ubbyisis' playground and gallery

Today’s tech support and ”fika” visit

Linus had unpaired his Apple Watch again. Lucky him - it was already decided we should come over for a visit today :inlove:

Oh no, Dad's desperate :eek::)
A4846E8D-4B81-4628-A91D-D2C9146849FA.jpeg

This spoon gesture is a family ritual. You must hold the spoons in front of your eyes and then remove them. Like peek-a-boo :D

A832A0CA-7794-43AE-A92A-6A678DB0E329.jpeg

Storm therapy

Nasty wind from the west tonight and the wind will get even stronger tomorrow. We’ve prepared for possible power outages. I edited some sky photos from today for distraction.

Hard to see but definitely a tiny rainbow. Spotted it from the car when we headed home from Uppsala this afternoon

B6AD87B0-656E-4F54-AAD9-7396B22C5093.jpeg

83% moon

362E9D0D-DFA1-4729-88A0-1AEDE439F520.jpeg

at sunset, northwestwards

E4ADFDC3-1A3B-46A6-A0AC-A26FD9482F7A.jpeg

at sunset, northwards

DB804119-1DB2-47A4-A63C-6EDDFBD7C889.jpeg

half an hour ago, looking west and hoping the trees don't fall. Luckily enough they shouldn't reach our house if they fall. I hope we've calculated correctly :thinking:

609FE8D4-8339-40EF-98E4-6D9893F5E565.jpeg

Storm therapy

Nasty wind from the west tonight and the wind will get even stronger tomorrow. We’ve prepared for possible power outages. I edited some sky photos from today for distraction.

Hard to see but definitely a tiny rainbow. Spotted it from the car when we headed home from Uppsala this afternoon

View attachment 190380

83% moon

View attachment 190383

at sunset, northwestwards

View attachment 190381

at sunset, northwards

View attachment 190384

half an hour ago, looking west and hoping the trees don't fall. Luckily enough they shouldn't reach our house if they fall. I hope we've calculated correctly :thinking:

View attachment 190382
The sky in that third image…… :hearteyes:

Not sure either. The original is contrastier, which works well with the silhouetted branches, but I like the gold tint in the edit.
Thanks Ted, I also edited this with Topaz Photo AI and ON1 and posted them on my Insta. Topaz did a nice job. The orig looked pixellated on my Mac display. But here on my iPad it looks OK.

Thanks Ted, I also edited this with Topaz Photo AI and ON1 and posted them on my Insta. Topaz did a nice job. The orig looked pixellated on my Mac display. But here on my iPad it looks OK.
Topaz has a mobile app? When I was strictly Mac based and used photoshop all the time, I had a slew of very cool Topaz add ons.

Topaz has a mobile app? When I was strictly Mac based and used photoshop all the time, I had a slew of very cool Topaz add ons.
No no, I edited with Topaz on my Mac and posted to Instagram. I couldn’t post them here of course, but if you compare the Instagram post with this post I think you can see that Topaz did a great job with denoising and sharpening and whatever it did

No no, I edited with Topaz on my Mac and posted to Instagram. I couldn’t post them here of course, but if you compare the Instagram post with this post I think you can see that Topaz did a great job with denoising and sharpening and whatever it did
I got all exited for a minute. Not that I need anymore apps…….

Today’s crazy pic - the man without body :rolleyes::D

Took a family selfie and did a quick kind of AI removal of background and a bit of AI portrait retouch. As you can see my hubby's body totally disappeared :eek::) I guess it was considered as a blemish that must be removed:lmao: The guilty app is Picsart - great app by the way

EBFB34AA-F16D-4CD7-9114-940A92B4AA68.jpeg

Multi-day rainstorm here. Woke up at 2am this morning when the power went out. (And why do I wake up when everything goes dark if it's already night???) Fortunately, the power came back on this morning, 36 hours ahead of schedule. :D
Could it be that you wake up because your senses discover that for once there is real silence? I don't think our ventilation system is noisier than others. But there's a huge difference when they turn off the moment a power outage occurs.

Multi-day rainstorm here. Woke up at 2am this morning when the power went out. (And why do I wake up when everything goes dark if it's already night???) Fortunately, the power came back on this morning, 36 hours ahead of schedule. :D
We‘ve had a lot of storms over the years and seen power outages in other areas, but the last time our power went out was 1999. A microburst went through on Labor Day. Power was out for 3 days. We have been very lucky. We have a wood stove we haven’t used for years, but we keep it on the ready, just in case…..

Could it be that you wake up because your senses discover that for once there is real silence? I don't think our ventilation system is noisier than others. But there's a huge difference when they turn off the moment a power outage occurs.
A number of our neighbors have backup generators for power outages, and some of them are set to autostart whenever the power goes out, so it could be that one of those woke me up. Or it might have been a beep from something in our house switching to battery power. Or it could be none of the above and I just happened to wake up then :lmao:

A number of our neighbors have backup generators for power outages, and some of them are set to autostart whenever the power goes out, so it could be that one of those woke me up. Or it might have been a beep from something in our house switching to battery power. Or it could be none of the above and I just happened to wake up then :lmao:
I still think it was ”the sound of silence” that woke you up :D

Back
Top Bottom