ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Chose the wrong place for hibernation obviously

DH found a dead bumblebee in a pot out in the greenhouse. Probably froze to death this winter. Now it’s resting on the porch and perhaps it’s going to be birds food ;) Speaking of birds - the European pied flycatcher arrived tonight. About 10 days earlier than usual. Strange. You would have thought it would be later this year because of the late spring

C949ECBB-84D4-4572-B3A6-F8AC18AB3F52.jpeg

384862F5-4F8F-440C-A522-EEA1F0C0B4EA.jpeg

BBD3A605-852D-475D-83AB-4D12C8DB5954.jpeg

Edited with PicTapGo on my Phone as iPad is busy with other chores

one of the originals as comparison

884D4C89-5718-4BCF-8BD0-B83EB7A488E8.jpeg

Same town - very different street views

Spent this morning in Uppsala. DH got his 4th shot and I got a new id card

native cam and edits in Lightroom mobile

Horrible building where people go and actually pay a lot of money to play for a while. Far out from the central parts and no buses so people take the car to go there. So typical for our modern lifestyle

A39642E1-666D-48AA-B2FF-505B5A7F4DE0.jpeg

central parts of Uppsala are dominated by the cathedral

E87E6163-0ED5-4ACF-8EA4-7BFB2E683012.jpeg

Coltsfoot

The tussilago / coltsfoot is the first spring flower up here. Some years I’ve seen the first one already in February. But this year they came later, as everything else. On my walk today I checked up on the first one from this year. It was still yellow a few days ago but now it’s transformed into fluffy white hair :) There are still lots of younger tussilagos blooming which is extreme for the month of May

Difficult harsh light today. I chose to have fun with iColorama

9B2B8AD2-8A68-4757-9CDC-DFE5DB925DAA.jpeg

1FB536CC-4803-46D5-941A-CD788B59FDDA.jpeg

Only that it was built last year :alien: :lmao: :eek: And the padel centre is already bankrupt as padel is already out of fashion:lol:
Pickleball has become fashionable here but I think it might stay. Doesn’t have the walls like padel so can be played outdoors. Easier to play I would think and less demanding so has really been taken up by the oldies.

Pickleball has become fashionable here but I think it might stay. Doesn’t have the walls like padel so can be played outdoors. Easier to play I would think and less demanding so has really been taken up by the oldies.
Jeez I must be ancient as I've never even heard of Pickleball (sounds like a savoury buffet) or Padel!

Jeez I must be ancient as I've never even heard of Pickleball (sounds like a savoury buffet) or Padel!
It’s complicated obviously :coffee: I’ve never heard of pickleball and the padel courts here can be both with and without walls. Here padel is most for office men in their 40-50s

So is it Squash?
According to me it looks very much like squash. Perhaps everyone has forgotten about squash and some smart business people have reinvented it and chosen a new name :whistle: But my brother - yes he’s one of those office men - says they are completely different :rolleyes: I’m sure about one thing though. Whenever you enter a store for sports equipment there are big signs saying “big sale - padel rackets - 50%”. It’s been like that for months now. Padel is already outdated

Heart attacks waiting to happen.:lmao:
Well, I just found out that the typical patient coming to the hospital with Achilles tendon rupture is a middleaged male who’s just started with badminton OR PADEL :whistle: In fact, that’s why DH has been working extra lately. One of his collegues messed up his tendon while playing badminton a few weeks ago. He’s still so affected that he can’t do his work as CPR instructor. So they begged my old man to take over for a while

Then we’ll get it soon :whistle: We are very ”americanized” in many ways. No offense, but I can’t say I like it. But it has been like that since after WW2
It doesn’t offend me. I‘m an American and I don’t really care for football. (I mean the American football, which isn’t football, at all, anywhere else in the world.) :rolleyes:

Thanks Kevin :thumbs:, at first I was disappointed that a small part of his face was “cut off”. But then I decided that I liked the imperfection. Adds a bit of charm or a personal touch or I don’t know what :)
I totally agree perfection is greatly overrated, at least that’s what I tell myself when I look in the mirror

Back
Top Bottom