ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Wonderful, I assume such a sight can never seem commonplace after living with it for years?
I had never seen any in my whole life before we moved out here in 1989. I remeber the first time we saw one. It was soooo amazing. But as you say, it still feels like that. It is quite unusual that the northern lights are visible in our part of Sweden. But yesterday’s must have been extraordinary as it was visible even in central Stockholm despite the light pollution

Did they start before you went to bed? Or do you pop out of bed to see if any aurora happen to be happening?
The day before yesterday it started at 21 and yesterday at 22 so we were awake. If we know that it might come we susally stay awake until the chance is over because of incoming clouds. I have an app that sends notifications of upcoming “events” based on GPS. Yesterday all the neighbours here were alerted too and we sent text messages to each other. At 21:55 yesterday we had almost given up when I got a text saying “Now!!!” We rushed outside and there it was. Five minutes earlier no sign of it

The day before yesterday it started at 21 and yesterday at 22 so we were awake. If we know that it might come we susally stay awake until the chance is over because of incoming clouds. I have an app that sends notifications of upcoming “events” based on GPS. Yesterday all the neighbours here were alerted too and we sent text messages to each other. At 21:55 yesterday we had almost given up when I got a text saying “Now!!!” We rushed outside and there it was. Five minutes earlier no sign of it
Great. A neighborhood watch system for the lights.

Couldn’t resist :D

Bought one of these today, inspired by jpclicks and earlier also by JillyG I’m going to use it as a photo prop

Native cam. Apple Photos app. - just played around with the Magic Wand

77F1913B-BC1E-4E41-BBF9-B2117CF0F94C.jpeg

My god and I think rainbows are magical, this must be amazing to see. Do they pulse and shimmer, or are they static ?
They pulse or move like vertical waves. We just saw green lights but they can also be red. It’s fantastic. Further up north they get the full show. My husband spent his military service way up in the northern parts of Sweden and got lucky to see the northern lights many times. I envy him.

No northern lights yet

I’ve got indications we can have aurora lights also tonight. But we‘ve ain’t seen nothing yet :cool:
Still pretty cool sky. Moonlit clouds

Native cam, exposure -1, edited in Lightroom

View attachment 175431

native cam, normal exposure, no edit

View attachment 175432
I can’t get over your sky photos! And the lights, oh dear, I wish one day I’ll be able to see with my own eyes!!

Back
Top Bottom