• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Underwater Portrait

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
As I don't get to check my images on a computer, could someone firstly tell me if these images are too dark.
Secondly which colour treatment works better?

image-523451262.png

image-907586839.png

image-2548671011.png

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I suppose it does depend on what kind of effect you were trying to achieve Aaron... :cool:

My personal preference is for the second iMage as it shows on the laptop - which may, in my experience be a different order to that seen on the iDevices (it may be useful to number the iMages to avoid confusion?) - so it is the deeper, golden colour in the right side... :thumbs:

They look to be about right in terms of exposure, with the one I prefer being lighter if anything, and the treatment gives the subject a sort of 'peace in death' style that is really rather chilling, but a stunning pair sir and a brilliant and different way to tackle portraiture, love the style Aaron... ;)

More details on taking and processing if you please and was this done using the OverBoard bag... :D

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Hi Rog, this was taken today in my sons pool using the overboard camera bag. I shot the photo using the timer function in Camera + then used snapseed for processing. Thanks for the input Rog. :)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Aaron Davis said:
As I don't get to check my images on a computer, could someone firstly tell me if these images are too dark.
Secondly which colour treatment works better?

These are GREAT. I'm no help right now because I'm not on a computer, but as far as color I like the first one with the blue/green tones. It feels more deep sea, bottom of the lake to me. Really a great eerie shot no matter which you choose! :D

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
I like the middle one, it has more definition. The first one is deep and mysterious, but a bit too dark and shadowy. The third one is a tad too bright and the image loses a little focus around the face and jawline. The one in the middle has just the right balance between dark and light, draws the eye to see the whole picture, and maintains a sense of mystery and surrealism.

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Veevs said:
I'm with Catherine, like the first one best, feel the colours flow better!
Thanks Veevs, I decided to go with the first one for it's cooler tones on the highlight areas. Colour and lighting always perplexes me.

vixenscry

MobiLifer
Real Name
Victoria Martin
Venomator said:
I suppose it does depend on what kind of effect you were trying to achieve Aaron... :cool:

My personal preference is for the second iMage as it shows on the laptop - which may, in my experience be a different order to that seen on the iDevices (it may be useful to number the iMages to avoid confusion?) - so it is the deeper, golden colour in the right side... :thumbs:

They look to be about right in terms of exposure, with the one I prefer being lighter if anything, and the treatment gives the subject a sort of 'peace in death' style that is really rather chilling, but a stunning pair sir and a brilliant and different way to tackle portraiture, love the style Aaron... ;)

More details on taking and processing if you please and was this done using the OverBoard bag... :D
It's very Botticelli , is my interpretation, 2 does it for me ! I agree with the Ven man to a tee ! Great pic :) a very thought over decision ! It's all in the eye of the beholder Lol !