ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Jack Frost lens - Hipsta Christmas gift

My guys had to go shopping because of a logistic mistake from our part. We had forgotten we’ll have my Mum and brother here for dinner on Tuesday - off they went for turkey hunting

View attachment 174539
“We’re going on a turkey hunt. We’re going to catch a big one!”.:lol:

Home alone :cool: experimental

Shot inside towards a window in our living room. The reflected fireplace is not real - it’s on TouTube with nice sound and everything. I don’t want to use the real fireplace when I’m home alone. Or more true - I never succeed in making a good fire :rolleyes:

iColorama

View attachment 174480
We cannot light the fireplaces here in Newcastle (or possibly all over Australia, but of that I’m not certain). And definitely wouldn’t do that for Christmas, just looking at it on YouTube would dehydrate me :lol:

Medical journal continued from Day 361 in my 365

Looking forward to some zucchini lasagna :inlove:

6FC3D2E1-5D1A-4E65-BDE6-D3FF14FCDC37.jpeg

Hipstamatic X and Picsart

ACF54F2B-D4A5-401F-9EB4-943C0EDDAF05.jpeg

Snapseed and a bit edited in Instagram

Enjoyed the food and crashed on the couch after the last bite

C3D59CAF-92B0-4868-8B58-17525EC680AA.jpeg

Pixelmator Photo and PTG

Last edited:
Things are getting worse….

Linus is much better today, but now my DH has got the stomach flu or whatever it is :( I guess my time will come very soon. This is a tiny disaster as Linus needs help with most things. Nothing we can do about the situation except hoping it will pass quickly

Two unedited photos of Linus

Worried :(

542DC9DC-65F5-48D6-B5B1-2A57D7D4A0F1.jpeg

I tried to cheer him up with jokes and funny faces. Worked fine

C1FE0C89-7B4D-4277-BCFA-4B9B0610EF3A.jpeg

Turkey time :) in fact - double turkey :lmao:

Linus and I finally had some bites of the famous turkey we should have had for dinner the 27th. And just look at the TV screen - as soon as I said it was turkey time he started swiping the remote and quickly found what he was looking for. He amazes me quite often :cool::thumbs:

0C7D456E-A259-4EA5-8DE1-99A2A77BFFE8.jpeg

Turkey time :) in fact - double turkey :lmao:

Linus and I finally had some bites of the famous turkey we should have had for dinner the 27th. And just look at the TV screen - as soon as I said it was turkey time he started swiping the remote and quickly found what he was looking for. He amazes me quite often :cool::thumbs:

View attachment 174616
haha - now I see a crazy hat in this pic - perhaps my brain is telling be it’s bedtime :D

Made me look. Yup! I see it too!
That circular thingy is the head decoration my dad got when he got his doctorate in 1966. Made of laurel. My Mom crafted it. I don’t know what happened when female researchers dot the same grade. I doubt their husbands were supposed to make that laurel “crown” :(:thumbs:

my Top Nine

Not sure the algorithm did a good job - for ex I’m not sure why the “man with IKEA box” came no 4

View attachment 174708
Not all the top mine apps work the same. terse mentioned one that worked
my Top Nine

Not sure the algorithm did a good job - for ex I’m not sure why the “man with IKEA box” came no 4

View attachment 174708
I had similar experiences with Top Nine and Best Nine. terse Ted and I talked about it here.
The App that worked is
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1535600312?pt=117847275&ct=app_share

Interesting - just tested the app Starzee mentioned above. Almost the same photos, but the one that was rated highest in the other app is totally missing in this grid. And one photo in the new grid was not in the other one - as it’s from this Christmas it could be that it’s got a lot of likes since I created the first grid.

DB95EFE0-B02C-4125-91F5-A4B1E4F3B163.png

Interesting - just tested the app Starzee mentioned above. Almost the same photos, but the one that was rated highest in the other app is totally missing in this grid. And one photo in the new grid was not in the other one - as it’s from this Christmas it could be that it’s got a lot of likes since I created the first grid.

View attachment 174774
Did you check the grid with your likes as shown on Instagram? I didn’t go back through the whole year, but my grid seemed to be fairly accurate.

Did you check the grid with your likes as shown on Instagram? I didn’t go back through the whole year, but my grid seemed to be fairly accurate.
Not yet. I wanted too but everything got so messed up when we had L here for two weeks. My brain is barely functioning. Yet :whistle: I haven’t been this stressed since I was working and we had the yearly closing of the accounts rally in combination with Linus’ birthday and other “beginning-of-a-new-year-stuff”. But at least my health is returning to the normal which is not so normal but still.
I wish I could get a few days for myself just sleeping and walking

Oh no - now I feel the urge to check the grid. I guess I’ll be sitting here at 4 am checking and checking :eek: :whistle:

Look - he’s not a kid anymore :eek::inlove:

Linus has had another birthday party at his place today without his Mum and Dad :thumbs: The staff helped him to look really stylish. He even got a haircut this morning and they dugged out Linus’ Balkan costume which was tailor-made in Sarajevo especially for him :cool:
I got some photos from the “coiffeur” Tesfie, a man from Eritrea who had his own hair salon back home before he came as a fugitive to Sweden some years ago. He’s one of Linus best friends.
When I saw the photos a saw an almost middleaged man and not my little boy. Probably because the photos were not taken by me I see them with more “neutral” eyes.
I think Tesfie has a Samsung phone - I did some edits in Lightroom and Snapseed.

E91E8EC3-4F04-46AA-8AC3-E25B8A946F57.jpeg

original:
6718D081-5E49-4641-B06D-2B67005201D1.jpeg

706D22E0-4CC4-4A41-9E83-8E2DFF0EC823.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom