Untitled (023) What the Shaman Saw

Kegrow

MobiFan
Real Name
Ken Rowe
IMG_6280_1x1_023.JPG

Untitled (023)
iPad 4
fractBG, Glaze, PS Touch, Snapseed, Filterstorm, Handy Photo, Procreate.

I really like this image, and it happened relatively quickly. I suppose that his could be said to be a camera-less image. The base image came from a fractal app called fractBG which I am finding is a wonderful way to generate abstracts in an endless variety of forms and colours. The grey/green in the main forms refers to one of my most favourite colours in my real life painting which is Olive Green. The overall image seemed to have a shamanistic feel to it. I could imagine a shaman somewhere in the distant past perhaps, going into a trance and seeing lots of weird stuff from the past and future. Anyway, abstraction for me is a very magical process. Which relates to the text. I find that I am questioning myself as to why I put that set of womens lips in nearly every abstract I have done. That particular form, for me, resonates with all kinds of meanings. It seems a very poetic symbol. And in this image I just wanted a dash of red to finish of the work. Maybe its me expressing my inner feminine self. ;):):)

I love this image and adding your thought process is very insightful!

I was wondering about the lips! Was going to ask and then...I forgot. :confused: LOL. I wasn't positive they were lips, or just a shape that happened to resemble lips. :) They add a great pop of red, for sure.

I love olive green too... And really like all the white in this.

I also love your hanko...

I was wondering about the lips! Was going to ask and then...I forgot. :confused: LOL. I wasn't positive they were lips, or just a shape that happened to resemble lips. :) They add a great pop of red, for sure.

I love olive green too... And really like all the white in this.

I also love your hanko...
Thanks Catherine. Yes I love my hanko also.:) I had the one above (a name seal) and two others (mood seals) carved by an Chinese artist in Los Angeles. I use them on my paintings also. To get the digital version I used them with Chinese Seal ink on a piece of paper, photographed them individually with my iPhone, and made a brush out of each of them in Procreate. I just so love Procreate. Actually I discovered it from watching yourself and JQ on your column on the App Whisperer. So, again, thank you. :):):)

Thanks Catherine. Yes I love my hanko also.:) I had the one above (a name seal) and two others (mood seals) carved by an Chinese artist in Los Angeles. I use them on my paintings also. To get the digital version I used them with Chinese Seal ink on a piece of paper, photographed them individually with my iPhone, and made a brush out of each of them in Procreate. I just so love Procreate. Actually I discovered it from watching yourself and JQ on your column on the App Whisperer. So, again, thank you. :):):)
:notworthy: :D

Back
Top Bottom