Vale Of Belvoir,Leicestershire

davegray

MobiLurver
Real Name
Dave Gray
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Hi

New to this forum. My main camera was a Panasonic G7, before seeing the advantages of using an iphone. I have a 6S Plus but occasionally use DXO One attachment(i will only publish using the iphone).

A little bit about myself:-

My major influence is a Northumbrian Professional Photographer,Andy Craig. It was whilst on a PHOTOGRAPHY TRAINING COURSE that i was introduced to NATURAL PHOTOGRAPHY.

Here one can develop Photography by following one's instincts, visiting several locations on a walk to photograph what is happening in the landscape. How the image can capture the Moods in the Landscape,by capturing the Atmosphere and Drama.

Documenting the story of the landscape as you pass through it.

This i found to be of great interest and a great way way to combine my love of Walking and Photography (PHOTOWALKS).A PHOTOWALK doesn't have to be a 20 mile hike up Ben Nevis, it may be a stroll around the village with the dog, a mooch along the canal or a wander across the fields to the distant viewpoint. Whatever distance you stroll, there will be photo opportunities to capture.

I focus on MOODY AND INTIMATE LANDSCAPES OF THE COUNTRYSIDE.

As a DIGITAL ARTIST, i add a Creative Vision(Digital Manipulation) to convey a personal impression (Not always merely producing realistic rendering of a subject). Taking inspiration from what i see and try to capture the moment through an informal style of photography. I like to be Creative and Imaginative with the Images(In Post Processing) to give them an ARTY,DREAMY,ATMOSPHERIC or MOODY Feel. To create a photograph that may convey a completely different feel to that encountered when the image was captured.
d740089ce4e5a562e7f2a63f29a2d49b.jpg

Welcome to MobiTog Dave... so glad you joined us! All I can say is "WOW". Your image is gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

Be sure to take a look around, maybe join a challenge or two, and feel free to ask us any questions - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!! :whistle:

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site in the orange bar you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like Vix's MobiMono, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, ZenJenny's Levels of Abstraction (LOA), a fun group challenge, Elements of Surprise (EOS), Jilly's Edit This challenge, and a super interesting and fun challenge Time Stamp run by FundyBrian where everyone around the globe posts up an image on the same day and time. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

davegray - Hi Dave and very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us from Harby, Leicestershire... :D

You have now posted two extremely good photographs, we look forward to seeing more of your interpretive photowalk iMages... :whistle:

They are excellent first posts here and we look forward to seeing much more of your work as you find your feet, both with MobiTog and your mobile photography... ;)

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms and we look forward to seeing more of you within the community... :)

For general guidance and help there are some useful pointers in the How Do I Section just click > HERE

And RoseCat has already given you some very helpful pointers, but the best advice is to just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

Oh, and if you have a minute, please do drop your location pin on the MobiMap, under the Members tab at the top of the page in browser view... ;)

If you should need any assistance on figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

Hi

New to this forum. My main camera was a Panasonic G7, before seeing the advantages of using an iphone. I have a 6S Plus but occasionally use DXO One attachment(i will only publish using the iphone).

A little bit about myself:-

My major influence is a Northumbrian Professional Photographer,Andy Craig. It was whilst on a PHOTOGRAPHY TRAINING COURSE that i was introduced to NATURAL PHOTOGRAPHY.

Here one can develop Photography by following one's instincts, visiting several locations on a walk to photograph what is happening in the landscape. How the image can capture the Moods in the Landscape,by capturing the Atmosphere and Drama.

Documenting the story of the landscape as you pass through it.

This i found to be of great interest and a great way way to combine my love of Walking and Photography (PHOTOWALKS).A PHOTOWALK doesn't have to be a 20 mile hike up Ben Nevis, it may be a stroll around the village with the dog, a mooch along the canal or a wander across the fields to the distant viewpoint. Whatever distance you stroll, there will be photo opportunities to capture.

I focus on MOODY AND INTIMATE LANDSCAPES OF THE COUNTRYSIDE.

As a DIGITAL ARTIST, i add a Creative Vision(Digital Manipulation) to convey a personal impression (Not always merely producing realistic rendering of a subject). Taking inspiration from what i see and try to capture the moment through an informal style of photography. I like to be Creative and Imaginative with the Images(In Post Processing) to give them an ARTY,DREAMY,ATMOSPHERIC or MOODY Feel. To create a photograph that may convey a completely different feel to that encountered when the image was captured.
d740089ce4e5a562e7f2a63f29a2d49b.jpg

Very Constable or Turner

Back
Top Bottom