ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Before the storm

Black Friday is another thing we’ve imported. All the marketing emails make me sick. And all the hysteria around it :confused: :zip: I had an appointment at the health center early this morning. We were a bit early so I took an indoor walk in the shopping mall instead of sitting in the waiting room. Almost deserted, but when we left it was crowded. Real horror. I bought a red dress and then we drove home to our peaceful place.

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4082.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

Before the storm

Black Friday is another thing we’ve imported. All the marketing emails make me sick. And all the hysteria around it :confused: :zip: I had an appointment at the health center early this morning. We were a bit early so I took an indoor walk in the shopping mall instead of sitting in the waiting room. Almost deserted, but when we left it was crowded. Real horror. I bought a red dress and then we drove home to our peaceful place.

View attachment 198084

View attachment 198085

View attachment 198086
I find it hilarious that your country has latched onto to Black Friday without Thanksgiving. The worst of the holiday, without the holiday. It must be marketing.

Spry seniors :cool:

I just found a new word for me in the dictionary - spry. The Farley dictionary says the word is possibly of Swedish origin, but the Swedish original word they mention is completely unknown to me - me: the Word Nerd ! :geek: Anyhow I thought I should use it, just for fun.

People in their cars passing by in their warm cars gave us thumbs up when they passed by as we were out walking. Variating weather, partly blizzard but also a few moments of sunshine

edits in Lightroom Mobile

IMG_4109.jpeg

IMG_4113.jpeg

Sunset before 3pm

three versions

forgotten what and why I did on this version
PicTapGo-2023-11-25-155817.jpeg

PicTapGo - P.O.S. lens effect
PicTapGo-2023-11-25-155623.jpeg

original:
IMG_1123.jpeg

the photographer and her hubby - we look happy but we had ice-cold snow in our boots. The snow depth is higher than our boots height :rolleyes:

IMG_4111_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

I just found a new word for me in the dictionary - spry. The Farley dictionary says the word is possibly of Swedish origin, but the Swedish original word they mention is completely unknown to me - me: the Word Nerd !
I had to look up the derivation, too, in Wiktionary. The part I especially enjoyed was at the very end: "Related to sprack, sprig, sprug, freckle." The whole entry is

"From British dialectal sprey, from Old Norse sprækr (“nimble, lively”) from Proto-Germanic *sprēkiz (“lively”), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)preg- (“to strew, jerk, sprinkle, scatter”). Cognate with Icelandic sprækur (“lively, spry”), Norwegian sprek (“lively, healthy”), dialectal Swedish sprygg (“brisk, very active, skittish”). More at spark. Related to sprack, sprig, sprug, freckle."

Anyhow I thought I should use it, just for fun.
I approve. :D I once managed to work versipellous into a computer magazine article I wrote (and the editors left it in!).

I had to look up the derivation, too, in Wiktionary. The part I especially enjoyed was at the very end: "Related to sprack, sprig, sprug, freckle." The whole entry is

"From British dialectal sprey, from Old Norse sprækr (“nimble, lively”) from Proto-Germanic *sprēkiz (“lively”), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)preg- (“to strew, jerk, sprinkle, scatter”). Cognate with Icelandic sprækur (“lively, spry”), Norwegian sprek (“lively, healthy”), dialectal Swedish sprygg (“brisk, very active, skittish”). More at spark. Related to sprack, sprig, sprug, freckle."

I approve. :D I once managed to work versipellous into a computer magazine article I wrote (and the editors left it in!).
Thanks Ted, in fact, when I posted this I said to DH: ”I think the Californian guy I use to mention will comment on this” :rolleyes:
And now you got me looking up "versipellous" :D

Grateful for the “look up” option.

Adventurous drive from the hairdresser

I had an appointment with the hairdresser. Not the best timing to take the car in this weather but everything turned out well. In the end, that is…. On our way home a meeting car glitched off the road.We had to stop and Wåge helped the poor driver. It took some time.

This is what it looks like on the road

edits in Snapseed and PicTapGo

PicTapGo-2023-11-28-183343.jpeg

edits in Snapseed

IMG_4260.jpeg

Adventurous drive from the hairdresser

I had an appointment with the hairdresser. Not the best timing to take the car in this weather but everything turned out well. In the end, that is…. On our way home a meeting car glitched off the road.We had to stop and Wåge helped the poor driver. It took some time.

This is what it looks like on the road

edits in Snapseed and PicTapGo

View attachment 198163

edits in Snapseed

View attachment 198164
I hate driving in a snow event when its dark.

Indoor weather

I had an appointment with the podiatrist this morning so we couldn’t get out for our walk until later than usual. Absolute nightmare weather. It was the shortest walk this year and it felt like heaven coming home.

edits in Snapseed and Snow Daze (JixiPIx)

SnowDaze139922794.jpeg

Good old Hipsta: Akira-Belém

HMOriginal-1E34F6B1-6F6E-447D-9CFD-EC4D015BB62C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom