Urgent answer required re jpg please

docsimsim

MobiLurver
I'm trying to submit some work for a digital exhibition and they're asking to include the jpg number for each image. How the heck do I find out what jpg my images are? Help urgently as closing date us soon. Thank you

Is not that they are just asking to do something like: namepicture_1.jpg, namepicture_2.jpg, namepicture_3.jpg. I ask because is something I've just read for another exhibition.

Is not that they are just asking to do something like: namepicture_1.jpg, namepicture_2.jpg, namepicture_3.jpg. I ask because is something I've just read for another exhibition.
Yep David, that's the exhibition. So 1, 2 etc is the number of images one is submitting? Right?

I don't remember which one it was because I read a lot of stuff but it that case yes, they were asking to number the pictures submitted in sequence, so to keep an order of your entries.

I don't remember which one it was because I read a lot of stuff but it that case yes, they were asking to number the pictures submitted in sequence, so to keep an order of your entries.
What I'm not sure about is if I should increase the size of the pix in BigPhoto before submitting them? I usually do that before I post here as I find some apps outputs are too small. Do you know David?

To be honest, for displaying purposes like in here, a 600px size would be ok. The loading time would be faster and the average screen quality would handle properly. Now, for the exhibition I don't know because it depends what they are going to do with the pictures, if they are going to print or not, and the size they are going to print them as well. But if they are for Mobile pictures, then they will stay on the average 8 megapixels output.

Upscaling too much is not always good, it depends on the kind of picture. Bigphoto is good but if you don't upscale too much, even if they say they can handle until 600%, I wouldn't go more then 200%. For professional purposes there are other desktop softwares that do a great job with that but they are quite more expensive.

It really depends from what they ask and from the quality and size of your pictures.

Tx david, I've emailed 3 photos. Increased 2 of them by 40% and the third one was very small for some reason so I went up to 600%! The instructions on the competition were vague just said high resolution. Also the way they wanted the labelling was complex, I sent all 3 images in one email and labelling was above the 3 images. Wasn't sure if I should have sent each photo in a separate email? All a bit confusing, I asked them to email me if I had done it incorrectly but I doubt it as they must receive loads of submissions, no?

Back
Top Bottom