ubbyisis' playground and gallery

More testing - bad result :alien: And growl about bugs and Album mess

Just tested to capture the moon but to my disappointment they turned out crappy. I shot with the tele. I didn’t have patience for testing more as it’s cold and I didn’t wear outdoor clothes

I’ve also have had problems with my Max Pro that suddenly started telling me that my newly captured videos couldn’t be shown because they were “not imported correctly”. Although I just shot them with that same phone. I beginning to think everything is not so perfect....

Another thing: did any one else experience that the albums in the Photo Library has change order. I noticed this NOT the same day as they released iOS 14.2 but some days after. Before my albums were structured in a acceptable way according to some logic I at least could understand how it worked. Now they are in complete disorder and it’s almost impossible to quickly find the album I look for.
This makes me angry. I use albums a lot, for example for photos I’m gonna post to separate them from the other versions of the photo or similar photos from the same photo session. Now I have to tag them as Favs and then remember to untag them. Why oh why can’t they keep their fingers away from messing with things that worked fine before.

FB4FE617-88FC-4592-BFE5-9C3679A1FC7E.jpeg

Just tested to capture the moon but to my disappointment they turned out crappy. I shot with the tele. I didn’t have patience for testing more as it’s cold and I didn’t wear outdoor clothes

I’ve also have had problems with my Max Pro that suddenly started telling me that my newly captured videos couldn’t be shown because they were “not imported correctly”. Although I just shot them with that same phone. I beginning to think everything is not so perfect....

Another thing: did any one else experience that the albums in the Photo Library has change order. I noticed this NOT the same day as they released iOS 14.2 but some days after. Before my albums were structured in a acceptable way according to some logic I at least could understand how it worked. Now they are in complete disorder and it’s almost impossible to quickly find the album I look for.
This makes me angry. I use albums a lot, for example for photos I’m gonna post to separate them from the other versions of the photo or similar photos from the same photo session. Now I have to tag them as Favs and then remember to untag them. Why oh why can’t they keep their fingers away from messing with things that worked fine before.

View attachment 162148
Oh dear! Is your last back up from the old phone still intact? Maybe you could restore from that?

Oh dear! Is your last back up from the old phone still intact? Maybe you could restore from that?
Perhaps. It’s just that I’ve changed a lot on my new Phone which I don’t want to redo. You can’t imagine how much I can install uninstall changing and adding in just 7 days :lmao:If only I get find a logic in the mess I’m sure I can learn.

It’s really frustrating that Apple never gives us a way for organizing our pictures better inside the Photo Library. I don’t get why. They would be able to get even more profit from selling extra storage space on iCloud :cool: I used to transfer my photos to an external harddisk every month renaming and organizing and cleaning up. But over a year ago I just gave up. I’m too much of a perfectionist so it took me several hours for doing that simple thing.

Perhaps. It’s just that I’ve changed a lot on my new Phone which I don’t want to redo. You can’t imagine how much I can install uninstall changing and adding in just 7 days :lmao:If only I get find a logic in the mess I’m sure I can learn.

It’s really frustrating that Apple never gives us a way for organizing our pictures better inside the Photo Library. I don’t get why. They would be able to get even more profit from selling extra storage space on iCloud :cool: I used to transfer my photos to an external harddisk every month renaming and organizing and cleaning up. But over a year ago I just gave up. I’m too much of a perfectionist so it took me several hours for doing that simple thing.
I’m not really a perfectionist but I like to find what I’m looking for. I recently watched a tutorial that addressed photo organization. It was added as bonus material to a class I paid for, or I would give you the link. I wasn’t aware that Photos had folders as well as albums. It took several days but I trimmed 3000 images out of my photo stream, added folders (Finished work, Collage Catalog, Photos, Friends and Family, Fodder (odd images I may use one day) Projects....) then added more folders inside of the folders and finally albums specific to the folder. For example in my folder Collage Catolog, I have another folder named “words and lettering”, in that folder I have several albums like “printed”, ”signs” and so on.

I hope this all makes sense. But to me it’s much more organized and I sure would hate to lose it upgrading to a new phone......

I’m not really a perfectionist but I like to find what I’m looking for. I recently watched a tutorial that addressed photo organization. It was added as bonus material to a class I paid for, or I would give you the link. I wasn’t aware that Photos had folders as well as albums. It took several days but I trimmed 3000 images out of my photo stream, added folders (Finished work, Collage Catalog, Photos, Friends and Family, Fodder (odd images I may use one day) Projects....) then added more folders inside of the folders and finally albums specific to the folder. For example in my folder Collage Catolog, I have another folder named “words and lettering”, in that folder I have several albums like “printed”, ”signs” and so on.

I hope this all makes sense. But to me it’s much more organized and I sure would hate to lose it upgrading to a new phone......
That makes perfectly sense - I’m starstruck :eek: :) I‘m just wondering why Apple hide features. Never heard of this

EDIT: Wow, this is getting more and more weird. I got curious and I found that folder feature and added a test folder and a test album within that folder. Thanks a lot for this tip :)
And I also found a way to reorder my Albums - not alphabetically or chronologically but I could drag them up and down in the left panel - see screenshot below. BUT that was on my iPad. On the phone the Photos app doesn’t have that panel as far as I can see.
So now I have the albums sorted a bit better on my iPad but that sort order is not reflected on my iPhone... I’m losing my mind very soon :eek:

A8B8A428-0744-47B1-B4F8-03FC2BEF0C0D.png

Last edited:

View attachment 162148
I haven’t noticed, tbh :lmao: But I only downloaded the Ned iOS today (I know...), so might have something to tell you soon (hopefully not!)

That makes perfectly sense - I’m starstruck :eek: :) I‘m just wondering why Apple hide features. Never heard of this

EDIT: Wow, this is getting more and more weird. I got curious and I found that folder feature and added a test folder and a test album within that folder. Thanks a lot for this tip :)
And I also found a way to reorder my Albums - not alphabetically or chronologically but I could drag them up and down in the left panel - see screenshot below. BUT that was on my iPad. On the phone the Photos app doesn’t have that panel as far as I can see.
So now I have the albums sorted a bit better on my iPad but that sort order is not reflected on my iPhone... I’m losing my mind very soon :eek:

View attachment 162151
I don’t see that menu on the iphone either. There is an extended menu on the bottom for videos and what not. I’ve done all my organizing on the ipad. And despite my bragging that I’ve organized my folders and albums, I still have 1000 or so images not in either. I have a handy app that finds any image not in an album and allows you to add them to one, but I can’t remember the name and it’s in one of the categories that IOS 12 put everything in. I can’t find it... :(

I don’t see that menu on the iphone either. There is an extended menu on the bottom for videos and what not. I’ve done all my organizing on the ipad. And despite my bragging that I’ve organized my folders and albums, I still have 1000 or so images not in either. I have a handy app that finds any image not in an album and allows you to add them to one, but I can’t remember the name and it’s in one of the categories that IOS 12 put everything in. I can’t find it... :(
Thanks. It wasn’t entirely a good thing to create separate OSs for iPad vs iPhone. I’ll just have to live with this until they create some new and perhaps even messier. I appreciate your support in this horror :thumbs: ;)

I have a handy app that finds any image not in an album and allows you to add them to one, but I can’t remember the name and it’s in one of the categories that IOS 12 put everything in.
Try going into the Purchased section of the App Store app and searching on "album." You'll get a bunch of hits, probably, but it should be in there somewhere.

I think I already found it - it was already on my iPad :whistle: but unused it seems :lmao:. It’s called Slidebox
I might have found a better album/folders/photo manager - BestPhotos - Library Manager by E.Welander LLC
Works in iPad landscape mode - Slidebox doesn’t
Pro features - single one-time payment SEK99 - about USD10 I guess - Slidebox is on subscription

I will test it some day soon

I might have found a better album/folders/photo manager - BestPhotos - Library Manager by E.Welander LLC
Works in iPad landscape mode - Slidebox doesn’t
Pro features - single one-time payment SEK99 - about USD10 I guess - Slidebox is on subscription

I will test it some day soon

Slidebox is subscription? Off to check out BestPhotos....

Slidebox is subscription? Off to check out BestPhotos....
Did a quick test yesterday. Seems much better. And it can handle both folders and albums. And landscape mode on the iPad is really a huge plus. Funny detail: the developer, who seems to live in Chicago, has a Swedish name. Not that I’m much of a nationalist, my I admit it added to my positive impression :rolleyes:

Christmas decorations day at Linus’ place

My DH spent yesterday with Linus and they decorated his apartment with tons of shiny colourful christmas decoration. Photos taken by DH with the iPhone 11, which he “inheritated” when I got the 12 Pro Max :whistle:

B7FB23C8-C8CD-4F56-A856-3225FBCD6CA3.jpeg
3801ACF0-B9F6-49D8-AD1A-88381D9031E5.jpeg

a simple film clip to share the happy feeling :inlove:

Christmas decorations day at Linus’ place

My DH spent yesterday with Linus and they decorated his apartment with tons of shiny colourful christmas decoration. Photos taken by DH with the iPhone 11, which he “inheritated” when I got the 12 Pro Max :whistle:

View attachment 162198View attachment 162199

a simple film clip to share the happy feeling :inlove:

I love, love, love that train!!!!!

Did a quick test yesterday. Seems much better. And it can handle both folders and albums. And landscape mode on the iPad is really a huge plus. Funny detail: the developer, who seems to live in Chicago, has a Swedish name. Not that I’m much of a nationalist, my I admit it added to my positive impression :rolleyes:
Have you tried Mylio? I have downloaded it but not used it yet but it looks very powerful.

I hate the new Photos layout because I like the album view the best and I can’t move that up the sidebar. Now it takes two moves to get where I want.

Last edited:
It’s still not a proper folder system. The image still remains in the camera roll. Until I can physically move the images to a proper folder I will find Photos inadequate.

Have you tried Mylio? I have downloaded it but not used it yet but it looks very powerful.

I hate the new Photos layout because I like the album view the best and I can’t move that up the sidebar. Now it takes two moves to get where I want.
Thanks Ann! Just downloaded Mylio and will test in after sunset (must take advantage of the few hours of sunlight :) ) Sounds great from the description in App Store. And I can’t see it costs anything... Let’s hope it’s not cluttered with ads :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom