Ubbyisis aka Eva’s 2024 366

Day 66 - March 6th - Alder tree katkins

Finally, we got a well-deserved sunny day. Very chilly though. On my walk I was busy scanning for signs of spring. Spotted these beautiful red alder tree katkins

edits in LR

Once again I had good use for the better zoom on the iPhone 15 Pro Max

IMG_6959.jpeg

overview

IMG_6958.jpeg

Day 67 - March 7th - Time for pansies - at least in the daytime

Yesterday my DH bought some pansies. They wouldn't have survived last night - the temp was minus 7C (19F) so the spent their first night in the cosy garage :D This morning he brought them out. A true sign of spring. They'll spend the nights in the garage for the time being though

edits in LR

IMG_6978.jpeg

Day 68 - Friday 8th - The nurse did it again :mad: but we saved the victim from boredom and isolation :thumbs:

OK, so Linus got a little snotty-nosed yesterday. And that f-word nurse: "If snot then isolation" He must stay inside his apartment and is not allowed to go to the planned activities the gym and a dance night
We did what we always do. DH went off to kidnap the snotty young man and we'll keep him here for a few days.
Happy Bubble Man. No fever. In good mood. Just a little snotty

edits in Lightroom

IMG_7002.jpeg

Day 70 - March 10th - The larks are late

At this time of the year, we usually hear and see skylarks over this field. They haven’t arrived yet. Probably because the winds have been from the North the last few days. Statistically, they should have arrived a week ago. Now we’re longing for mild winds from SW.

edits in Radiant and LR

IMG_7053.jpeg

Day 71 - March 11th - I’m still waiting for true wildflowers

but in the meantime, these winter aconite/Eranthis hyemalis outside a garden nearby are a good substitute for the real stuff :)

Shot on my sunny :thumbs: walk

native cam, edits in LR

IMG_2024-03-11-175518.jpeg

IMG_7070.jpeg

Day 72 - March 12th - Crow

At first I thought It was a bird of prey that landed in the pine at the roadside. I used my phone as binoculars and it was "just a crow". And with a disturbing branch in front of it. I still liked the photo - trying to fight against my perfectionism - so I edited it Snapseed.

IMG_7089.jpeg

Very nice! I never would have guessed MokuHanga was involved.
And I had forgotten the existence of MokuHanga. It was your posts with your new app that made me think - Didn't I have some Japanese looking app :D

Day 74 - March 14th - Not ready to die just yet

One of my favourite songs is "Vårens första dag" (First Day of Spring) by the singer songwriter Laleh. In that song she sings something like "Let me stay alive just a little bit more, I'm not prepared to die just yet" When I saw this lonely mutilated birch surrounded by fir tree plants on a deforestation area that phrase popped up in my mind.
Took a few photos and right then another of my favourite songs came out in my Airpods. It's called Tranorna kommer (The cranes are coming back) and describes the singers feelings in early spring. I almost expected to see some cranes above my head - I know they have arrived - but I didn't even see a crow :rolleyes:
As you might have guessed it was a bit springlike today. 11 degrees C (52F). But very strong winds from the south.

Colourful version - Radiant Mobile app

PicTapGo-2024-03-14-185050.jpeg

Sadder BW version - Pic-Tap-Go

PicTapGo-2024-03-14-185208.jpeg

Fake cranes version - Picsart

5F22EC1C-E3DD-44F8-91E6-FAE9E684CB98.jpeg

One of my favourite songs is "Vårens första dag" (First Day of Spring) by the singer songwriter Laleh. In that song she sings something like "Let me stay alive just a little bit more, I'm not prepared to die just yet" When I saw this lonely mutilated birch surrounded by fir tree plants on a deforestation area that phrase popped up in my mind.
Took a few photos and right then another of my favourite songs came out in my Airpods. It's called Tranorna kommer (The cranes are coming back) and describes the singers feelings in early spring. I almost expected to see some cranes above my head - I know they have arrived - but I didn't even see a crow :rolleyes:
As you might have guessed it was a bit springlike today. 11 degrees C (52F). But very strong winds from the south.

View attachment 200648

View attachment 200649

View attachment 200650
I have some real (Sandhill) Cranes in my 365. Feel free to use them to keep your lonely tree company.

Day 75 - March 15th - Much needed photo restauration :D

I opened one of my photo albums from my childhood and as always a great part of the photos fell out like autumn leaves. Apparently, photo glue doesn't last for 60 years. As usual, I started cursing and swearing :whistle: I must have extra good at showing my frustration. My personal hero saved me from despair :thumbs:

edits in Darkroom

IMG_7197.jpeg

Day 78 - March 18th - Evening sun in our livingroom

We bought roses for my Dad’s birthday. As always we bought two bunches. One of them for the grave and the other one for our living room. Suddenly I realised that last weeks tulips were not in perfect shape anymore :)

Just tiny adjustments in Radiant mobile

IMG_4761_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

IMG_4759_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Day 79 - March 19th - Sturdy

I posted this little bunch of winter aconites on Day 71, last Monday, when spring was in the air. Then winter struck back. the last nights we’ve had temperatures around minus 10C. They are called ”vintergäck” in Swedish - ”Gäcka” is an old verb meaning ’to mock/tease/making fun of’ It’s very obvious how it got its’ name :geek:

From my walk. Edits in LR

IMG_7356.jpeg

IMG_7357.jpeg

View attachment 200648

View attachment 200649

View attachment 200650
You should AI in some pterodactyls or something prehistoric into your black and white one

Back
Top Bottom