ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Big vs small - but who’s what :thinking::D

Shot from the kitchen window just for fun. The pheasant looks smaller than the bluetit

IMG_9950.jpeg

The tires they are a-changin’ :lmao::thumbs:

From ice cold winter weather we all of a sudden got "presummer weather". Weird, but at least it's more enjoyable. We've had dubbed tires on until now, but when we got up this morning we realised it was time to change to "summer tires". We took a short drive afterwards to ensure the wheels weren't unstable. I can promise you that we saw at least 10 persons busy changing tires :D

View attachment 191671

View attachment 191672
That reminds me……

Today’s highlight moment

We escaped from the nippy pissväder (;)) to a much cozier place:inlove:
Nothing can beat raspberries and whipped cream in the company of Linus.

Edits in Lightroom

View attachment 191699

View attachment 191700
I have become quite fond of raspberries stuffed with chocolate chips lately. Easier than chocolate covered strawberries. I’m very glad that raspberries are available year round these days. Pricey but oh, so delicious. I’d be all about the whipped cream, but too much sugar.

I have become quite fond of raspberries stuffed with chocolate chips lately. Easier than chocolate covered strawberries. I’m very glad that raspberries are available year round these days. Pricey but oh, so delicious. I’d be all about the whipped cream, but too much sugar.
We also have the luxury of having shrubs with wild raspberries in the surroundings. My hubby collects all he can during the season. We stuff them into the freezer. I think last year's harvest is almost eaten now, so we’ll have to buy them until late summer. Wild raspberries taste better than cultivated by the way.
About the whipped cream. Now you get me curious. Are there any additives in the whipped cream sold over there? We buy fresh cream wtith 40% of fat and 3g of sugar/carbs per 100gram. So two big tablespoons wouldn’t contain more than 1 gram of sugar. As you know I’m a fanatic keto person. A typical day I get 5-10 gr of carbs/sugar, cream included :coffee:

We also have the luxury of having shrubs with wild raspberries in the surroundings. My hubby collects all he can during the season. We stuff them into the freezer. I think last year's harvest is almost eaten now, so we’ll have to buy them until late summer. Wild raspberries taste better than cultivated by the way.
About the whipped cream. Now you get me curious. Are there any additives in the whipped cream sold over there? We buy fresh cream wtith 40% of fat and 3g of sugar/carbs per 100gram. So two big tablespoons wouldn’t contain more than 1 gram of sugar. As you know I’m a fanatic keto person. A typical day I get 5-10 gr of carbs/sugar, cream included :coffee:
Back in my Atkins days, I just used heavy cream, I didn’t whip it at all, just poured a little over the berries. In our fridge now is a can of Rediwhip which I wouldn’t eat on a dare. Mike, likes it occasionally on pie, if I make one or someone gives us one. That can is probably still there from last year. :fearscream: I am not diabetic but have been close enough to watch my sugar and carbs like a hawk. I figure a couple of chocolate chips (semi sweet) won’t hurt. I have had wild blueberries, never raspberries. Also wild strawberries. My grandmother used to pick them. She also used to pick mushrooms. I regret not paying more attention to that….I was always off chasing butterflies or teasing the cows. The most plentiful wild berries we have are black berries. Last years crop was awful…..too dry. My biggest indulgence is nuts roasted (or smoked) with maple syrup. I eat a handful nearly everyday.

Back in my Atkins days, I just used heavy cream, I didn’t whip it at all, just poured a little over the berries. In our fridge now is a can of Rediwhip which I wouldn’t eat on a dare. Mike, likes it occasionally on pie, if I make one or someone gives us one. That can is probably still there from last year. :fearscream: I am not diabetic but have been close enough to watch my sugar and carbs like a hawk. I figure a couple of chocolate chips (semi sweet) won’t hurt. I have had wild blueberries, never raspberries. Also wild strawberries. My grandmother used to pick them. She also used to pick mushrooms. I regret not paying more attention to that….I was always off chasing butterflies or teasing the cows. The most plentiful wild berries we have are black berries. Last years crop was awful…..too dry. My biggest indulgence is nuts roasted (or smoked) with maple syrup. I eat a handful nearly everyday.
I love nuts. Unfortunately since I had my stoma surgery I can’t eat them. Too risky. Perhaps I should try - after all, the raspberries are also containing hard particles. I try to spit them out. And take some extra cream ;) I hope for a good berry season this year. Fresh wild strawberries - I want summer NOW :)

Wood anemones just outside our house

Everything happens so quickly this year. Normally the wood anemone/vitsippa is a couple of weeks later than the liverwort/blåsippa. But these popped up today. They usually turn up in the middle of April. It was the blåsippa that was late.

edits in LR

IMG_0020.jpeg

edits in LR and iColorama

IMG_8110.jpeg

Unplanned but great

A miscommunication between us and the staff at Linus’ place made it necessary to go and grab him for the next 24 hours. Linus got super happy :) Tomorrow we're attending a concert with Balkan style music that Linus loves so much

in the backseat :inlove: edits LR

P.S. Fun detail. My hand holding my iPhone is reflected in the right eyeglass :cool:

IMG_0025_jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
My partner driving a Partner :)

New day, new projects

Taking a break from the bird house construction. The old garden tractor Stiga Partner started this year too :thumbs: Today it was used for moving out the heavy garden furniture from their hibernation place.

Edits in LR

IMG_0086.jpeg

I wish my legs were better :confused:

So many things in the roadsides that I want to capture with close-up photos. Unfortunately I can’t keep my balance walking on uneven terrain. Today I passed the first blooming mezereum for this year with a beautiful butterfly on it.

Desperate fairytalish edit in LR and Snapseed

IMG_8192.jpeg

original

IMG_0080.jpeg

My partner driving a Partner :)

New day, new projects

Taking a break from the bird house construction. The old garden tractor Stiga Partner started this year too :thumbs: Today it was used for moving out the heavy garden furniture from their hibernation place.

Edits in LR

View attachment 191803
That sounds like a true sign of spring!

Hard working senior needed a rest

My hubby has been busy also today with the preparations for the outdoor season. The heavy chairs and table are in place! Wåge got so exhausted he fell asleep in the afternoon sun :):inlove:

Shot and edited with Lightroom mobile

APC_0050.jpeg

shot with native cam, edits in LR and Snapseed

IMG_8206.png

Today’s hubby project :thumbs:

Spent the afternoon setting up our "outdoor living room". We sat there for a while and happened to read the weather forecast: nasty weather coming in on Sunday - it may even snow :eek::( They say it can last for several days.

Shot with native cam and edited with Lightroom and Retouch and Snapseed

IMG_0134_jpg.jpeg

IMG_0136_jpg.jpeg

Today’s hubby project :thumbs:

Spent the afternoon setting up our "outdoor living room". We sat there for a while and happened to read the weather forecast: nasty weather coming in on Sunday - it may even snow :eek::( They say it can last for several days.

Shot with native cam and edited with Lightroom and Retouch and Snapseed

View attachment 191859

View attachment 191860
yes, seems like weather roller coaster here, too……

Yay, first salamander spotted

My husband was cleaning the surface of our pond and happened to capture a salamander in his net :) It was almost impossible to get a decent photo. I've tried to edit but I'm not happy with the result. I still want to post it here as salamanders are so cute

I've used both LR and Snapseed

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_8259.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom