ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Good luck to you northerners. Here's what My Aurora tells me:

IMG_0827.jpeg

Just got this message from the Aurora app. What is says is basically: It’s going to be a wild night!

View attachment 201467
Unfortunately and unexpectedly: no aurora tonight. Maybe a bit of purple in the sky, but hot at all as yesterday

IMG_6754.jpeg

been playing around while waiting. I'll go out to check once more. Then off to bed

IMG_8747.jpeg

Last edited:
Here in Portugal there were many place where it was possible to see it, mainly in the north. I went out last night but unfortunately wasn't able to see.

Color explosion :inlove::cool::clapping:

I’ve somehow managed to get sick with fever today. Sitting inside with wool socks and extra warm slippers. But every now and then I sneak out to enjoy the flower power in our garden. Everything is starting to bloom. We’ve never experienced something like it.

Backlit petunia

IMG_8776.jpeg

Plum blossoms

IMG_8777.jpeg

Creeping navelwort

IMG_8778.jpeg

Color explosion :inlove::cool::clapping:

I’ve somehow managed to get sick with fever today. Sitting inside with wool socks and extra warm slippers. But every now and then I sneak out to enjoy the flower power in our garden. Everything is starting to bloom. We’ve never experienced something like it.

Backlit petunia

View attachment 201504

Plum blossoms

View attachment 201505

Creeping navelwort

View attachment 201506
The back lit petunia with the shadow!!! :hearteyes: Do feel better soon……

Day 2 with the monstrous iPad Pro

OK, as always things haven’t passed smoothly. I’ve had big trouble with the special Swedish security app for logging in to banks and healthcare and other important things. I spent hours trying to get it up working but in the end we had to go to Uppsala and visit the bank. They fixed it in less than five minutes.…..

Bank office in the background. I’m glad I have my loyal chauffeur - Hipsta Akira Bélèm

IMG_8818.jpeg

The magic cloth. This is just weird. I chose the add-on nano-textured glass for the screen. Looks fantastic. Apple had included a special cleaning cloth in the package. To me it looks like any cloth. But according to the instruction this is the only cloth that should touch your precious display. If you loose it you have to buy a new one only from Apple - >25USD :lmao:

IMG_6988.jpeg

BTW it’s still syncing

Day 2 with the monstrous iPad Pro

OK, as always things haven’t passed smoothly. I’ve had big trouble with the special Swedish security app for logging in to banks and healthcare and other important things. I spent hours trying to get it up working but in the end we had to go to Uppsala and visit the bank. They fixed it in less than five minutes.…..

Bank office in the background. I’m glad I have my loyal chauffeur - Hipsta Akira Bélèm

View attachment 201533

The magic cloth. This is just weird. I chose the add-on nano-textured glass for the screen. Looks fantastic. Apple had included a special cleaning cloth in the package. To me it looks like any cloth. But according to the instruction this is the only cloth that should touch your precious display. If you loose it you have to buy a new one only from Apple - >25USD :lmao:

View attachment 201534

BTW it’s still syncing
How is that sticky notes app so prominent on the screen??? Mine is a little dinky thing, not even on the home page.

Another example of iPhone cam’s Night Mode overdoing things

I have been thinking about my own and other people’s images from the last aurora. I love all the colourful imagaes, but in a way perhaps they were “overcoloured”. Last night I was out in the relative darkness at 11pm to take photos of our myriads of cowslips outside the house. And I didn’t like the result I got with the native cam. I also tried turning off Night Mode but then the photos got super grainy. I then shot a few photos with an app called Reeheld. Quite a difference.

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0040.jpeg

Cowslips everywhere - Reeheld

IMG_0042.jpeg

Another example of iPhone cam’s Night Mode overdoing things

I have been thinking about my own and other people’s images from the last aurora. I love all the colourful imagaes, but in a way perhaps they were “overcoloured”. Last night I was out in the relative darkness at 11pm to take photos of our myriads of cowslips outside the house. And I didn’t like the result I got with the native cam. I also tried turning off Night Mode but then the photos got super grainy. I then shot a few photos with an app called Reeheld. Quite a difference.

View attachment 201552

View attachment 201551

Cowslips everywhere - Reeheld

View attachment 201553
That's an interesting comparison, especially in the first one. There, I think I'd like the sky from Reeheld but the ground from Night Mode.

That's an interesting comparison, especially in the first one. There, I think I'd like the sky from Reeheld but the ground from Night Mode.
I was just out doing more experiments. But the mosquitos drove me back inside. I hate them.
Not such a big difference between these two

Reeheld

IMG_7072.jpeg

native cam

IMG_7071.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom