guy though :whistle: :D And he loves our big Christmas parties. I think they are just a bit too much. Last year I stayed at home when the rest of the gang were partying at my brother's place

Last edited:
If it wasn’t for Linus we would spend Christmas in peace and quiet just the two of us. He’s more of a party guy though :whistle: :D And he loves our big Christmas parties. I think they are just a bit too much. Last year I stayed at home when the rest of the gang have been partying at my brother's place
I’ve never been much of a partier, either. I don’t like crowds much in general. We have a Christmas brunch, with our boys and my brother. This year Mike’s brother will join us. He lost his wife two years ago. This is what we’ve done for years. It’s pretty casual. Easy finger foods, prepared in advance. I still stress over it, but after we’re sitting at the table, I am glad to be doing this.

Good for Linus for being a party animal! I am a little jealous that I’m so reserved.

I’ve never been much of a partier, either. I don’t like crowds much in general. We have a Christmas brunch, with our boys and my brother. This year Mike’s brother will join us. He lost his wife two years ago. This is what we’ve done for years. It’s pretty casual. Easy finger foods, prepared in advance. I still stress over it, but after we’re sitting at the table, I am glad to be doing this.

Good for Linus for being a party animal! I am a little jealous that I’m so reserved.
I admit - I was a fanatic party animal when I was younger :whistle: Calmed down over the years. And then after the stoma surgery in 2014, it became completely impossible to be a party animal. I'm glad I have tons of crazy memories from my past:rolleyes:

Day 354 - December 20th - Sleeping Giant

Drizzling rain since late last night. The roads are turning to ice. We were out walking for more than an hour. Without our Icebugs boots, we would have had to stay inside.

Sleeping Giant shot with native cam and edited in Hipsta

B7EFA55F-07F1-439B-B80F-29ACFE9A6B27.jpeg

original:
7F406D85-E59F-4079-8959-E5F40A1AF566.jpeg

Day 255 - December 21st Winter Solstice Day - Winter when it is at its worse

I don’t know if the title is correct in English. I don’t trust Google Translate. But it should be understandable I think. Such a horrible winter day. Dark and gloomy. And just look at the ice on our entrance road. But exactly now it’s Winter Solstice. That’s something to feel joyful about :)

edits in Snapseed

C8BA339A-D64F-4089-A90E-86CE2E5F7E3B.jpeg

Last edited:

I don’t know if the title is correct in English. I don’t trust Google Translate. But it should be understandable I think. Such a horrible winter day. Dark and gloomy. And just look at the ice on our entrance road. But exactly now it’s Winter Solstice. That’s something to feel joyful about :)

edits in Snapseed

View attachment 188354
I think you got it right. Ice and gloom, yuk.

edits in Snapseed

View attachment 188354
I can’t believe I wrote Day 255 :facepalm: :alien:

Two lovely portraits. The lights on the wall are magical. What was Linus listening to?
He was listening to the Swedish singer/poet/writer/painter Ulf Lundell. I don't think he is famous at all outside of Scandinavia. By now he's 73 and I've been a true fan since his debut in 1976. We've been to many concerts with him over the years, the last one July 16th last summer.

Day 358 - December 24th Julafton - Mission completed :thumbs:

We're home again after the Christmas party with my wild family. Lots of fun and I wasn't too disturbed by my health issues. Linus was super happy of course. We were 16 people in total. I'm not used to crowds nowadays - I feel very tired but happy that everything went smoother than my worst suspicions.

On our way. Shot from the front seat in an akward position.

7656CF92-B183-49D3-84D2-AB7333D01119.jpeg

My brother's huge Christmas tree

6B514F67-3D99-44C8-B46B-EDB9C731C459.jpeg

Day 358 - December 24th Julafton - Mission completed :thumbs:

We're home again after the Christmas party with my wild family. Lots of fun and I wasn't too disturbed by my health issues. Linus was super happy of course. We were 16 people in total. I'm not used to crowds nowadays - I feel very tired but happy that everything went smoother than my worst suspicions.

On our way. Shot from the front seat in an akward position.

View attachment 188417

My brother's huge Christmas tree

View attachment 188418
Awkward angles seem to agree with you! I like that first pic. And I love Linus’ hat.

Just what I thought. Our Christmas weather this year is the perfect match for the Mobi-snow :thumbs:
Our blizzard has abated, but it’s still cold. Our family with arrive in a couple of hours for bunch. I’m trying not to stress…..

It has often occurred to me, when I’m responding to you or you to me and it seems like we’re the only ones on Mobitog, it’s almost as if we are chatting. It makes the world feel a little smaller. Merry Christmas, Eva!

Our blizzard has abated, but it’s still cold. Our family with arrive in a couple of hours for bunch. I’m trying not to stress…..

It has often occurred to me, when I’m responding to you or you to me and it seems like we’re the only ones on Mobitog, it’s almost as if we are chatting. It makes the world feel a little smaller. Merry Christmas, Eva!
Thanks Star :) I've had the same thought of us two chatting:whistle: I hope you’re having a nice and peaceful Christmas with your family:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom