Mobi366 Ubbyisis’ Project 366 - 2020

That looks the Box Alder Beetles that live under our siding. One of our cats used to eat them, but after 100 or so they apparently lost their appeal. :lmao:
When they show up we leave them be or in warm weather send them outside.
And in France they call them the Gendarme beetle, I presume because of their black and red “plummage”. :lol: They had a plague of them in September in the Dordogne just before we arrived there.

Day 59 - February 28th - Touch Retouch sunset ;)

Touch Retouch is still unbeatable when it comes to removing unwanted stuff. Also edited in Lightroom and then added my favourite iColorama style: Coherence.

D27EF4C7-CF0B-4B3F-A95C-E5601E1F97DB.jpeg

original:
D328B028-1F95-4D23-83CC-7A6C65698D63.jpeg

Day 60 - February 29th - Feelin’ grumpy today :alien:

When I visited our garage this morning I decided we desperately needed to go to the recycling center. So much junk and empty boxes :( I got frustrated as it becomes so clear we buy to much stuff that we really don’t need. As always when it’s recycling time I also turned into a grumpy old lady. The reason is that although we live about 5 km from the nearest recycling centre we are not allowed to leave our junk there. Instead we have go to the centre in Uppsala 30 km from here. Isn’t that silly? We live on the “wrong side” of the municipality border. If we had lived about 300 meters further up the road we would have been allowed to go to the closest centre. Isn’t that extremely silly:mad: And yes, there are guardians who asks for a special card to prove you live on the right side.

Well, now it’s done for this time :thumbs:

Edited in Hipstamatic

3060492A-51AF-4024-B110-82E6009F8A57.jpeg

When I visited our garage this morning I decided we desperately needed to go to the recycling center. So much junk and empty boxes :( I got frustrated as it becomes so clear we buy to much stuff that we really don’t need. As always when it’s recycling time I also turned into a grumpy old lady. The reason is that although we live about 5 km from the nearest recycling centre we are not allowed to leave our junk there. Instead we have go to the centre in Uppsala 30 km from here. Isn’t that silly? We live on the “wrong side” of the municipality border. If we had lived about 300 meters further up the road we would have been allowed to go to the closest centre. Isn’t that extremely silly:mad: And yes, there are guardians who asks for a special card to prove you live on the right side.

Edited in Hipstamatic

View attachment 155638
I’m not surprised you’re annoyed about it. It IS silly. It’s great though, isn’t it, to clear away the “rubbish”. I love having a good Spring clean.

Day 52 - February 21st - Troll hair ;)

I’ve passed this piece of lichen that has fallen from a nearby tree for many days now. And every time it makes me fantasize that it is a piece of hair from a forest troll :)

Edited with Fine - thanks JillyG for the inspiration :thumbs:
View attachment 155449

original:
View attachment 155448
I think this is Usnea! When you tug on the strands to they give way like a rubberband? I recently took a winter plant medicine foraging class and we harvested some. It gets dried then ground into a powder and you use it for wounds (add water to make a paste and slather in wounds then bandage.) It’s anti microbial, anti fungal, antiviral, and helps stop bleeding. We went home with some dried powder and I’ve used it on a deep scratch (a la Timmy the Kitten :smirkcat:) and it works wonders!

Day 56 - February 25th - Empowered :thumbs::D

Today was the day I had decided to finish off the monthly challenge from my Apple Watch without bothering about nor bad weather or pain. Nasty wind from northeast was the first thing I noted in the early morning. Mittens, wool socks, special socks for heel protection, an extra dose of painkillers and a random playlist in my earbuds and I was on the road again. Couldn’t really decide if I should follow my plan and was about to turn back when the playlist launched on old revolutionary Swedish punk hit from 1980 and when I raised my eyes towards the sky an eagle appeared. Magic moment that almost made me think I was hallucinating :alien:;) I felt it was a sign for me to keep to my plan and when I came back home I had walked much longer than I needed to accomplish my goal.

Extremely minimalistic bird photo, but the eagle was real

View attachment 155545

Felt I needed to make a crazy picture to commemorate my “great achievement “ :lmao:

View attachment 155546
That’s a beautiful story, with images to match. :inlove: :notworthy:

Edited in Hipstamatic

View attachment 155638
That would make me grumpy too. So dumb. :rolleyes:

I think this is Usnea! When you tug on the strands to they give way like a rubberband? I recently took a winter plant medicine foraging class and we harvested some. It gets dried then ground into a powder and you use it for wounds (add water to make a paste and slather in wounds then bandage.) It’s anti microbial, anti fungal, antiviral, and helps stop bleeding. We went home with some dried powder and I’ve used it on a deep scratch (a la Timmy the Kitten :smirkcat:) and it works wonders!
Thanks! New knowledge to me, but it must be Usnea. Interesting. It’s quite common here we’re we live. This particular variety is called ”skägglav” in Swedish - ”beard lichen” :)

Edited in Hipstamatic

View attachment 155638
So it’s 5km on the other side? Because 5km seems more on the same side than 30km :lol: Just take your phone to them and show them this message and you’ll be allowed entry :lmao:
And yes, it is crazy.
and a great shot:)

Edited in Hipstamatic

View attachment 155638
EBCCE047-F7F0-4126-928F-329B46313E05.jpeg

Day 62 - March 2nd - for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health :inlove: :)

This must be love: I got so much pain in my feet that I had to text my DH when I was out on my daily walk. A few minutes later I heard the familiar sound of our Dacia Duster and I got my shoes changed and I could continue my walk. Like pit stop :lmao:

41E2672C-E40E-4BE5-8BB1-69C6A4005A5E.jpeg

Day 62 - March 2nd - for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health :inlove: :)

This must be love: I got so much pain in my feet that I had to text my DH when I was out on my daily walk. A few minutes later I heard the familiar sound of our Dacia Duster and I got my shoes changed and I could continue my walk. Like pit stop :lmao:

View attachment 155696

what a beautiful story & image :inlove:
and the angle of the shot, all that sky, and the rainbow-like curve over his shoulder, make your DH look like a shoe-bearing angel :)

PS: This image would be perfect for GroovyGouvy ’s Colour theme this week: ‘Something Tied:inlove:

View attachment 155696
That’s so sweet :inlove:

View attachment 155696
Awwwww, that’s so lovely. He’s a keeper!

Day 63 - March 3rd - Hard to choose shoes :D

Rain has stopped,
So I have no excuse
Only that I have to
Choose my shoes

They all have their goods and bads

Wish me good luck ;) My DH can’t rescue me today:confused:

Snapseed and iColorama

F958A443-25AE-45EA-B67C-D7E615170235.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom