• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Upload Errors

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
Hi folks,

I'm getting errors on files larger than 8mb.
Between around 8 to 10mb I get a security error. Above 10mb I just get a message saying there was a problem uploading my file.

I did wonder if there was something wrong with the files I was trying to upload so I did some testing with pics I've previously uploaded to the site. Everything below 8mb uploaded fine. Everything above returned the errors detailed above even though they've previously uploaded with no problems.

Thanks.

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
Hi folks,

I'm getting errors on files larger than 8mb.
Between around 8 to 10mb I get a security error. Above 10mb I just get a message saying there was a problem uploading my file.

I did wonder if there was something wrong with the files I was trying to upload so I did some testing with pics I've previously uploaded to the site. Everything below 8mb uploaded fine. Everything above returned the errors detailed above even though they've previously uploaded with no problems.

Thanks.
Hey rizole

Thanks for flagging. Our upload limit is 8mb or 3000 pixels on longest edge. This is there because we need to manage the amount of disk space on our server we use as it’s our one biggest cost.

We haven’t looked at this for a year or two and in the mean time the resolution of photos/devices has gone up so if others are regularly getting this error we might need to up it. That said though, the majority of viewing will be done on iOS devices and even when on a desktop, resolution over say 2000 pixels isn’t really necessary unless we do any pixel peeping or print projects.

Hope that makes sense. Once Rog or I win the lottery and can have a dedicated server with terabytes of space we’ll remove all limits :)

Edit: I’ll also have a look this week at whether there is any new image processing tools available.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
Hey rizole

Thanks for flagging. Our upload limit is 8mb or 3000 pixels on longest edge. This is there because we need to manage the amount of disk space on our server we use as it’s our one biggest cost.

We haven’t looked at this for a year or two and in the mean time the resolution of photos/devices has gone up so if others are regularly getting this error we might need to up it. That said though, the majority of viewing will be done on iOS devices and even when on a desktop, resolution over say 2000 pixels isn’t really necessary unless we do any pixel peeping or print projects.

Hope that makes sense. Once Rog or I win the lottery and can have a dedicated server with terabytes of space we’ll remove all limits :)

Edit: I’ll also have a look this week at whether there is any new image processing tools available.
No problem. I was aware of the site limits but thought to flag it up as it's new behaviour from the site, I assume since the upgrade.

Cheers :)

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
Just out of interest, and if it's fine to share, what's the breakdown of OS to this site?
Interesting question.

Over the last month, it has been 80% iOS, then about 6% android, 6% Mac and 6% windows.