Mobi366 Ubbyisis’ Project 366 - 2020

Day 15 - January 15th - Early bird

Our mini pansies have spread themselves everywhere in the garden. This particular one grows on the south side of the house.

Camera + macro mode, Snapseed, iColorama, Becasso

8E8349EE-0E32-4C71-B3D0-6B8300129845.jpeg

original:
05511ED7-4A1D-4169-80D9-235E22B184AB.jpeg

Day 17 - January 17th - Alien birch tree :D

I might have posted this tree in one of my earlier 365:s. But it’s so cool so here I go again. The tree once had two eyes, a nose and a mouth, but the objects have disappeared with time. It was a gift from friends.

Snapseed

A8C481CF-4899-42AC-B56D-A1439A19820B.jpeg

Day 17 - January 17th - Alien birch tree :D

I might have posted this tree in one of my earlier 365:s. But it’s so cool so here I go again. The tree once had two eyes, a nose and a mouth, but the objects have disappeared with time. It was a gift from friends.

Snapseed

View attachment 154187
It looks like it is actually part of the tree and has grown there. Lovely.

It looks like it is actually part of the tree and has grown there. Lovely.
I know, I had actually forgotten that it was still there. I was sitting in my smoking chair outside our house desperately trying to figure out what I could use for today’s posting. The tree is a few meters from where I sat and by pure luck my brain registered the eye on the birch. The things you see everyday are often the things you don’t see - if you know what I mean ;)

I know, I had actually forgotten that it was still there. I was sitting in my smoking chair outside our house desperately trying to figure out what I could use for today’s posting. The tree is a few meters from where I sat and by pure luck my brain registered the eye on the birch. The things you see everyday are often the things you don’t see - if you know what I mean ;)
I DO know what you mean. We have an expression “familiarity breeds contempt” meaning just what you said.

I DO know what you mean. We have an expression “familiarity breeds contempt” meaning just what you said.
Must add that expression to the English part of my brain! In a way it is another way of saying “the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence” - “gräset är alltid grönare på andra sidan om staketet” :) The we have the expression “hemmablind” which literally means “home blind” i.e. you are blind to the things that surround you every day.

Must add that expression to the English part of my brain! In a way it is another way of saying “the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence” - “gräset är alltid grönare på andra sidan om staketet” :) The we have the expression “hemmablind” which literally means “home blind” i.e. you are blind to the things that surround you every day.
Yes, you use one word - hemmablind - when we use three. :lol:

Day 19 - January 19th - Negative space

Saw this nice sky when we left the shopping mall. I like the glow of the setting sun in the windows. Could just take one photo, because my phone crashed as usual. Had to do a bit of work with it instead. Touch Retouch and Snapseed.

36F79EF8-4294-43F0-9F67-40DF808F9E4E.jpeg

original:

91CE7C46-8A28-4015-81C0-2749768B15CB.jpeg

Day 20 - January 20th - You know the feeling....

.... when you had heard it should be sunny and temperatures for a walk with the summer jacket, but instead you get light rain, strong nasty wind and a need for Icebugs.

This decoration, made by my creative DH ;) - perfectly reflects how I felt when I realized I was wrongly informed:alien:

Shot with Gimbse app, edited in Snapseed and LR mobile

4513886B-EC2F-4BDA-AD07-C0457B531999.jpeg

Day 21 - January 21st - Buds

I tried to take a photo of an eagle that was passing by, but of course I didn’t had a chance. So, just some lilac buds today. Shot with Camera+2 in macro mode and cropped and added watercolour style in iColorama.

A9F7079F-9085-4DEF-9915-3E3F601021DB.jpeg

original:
1EC63449-99D2-490F-8642-46F6D2905D61.jpeg

Day 21 - January 21st - Buds

I tried to take a photo of an eagle that was passing by, but of course I didn’t had a chance. So, just some lilac buds today. Shot with Camera+2 in macro mode and cropped and added watercolour style in iColorama.

View attachment 154383

original:
View attachment 154384
Lilac buds - how marvellous. The magnolia in our garden has buds on it. I’m going to try and photograph some, inspired by you.

Day 22 - January 22nd - Another visit to the Wolves’ Ford

I recently posted a pic from this place, but it’s so beautiful there so I repeat myself ;) Sunshine today so it was a perfect day for taking a short trip. The place is called Ulva kvarn. A long time ago, before the kvarn/mill was built it was called Vargvadet/Wolves’ ford as the wolves used to pass the river there. Ulv and Varg both means Wolf by the way. Today we wanted to see if we could spot the white-throated dipper we saw there on our last visit. And we were lucky:) Unfortunately you are not allowed to see him as I captured him with my Panasonic Lumix that has a great zoom. I will post him on my Insta later.

I played with long exposure today. Tested the slow shutter feature of Moment app, but I didn’t succeed to get anything worth posting. Instead I shot a Live photo with the native cam. Made two duplicates within the Camera roll: one long exposure and one still. Then I used iColorama and blended the two photos. No other edits. The bright colours are “originals” :D

Blended

E317EC14-5E87-482F-8B66-5935533C3FC7.jpeg

Still:

511E766B-4614-40E0-98DF-7E9C3B3F3EEA.jpeg

I recently posted a pic from this place, but it’s so beautiful there so I repeat myself ;) Sunshine today so it was a perfect day for taking a short trip. The place is called Ulva kvarn. A long time ago, before the kvarn/mill was built it was called Vargvadet/Wolves’ ford as the wolves used to pass the river there. Ulv and Varg both means Wolf by the way. Today we wanted to see if we could spot the white-throated dipper we saw there on our last visit. And we were lucky:) Unfortunately you are not allowed to see him as I captured him with my Panasonic Lumix that has a great zoom. I will post him on my Insta later.

I played with long exposure today. Tested the slow shutter feature of Moment app, but I didn’t succeed to get anything worth posting. Instead I shot a Live photo with the native cam. Made two duplicates within the Camera roll: one long exposure and one still. Then I used iColorama and blended the two photos. No other edits. The bright colours are “originals” :D

Blended

View attachment 154414

Still:

View attachment 154415
What a beautiful day/place. I love the long exposure image...just lovely.

Blended

View attachment 154414

Still:

View attachment 154415
I love them both. The slow shutter one makes the water look like dry ice (you know, that stuff that sort of smokes without fire).

I love them both. The slow shutter one makes the water look like dry ice (you know, that stuff that sort of smokes without fire).
Yes I know what you mean. Slow shutters in a way are very surreal, but beautiful. The still is more like I saw it. Or rather the live photo I used for the still is what I really saw.

Back
Top Bottom