ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Playing with Lightroom, Photoshop Camera and Snapseed

0FF98311-DF21-4916-9D54-CB8AF0C80B22.jpeg

photos involved
1605305728403.jpeg

Magic

Our noisy neighbours have a lot of “scare-away-the-thiefs-lights” that are triggered by movement. I really don’t know why they didn’t set them up better, but fact is that they go off even if a tiny cat passes by. And they have a LOT of cats. I really don’t think the buglers bother much, I think all those lights mean there’s a lot to steal. My DH and I don’t like the lights at all of course as we love to admire the night sky

Anyhow a moment ago I liked it for a short while. I was out for a smoke when suddenly the lamp closest to us were lit triggered by a black cat. I only had time for one shot and I didn’t have both my phones with me, but I’m quite sure I couldn’t have got this cool result with my iPhone 11.

iPhone 12 Pro Max. Normal lens (1x). Automatic Night mode (3s). No edit
The cat is not visible - that would have been just amazing

A3FD8C83-A18B-4C60-AFB8-25F47C4E5E49.jpeg

Fabulous photos, Eva. A tiny bit jealous but I’m gonna wait for the 13 though as my 11 isn’t far off. The lowlight was much better even for the 11.

Edit: however, if the 13 ends up without ports as is rumoured I’m not a fan. Already having trouble with my new iPad Pro after 2 months where the port doesn’t work for my headphones unless I charge it again. SO irritating. The Apple store is not close and with COVID a pain. :mad: I expect perfection for the price!

Last edited:
Fabulous photos, Eva. A tiny bit jealous but I’m gonna wait for the 13 though as my 11 isn’t far off. The lowlight was much better even for the 11.

Edit: however, if the 13 ends up without ports as is rumoured I’m not a fan. Already having trouble with my new iPad Pro after 2 months where the port doesn’t work for my headphones unless I charge it again. SO irritating. The Apple store is not close and with COVID a pain. :mad: I expect perfection for the price!
I totally agree with you. AND I think Apple has become more sloppy recently. Me neither want a portless phone so I hope my 12 will last for a long time. We can just hope they will change their mind about skipping the port.
As for Apple store we have one about 100 km from here which is not too far in a Swedish perspective. In the old days, BC Before Covid, we sometimes took a Sunday trip to the shopping mall where the AS is located. Not necessarily buying anything, just visiting the store for fun. Great staff there who even started to remember us so we always got a warm welcome. Especially when we had Linus with us.
Now we can’t go there of course. So frustrating. I’m considering buying an iMac and really would like to buy it in the store, discussing the details with the staff, as it would be my first Mac computer. I called some sort of sales support unit some weeks ago, but to my great surprise and disappointment the person I talked to knew even less than me.... And I don’t know much, I can assure you :whistle:

I’m considering buying an iMac and really would like to buy it in the store, discussing the details with the staff, as it would be my first Mac computer.
I think this would be a good time to wait a bit before buying. Apple just introduced some new models using their own processors, and while these seem to be much faster and much less power hungry than the previous Intel chips, it's always good to let the new stuff settle a bit while the early adopters uncover whatever kinks and quirks there are. Apple hasn't yet released an iMac with the new chips (which they call Apple Silicon), so I expect that will come in the new year.

I think this would be a good time to wait a bit before buying. Apple just introduced some new models using their own processors, and while these seem to be much faster and much less power hungry than the previous Intel chips, it's always good to let the new stuff settle a bit while the early adopters uncover whatever kinks and quirks there are. Apple hasn't yet released an iMac with the new chips (which they call Apple Silicon), so I expect that will come in the new year.
Thanks Ted :) I watched the November event and I also started to think about waiting. Question is for how long. They released new iMacs a few months ago and one can wonder why they did that if they have plans on releasing iMacs with the M1 within a year. I wish I could be a tiny bug and spy on them to discover their secret plans:rolleyes:

Thanks Ted :) I watched the November event and I also started to think about waiting. Question is for how long. They released new iMacs a few months ago and one can wonder why they did that if they have plans on releasing iMacs with the M1 within a year. I wish I could be a tiny bug and spy on them to discover their secret plans:rolleyes:
Oh, I think rumors about the M1 iMac will start pretty soon. :D There's already one here predicting a 24-inch model for first quarter 2021:

I've been considering the Mac Mini myself since I already have a big monitor.

Oh, I think rumors about the M1 iMac will start pretty soon. :D There's already one here predicting a 24-inch model for first quarter 2021:

I've been considering the Mac Mini myself since I already have a big monitor.
Oh, I would like to go into hibernation immediately :alien: Brain overload - I think I‘m equipped with an oldfashioned processor:)

Magic

Our noisy neighbours have a lot of “scare-away-the-thiefs-lights” that are triggered by movement. I really don’t know why they didn’t set them up better, but fact is that they go off even if a tiny cat passes by. And they have a LOT of cats. I really don’t think the buglers bother much, I think all those lights mean there’s a lot to steal. My DH and I don’t like the lights at all of course as we love to admire the night sky

Anyhow a moment ago I liked it for a short while. I was out for a smoke when suddenly the lamp closest to us were lit triggered by a black cat. I only had time for one shot and I didn’t have both my phones with me, but I’m quite sure I couldn’t have got this cool result with my iPhone 11.

iPhone 12 Pro Max. Normal lens (1x). Automatic Night mode (3s). No edit
The cat is not visible - that would have been just amazing

View attachment 162004
That blue really “pops” looks spooky

Back
Top Bottom