ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Moon

Native cam auto night mode - ugly pic. No, I’m still not buying the iPhone 13 Pro Max (speaking loud to myself :whistle:) . I’ll stick to post processings with my favourite apps. In this case PTG for darkening and colour fixes. Lightroom for noise reduction. Retouch for removing some of the annoying stuff

7AFBEF85-F3D9-474B-9AF9-3A5BE7210A9F.jpeg

original:

6B30CDAC-BEDA-4886-8651-9B37FDB4DA0B.jpeg

I tried not to focus on the specs for the 13, and tried to move it to Tim’s shoes instead. Didn’t work completely. But I bought the 12 Pro Max less than a year ago so it would be almost a sin to buy a new one already :whistle: I’ll have to wait at least until the 14 comes out
I didn't watch the event, just looked at a few reports and checked the specs. I think if you can resist through the first flush, you'll be OK :D Your 12 Pro Max is pretty close to the 13 Pro line. For me and my XS though, the 13 Pro looks pretty tempting: longer tele lens, night mode, sensor shift stabilization, ProRaw, and a few other things.

I did wonder why they added that macro thing to the Ultrawide instead of one of the other lenses but maybe it's because the Ultrawide has greater depth of field?

I didn't watch the event, just looked at a few reports and checked the specs. I think if you can resist through the first flush, you'll be OK :D Your 12 Pro Max is pretty close to the 13 Pro line. For me and my XS though, the 13 Pro looks pretty tempting: longer tele lens, night mode, sensor shift stabilization, ProRaw, and a few other things.

I did wonder why they added that macro thing to the Ultrawide instead of one of the other lenses but maybe it's because the Ultrawide has greater depth of field?
The macro thing puzzles me too. I like capturing macros but the Moment lenses doesn’t work good with my 12 so I would be happy to get this new function. Now I tell myself that as this is a new feature for iPhones, perhaps it won’t be perfect. That means I “must” wait until autumn 2022 :rolleyes:
It will be interesting to see your photos if you decide to buy 13 Pro

I also read that Apple won’t be selling the 12 Pros anymore. Perhaps that means my phone is becoming a rarity and I can sell it to a high price :lmao:

The macro thing puzzles me too. I like capturing macros but the Moment lenses doesn’t work good with my 12 so I would be happy to get this new function. Now I tell myself that as this is a new feature for iPhones, perhaps it won’t be perfect. That means I “must” wait until autumn 2022 :rolleyes:
It will be interesting to see your photos if you decide to buy 13 Pro

I also read that Apple won’t be selling the 12 Pros anymore. Perhaps that means my phone is becoming a rarity and I can sell it to a high price :lmao:
I'll wait for the Halide folks to dig into it and write it up in their blog. They've done detailed posts on the previous couple of releases.

I can’t believe that the iPhone 13 has been released and there’s barely a ripple on Mobitog. Not even a dedicated thread. How life has changed.

You really are in line for a new phone, Ted. I, like you, will wait for Halide and other experts to give their reviews. I miss not having RAW as part of the native camera app on the 11 but unless the 13 has rave reviews and extra special improvements, I will wait another year.

I can’t believe that the iPhone 13 has been released and there’s barely a ripple on Mobitog. Not even a dedicated thread. How life has changed.

You really are in line for a new phone, Ted. I, like you, will wait for Halide and other experts to give their reviews. I miss not having RAW as part of the native camera app on the 11 but unless the 13 has rave reviews and extra special improvements, I will wait another year.
I didn’t watch the unveiling and haven’t read any review…. Mike decided to crawl out from under his rock and give up his flip phone. He has purchased a IPhone SE based on a review of the app Merlin from a fellow birdwatcher. I will be quite busy with Mike and his new toy for a while. o_O

Makes me wonder what kind of grass Noisy Neighbours are growing :D
Linus and I was watching today’s photos and video clips and we both started laughing at a certain short moment in one of the videos. Just a sec or so. I extracted a frame with Video2Photo and edited it in Lightroom Mobile. Took away some irritating things with Retouch and finally made a touchup with Focos app. I really love the resulting pic :)
What I’ve learnt from this is that there can be hidden gems in the video clips so it can be worth checking them up in detail.

501615E5-C59F-4979-8945-DAE6B3A446A3.jpeg

the extracted frame before the edits:

E7687400-AADE-447C-B7B5-038E83CB3F4B.png

I didn’t watch the unveiling and haven’t read any review…. Mike decided to crawl out from under his rock and give up his flip phone. He has purchased a IPhone SE based on a review of the app Merlin from a fellow birdwatcher. I will be quite busy with Mike and his new toy for a while. o_O
Yes, I can recommend that app.

Linus and I was watching today’s photos and video clips and we both started laughing at a certain short moment in one of the videos. Just a sec or so. I extracted a frame with Video2Photo and edited it in Lightroom Mobile. Took away some irritating things with Retouch and finally made a touchup with Focos app. I really love the resulting pic :)
What I’ve learnt from this is that there can be hidden gems in the video clips so it can be worth checking them up in detail.

View attachment 171443

View attachment 171446
I'm a massive fan of extracting video stills. The quality these days, if you have set the video at highest res on your iPhone is superlative. That's how I get some of my best bird images. So much easier taking video and getting a great still. Yes, and I use Video2Photo too.

View attachment 171443

View attachment 171446
Baaa right back at ya!

View attachment 171443

View attachment 171446
Looks like he’s saying Blahhhh instead of Baaaaa. :lmao:

Clouds coming in from the west or Dream world

I’m still hoping to spend some time admiring the full moon later tonight. But a bank of clouds is coming in from the west….
Photo shot towards the sun 40 minutes before it set.

I was in the mood for a dreamy edit. Shot with native cam with reduced exposure. Edited in PhotoshopCamera and PTG

D012B806-A702-4C9B-AE47-ED8D234B637C.jpeg

original:

4849F90A-39E2-4351-B539-8C9D6C7CC6B6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom