Untitled (019)

Kegrow

MobiFan
Real Name
Ken Rowe
IMG_6056_8x10_2_untitled 019.jpg

Untitled (019)
iPhone 4s/iPad 4.
Camera+, fractalPhoto, Filterstorm, Handy Photo, Snapseed, iColorama.

I just love this image. Gee, its great when stuff happens and comes together in a very intuitive and magical way. One minutes there is nothing and the next, viola, its there. It could be titled with anything related to Eve and the forbidden fruit. Or the Garden of Eden. I definitely would leave a work like this as "Untitled", and in that way hope that the viewer would bring their own "stuff" to the image instead of my pointing them in any particular direction. And the picture could also be seen as referencing a "yearning" for something forbidden, as it was in my case, when we lived in the foothills of the Australian Alps, a very long way away from the ocean. The text states "for years I lived in the mountains, yearning for the sea" which is a line from a poem by George Seferis, and also references a painting done by one of my teenage students I was teaching at a country Tafe college, some years ago now, where she was exploring her longing to live in Melbourne/the City. We were living way out in country Australia, a long way from anywhere really. For me this work is a wonderful mix of abstract and realist forms, with some really nice poetics happening.

Oh man, I love this!! For me, it's like looking through a glass window into a magical forest... perhaps it's a princess trapped in a castle? Complete with a poison apple to tempt. :inlove:

Oh man, I love this!! For me, it's like looking through a glass window into a magical forest... perhaps it's a princess trapped in a castle? Complete with a poison apple to tempt. :inlove:
Thanks very much Catherine. I am particularly chuffed about this one :)

This is really intriguing! I could get lost trying to see all the little details in it. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom