rizole

It's not even my banana.
Real Name
rizole
Device
Huawei
Onsite
Project Page
I came to a mini epiphany (minpiphany? Minphany?) this week. Covid has gone from my life and all the routines, habits, thoughts and structural gubbins that went with it are all but gone too. I'm very much of a mind to draw a line under it.

So rizole overexposed, itself a reaction to covid, is closed to further development.

This thread is now open.

Extended the French drainage to the chicken coop, and spruced up the circle with a bunch of stuff just laying around the property. Where does all the stuff come from? There's so much of it!

Spot the mushroom growing in the stump. Couldn't have placed it better myself.
IMG_20230914_181408-01.jpeg

The white one is new. Her name is Rover. She's all leggy and wattley and struts about in a nervous, springy way.
Sometimes lays a double yolker.
“Wattley” :lmao: She does seem to have a little panic in her eye.

Sometimes I can barely remember being at university. It's like some island country that I visited a long time ago.
Geez, Ted, I feel like we‘re going through a similar existential crisis!

Do you feel like you are looking down on a strange altered world and not sure whether you want to dip your toes in it?

The white one is new. Her name is Rover. She's all leggy and wattley and struts about in a nervous, springy way.
Sometimes lays a double yolker.
My close hiking friend has four hens and I never tire of hearing about their relationships and shenanigans. Her explanation of their personalities is hilarious. I think I’d really love having hens although totally out of the question with my lifestyle and abode. My friend is concerned that they might impose another round of restrictions on them due to bird flu.

Geez, Ted, I feel like we‘re going through a similar existential crisis!

Do you feel like you are looking down on a strange altered world and not sure whether you want to dip your toes in it?
:lmao: Yes, though maybe less like a crisis and more like a "What the hell?"

One odd thing: I find that life in retirement is more like life at university than it is like all the stuff that came in between.

:lmao: Yes, though maybe less like a crisis and more like a "What the hell?"

One odd thing: I find that life in retirement is more like life at university than it is like all the stuff that came in between.
Hmmm, you’re probably right. Work was… well work! And chores inbetween work. I probably didn’t have as good a university time as I should have, having gone to a uni in a different language and culture so I definitely prefer the older version!

I probably didn’t have as good a university time as I should have
Who does? I was thinking of the more fluid sense of time as similar at university and in retirement. As for the rest -- taking off the rose-colored glasses -- I remember lots of excitement but also lots of angst, stress, and (it being the late 60s) unsettling chaos.

Who does? I was thinking of the more fluid sense of time as similar at university and in retirement. As for the rest -- taking off the rose-colored glasses -- I remember lots of excitement but also lots of angst, stress, and (it being the late 60s) unsettling chaos.
For me it’s almost the opposite. I remember my university years as a period in my life when I had moved to my own place and when I didn’t have any responsabilities. Except for the studies :rolleyes: I spent a lot of time partying at the university pubs and still managed to do pretty well at the exams. Sometimes when I get mad and stressed about all the bureaucracy and stupid regulations that I meet as a trustee (????) for my son I dream about those careless years:)

So I sing in Take it to the Bridge pop choir. We do, mainly, 80's pop hits, it's a couple of months rehersal and a gig in June. It's my second year doing it. This second year started in 2020 and finished in 2023 because Covid.

I'm also the videographer and editor for the gig. It's my second year of that too. This year I used 8 cameras, 4 of which were mobile phones, to get the footage. Take it to the Bridge is a sideline sort of thing but the Musical Arranger and the Director who have proper jobs. They bring their A game to the process so I'm very keen to do as good a job as I can for the video.

This year I discovered...
  • Good mobiles do significantly better than mid range camcorders for clarity and picture quality
  • Good mobiles do significantly worse than mid range camcorders in low light levels and also zoomed
  • Post correction of video is the same as single image correction
Seems the main difference between photography and videography is a time axis.

Here's Mobile and Camcorder in order for comparison...
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

To me, the mobile (samsung s6) looks to have a better colour reproduction and more picture clarity.

The sound was recorded by Giles and I edited the video around that. I mostly did a straight edit as the music and performance is the gig, not the video, but I tried adding touches here and there.

This is Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles where I gave my creative side a little leaway.

So I sing in Take it to the Bridge pop choir. We do, mainly, 80's pop hits, it's a couple of months rehersal and a gig in June. It's my second year doing it. This second year started in 2020 and finished in 2023 because Covid.

I'm also the videographer and editor for the gig. It's my second year of that too. This year I used 8 cameras, 4 of which were mobile phones, to get the footage. Take it to the Bridge is a sideline sort of thing but the Musical Arranger and the Director who have proper jobs. They bring their A game to the process so I'm very keen to do as good a job as I can for the video.

This year I discovered...
  • Good mobiles do significantly better than mid range camcorders for clarity and picture quality
  • Good mobiles do significantly worse than mid range camcorders in low light levels and also zoomed
  • Post correction of video is the same as single image correction
Seems the main difference between photography and videography is a time axis.

Here's Mobile and Camcorder in order for comparison...
View attachment 196355View attachment 196354

To me, the mobile (samsung s6) looks to have a better colour reproduction and more picture clarity.

The sound was recorded by Giles and I edited the video around that. I mostly did a straight edit as the music and performance is the gig, not the video, but I tried adding touches here and there.

This is Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles where I gave my creative side a little leaway.

Beautiful. Pink shirt? Great video and excellent audio quality.

They're in the same family as cucumber and squash and are edible when smaller.
IMG_20230720_163726.jpg
IMG_20230718_153543-01.jpeg

Harvested. I got 6 good size ones, quite a bit smaller than commercially available loofas but not bad for Yorkshire.
Everything in this picture, apart from the butternut squash and oranges, is home grown and produced. This includes the wood pile and bags of compost in the yard.
IMG_20231022_152257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom