Mobi365 ValeriGail's Project 365 - 2017 - Life, the gaining back of....

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I miss my life. I miss walking in the woods. I miss taking my kids to do crazy and fun stuff. I miss just having a normal day that starts and ends on a schedule. I miss cooking homemade pizza. I miss going shopping with family. I miss doing family chores on a Saturday. I miss going out on the town. I miss friends. I miss swimming in the lake. I miss riding a bike. I miss being able to do a sunset shoot every night. And other random normal every day things that you might not even think of, but I have.. obsessively. Even doing the dishes. And having a job.

My goal this year is to start getting it back, little by little. Each little progress adds up to a whole lot of progress at the end.

So what am I talking about?

Life. The gaining back of.

Currently I am living my life from my bedroom. I spend the majority of most of my days never leaving my house, and some never leaving my room. My health took a turn in the fall of 2013, and by spring of 2014, I had lost the majority of my mobility. In May of the same year, I took a tumble and broke several ribs. I never got back out of bed. I tried, but would only further injure myself or would hit another health crisis. By mid 2015, I reserved myself to this being how things were. By the beginning of 2016, depression was fully set in. Further complicating what was already a ball of a mess.

I miss my ACTIVE life

This isn't my first rodeo. Or my second. There was a brief set back after my first son was born. A couple surgeries and a young, new mom's will power got me up and going then. And again in 2006-2009... mobile photography got me up and going. Changed my life really.

So it's my third go round. You'd think I'd be a pro at this by now. [emoji4] the truth is, it's hard as hell. I will always be disabled. But right now, I still have some choice in which direction I go on the slider of my disability. I might not... scratch that, I will not always have the ability to chose.

I'm opening this thread as a tool for motivation. I wrote all of this to be honest and open, not only with you all, but with myself.

There won't be any miracles happening here.
Spoiler alert, It might get super duper depressing at times.
Lyrics most definitely will get posted.
Just in case you might have missed that...
Lyrics most certainly will be posted.
Nothing will match, ever.
There might not be a picture posted every day.
There may be more than one picture posted on any day.
There may be posts with no pictures.
There may be more than one post a day
There will be health related posts
There will be avoidance of health related issues
The pictures may always be of the same limited places
The pictures may be of nothing but mean everything
Emotions will be on display.
Pretty much this place is gonna be just as messy and unpredictable as I am.

And I also have no idea what actually will be posted here.

I would love to have all of you with me as I walk through this journey again. I could use all the support I can get. I did it on my own last time. The solitary experience isn't one I would recommend. I do not know how long the road will be, or if it is even doable. Only that I have to try. Here I go,

Start...

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
ce831d35876b14ae328837e3bf3195e5.jpg

Seeds.

So I've been procrastinating the start of this thread. I knew I was going to in mid December. No big deal, right? Just start the thread!? And if I had, back in December, I would have had content I could post these last two weeks while I was sick. But I didn't. So I couldn't. So I just kept chickening out, because opening the thread meant writing the opening post. [emoji79]I wasn't ready.

Then I had an orange. Yep, you read that right. One orange gave me the courage... ok well, maybe that's stretching the truth a bit! Haha. I was half way through my orange when I knew I would be taking a photo and posting it as the first entry here. You see, there are 14 seeds in that picture. All 14 came from the same orange. The orange is one of the last from a 10lb bag of seedless oranges we were gifted for Christmas. It is the only one, so far(think there's still around 4 left), that had a seed. Or 14 seeds.

Seeds are marvelous creations. You see, there is a time for everything. A season, so to say. There's a time to bloom. A time to wither. A time for the fruit to fall.. or the nut, if you rather. And the leaves. There is even a time for death, and rebirth. Seeds are the rebirth. They are life. They are hard little workers too. You can't see what they are doing, most of the time, hiding in their cocoon of earth.. but they are making tiny little progresses one by one steadily growing in their journey towards life.

There was no way I was passing up taking a picture when life handed me 14 seeds in one orange. That's a serious sign. [emoji726]no no no not that kind of serious sign! Omg! Why is that even in the emoticons, oh the horror!! Lol

Anyway, till next time...
Valeri

"When the mysteries we believe in
Aren't dreamed enough to be true
Some side with the leaves
Some side with the seeds....."
(Wilco "Side with the seeds")

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I miss my life. I miss walking in the woods. I miss taking my kids to do crazy and fun stuff. I miss just having a normal day that starts and ends on a schedule. I miss cooking homemade pizza. I miss going shopping with family. I miss doing family chores on a Saturday. I miss going out on the town. I miss friends. I miss swimming in the lake. I miss riding a bike. I miss being able to do a sunset shoot every night. And other random normal every day things that you might not even think of, but I have.. obsessively. Even doing the dishes. And having a job.

My goal this year is to start getting it back, little by little. Each little progress adds up to a whole lot of progress at the end.

Currently I am living my life from my bedroom. I spend the majority of most of my days never leaving my house, and some never leaving my room. My health took a turn in the fall of 2013, and by spring of 2014, I had lost the majority of my mobility. In May of the same year, I took a tumble and broke several ribs. I never got back out of bed. I tried, but would only further injure myself or would hit another health crisis. By mid 2015, I reserved myself to this being how things were. By the beginning of 2016, depression was fully set in. Further complicating what was already a ball of a mess.

I miss my ACTIVE life

This isn't my first rodeo. Or my second. There was a brief set back after my first son was born. A couple surgeries and a young, new mom's will power got me up and going then. And again in 2006-2009... mobile photography got me up and going. Changed my life really.

So it's my third go round. You'd think I'd be a pro at this by now. [emoji4] the truth is, it's hard as hell. I will always be disabled. But right now, I still have some choice in which direction I go on the slider of my disability. I might not... scratch that, I will not always have the ability to chose.

I'm opening this thread as a tool for motivation. I wrote all of this to be honest and open, not only with you all, but with myself.

I would love to have all of you with me as I walk through this journey again. I could use all the support I can get. I did it on my own last time. The solitary experience isn't one I would recommend. I do not know how long the road will be, or if it is even doable. Only that I have to try. Here I go,

Start...

Yes! Go for it. You have lots of friends & supporters here.

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro

I miss my ACTIVE life

Start...
Hey V... :thumbs:

I cannot tell you how heartwarming it is to have you join us through our challenge for the year to come!

As Brian has already mentioned, you have many friends and admirers here and we will offer as much support and hugs as you need during your year's record.

Those of us that know you are always astonished at your openness and honesty and you are an inspiration to us. Your introduction must have taken a great deal of courage and possibly caused you some angst, but it is the most emotionally charged I have had the pleasure of reading.

We will look forward to sharing the experience with you and, hopefully, you with us!

It has already been an exceptional start to our annual 365 in so many ways, not least for the community spirit and support exibited by all our participants, who daily are visiting as many new posts as they are able to make comment and also jibes, as appropriate to the iMages on display... :D

Anyway, it is great to have you join with us V and we are very pleased that you have... ;)

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I miss my ACTIVE life

Start...
We're right behind you Valeri, or underneath you with our arms outstretched if you need us there.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Seeds.

So I've been procrastinating the start of this thread. I knew I was going to in mid December. No big deal, right? Just start the thread!? And if I had, back in December, I would have had content I could post these last two weeks while I was sick. But I didn't. So I couldn't. So I just kept chickening out, because opening the thread meant writing the opening post. [emoji79]I wasn't ready.

Then I had an orange. Yep, you read that right. One orange gave me the courage... ok well, maybe that's stretching the truth a bit! Haha. I was half way through my orange when I knew I would be taking a photo and posting it as the first entry here. You see, there are 14 seeds in that picture. All 14 came from the same orange. The orange is one of the last from a 10lb bag of seedless oranges we were gifted for Christmas. It is the only one, so far(think there's still around 4 left), that had a seed. Or 14 seeds.

Seeds are marvelous creations. You see, there is a time for everything. A season, so to say. There's a time to bloom. A time to wither. A time for the fruit to fall.. or the nut, if you rather. And the leaves. There is even a time for death, and rebirth. Seeds are the rebirth. They are life. They are hard little workers too. You can't see what they are doing, most of the time, hiding in their cocoon of earth.. but they are making tiny little progresses one by one steadily growing in their journey towards life.

There was no way I was passing up taking a picture when life handed me 14 seeds in one orange. That's a serious sign. [emoji726]no no no not that kind of serious sign! Omg! Why is that even in the emoticons, oh the horror!! Lol

Valeri

Beautiful Valeri - the image and the words.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

I miss my ACTIVE life

Start...

Reading your opening post, I am moved (again) by your honesty, and your trust, in us, in this community, to bare your heart... [emoji173] I'm so happy you're back, sharing your art, and taking us along on your journey.

And one last thing....

You. Go. Girl. [emoji144]‍♀️[emoji179][emoji1373][emoji1377][emoji94] XOXO

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

Seeds.

Valeri

Perfect first image... we'll all be here watching the seeds grow. [emoji179]

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

Seeds.

Valeri

I would be honored to walk with you on your Project 365 journey! Your honesty is inspiring to say the least and I definitely think there is a sign in the 14 seeds found in a seedless orange!! Looking forward to more of your images.

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful replies. I know I say a lot that I love mobitog, but I truly do. There is no other community like it out there.

My plan was to let my first two post sit for a full day, then revisit them. So, I only came back into the post twice on the first day. I was suppose to come back yesterday and reply to everyone... but life likes to throw curves at me all the time. Not even curve balls I can dodge, but curves that trip me up.

I took a nasty turn in the night. Have no idea why, since I was getting better. I'm pretty sure my upper respiratory whatever is now pneumonia. Fun stuff. Dr can't see me till end of next week. Any way.... I don't really want to talk about that.

The kids were out back goofing off after school. It has been really cold here for the last week or so. Unusually cold for Texas. I'm in south east Texas, about an hour north of Houston. Earlier this week we were at 15 degrees. It was sleeting last week. Today it was like 79. Anyway, the kids were outside and I could here them from my room. I'm laying here bored out of my skull cause I've been here for ever it seems... so I was like why the hell not. And I drag my sick but up and out my slider to the back yard, still in my bed clothes. Lol.

Took a couple pics of the lake. We are going to be moving soon, and I'm going to miss living right on the lake.

My daughter was throwing leaves in the air and the sea gulls came thinking she was throwing bread.

HipstamaticPhoto-505959000.881524.jpg

IMG_0860.JPG

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful replies. I know I say a lot that I love mobitog, but I truly do. There is no other community like it out there.

My plan was to let my first two post sit for a full day, then revisit them. So, I only came back into the post twice on the first day. I was suppose to come back yesterday and reply to everyone... but life likes to throw curves at me all the time. Not even curve balls I can dodge, but curves that trip me up.

I took a nasty turn in the night. Have no idea why, since I was getting better. I'm pretty sure my upper respiratory whatever is now pneumonia. Fun stuff. Dr can't see me till end of next week. Any way.... I don't really want to talk about that.

The kids were out back goofing off after school. It has been really cold here for the last week or so. Unusually cold for Texas. I'm in south east Texas, about an hour north of Houston. Earlier this week we were at 15 degrees. It was sleeting last week. Today it was like 79. Anyway, the kids were outside and I could here them from my room. I'm laying here bored out of my skull cause I've been here for ever it seems... so I was like why the hell not. And I drag my sick but up and out my slider to the back yard, still in my bed clothes. Lol.

Took a couple pics of the lake. We are going to be moving soon, and I'm going to miss living right on the lake.

My daughter was throwing leaves in the air and the sea gulls came thinking she was throwing bread.

View attachment 86753

View attachment 86754
Love that first image, I can hear the gulls calling now.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 86753

View attachment 86754
Two beautiful images Valeri. I can't say which I love more - they're both lovely.

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I promise I'm going to get better at this as the year progresses, including responding in the other threads here in the 365 section and around in other areas of mobitog.

Until then, I'm probably going to spam here and select threads... adding more things/areas as I feel more comfortable socializing again.

This morning brought a slight fog over the lake. Though by the time I was able to to get outside, it was across the way and almost too far for me to capture.

Snapseed.jpg

(Native cam and snapseed)

So after several tries, I decided to head back in.. but noticed a lone buzzard sitting in the side yard. I tried to sneak up to it, hoping to zoom in and get a shot.. but Ruby, my lovely walking companion (haha, she wasn't walking at all!) had a different idea! She saw that buzzard, and no amount of me telling her to not chase it worked. Off she went. After that one, she had to go after the 30 or so others sitting at the edge of the bulk head in the neighbors yard.

Snapseed.JPG

Taken in native cam, cropped in snapseed. Posted really just so you can see my crazy dog running after the buzzards. I wish I had waited just a second longer to snap the picture and captured them as they took flight. Here is a pic of Ruby as we headed back home. She's mighty proud of herself for taken care of the riff-raff.

Snapseed.jpg

Here are the Buzzards on their roost tree. Sometimes there are hundreds of them in these trees.

HipstamaticPhoto-506101800.774750.jpg

Hipstamatic beard/sugar

And a lone one I zoomed in on with Hipstamatic

HipstamaticPhoto-506100414.113592.jpg

Lucas/strausberg

A lot of pictures for today, but I'm making up for days I know I'm going to miss in advance. (Not really, but sounds good lol).

Till next time...
Valeri

Last edited:

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I promise I'm going to get better at this as the year progresses, including responding in the other threads here in the 365 section and around in other areas of mobitog.

Until then, I'm probably going to spam here and select threads... adding more things/areas as I feel more comfortable socializing again.

This morning brought a slight fog over the lake. Though by the time I was able to to get outside, it was across the way and almost too far for me to capture.

View attachment 86863

So after several tries, I decided to head back in.. but noticed a lone buzzard sitting in the side yard. I tried to sneak up to it, hoping to zoom in and get a shot.. but Ruby, my lovely walking companion (haha, she wasn't walking at all!) had a different idea! She saw that buzzard, and no amount of me telling her to not chase it worked. Off she went. After that one, she had to go after the 30 or so others sitting at the edge of the bulk head in the neighbors yard.

View attachment 86864

Taken in native cam, cropped in snapseed. Posted really just so you can see my crazy dog running after the buzzards. I wish I had waited just a second longer to snap the picture and captured them as they took flight. Here is a pic of Ruby as we headed back home. She's mighty proud of herself for taken care of the riff-raff.

View attachment 86865

Here are the Buzzards on their roost tree. Sometimes there are hundreds of them in these trees.

View attachment 86866

Hipstamatic beard/sugar

And a loan one I zoomed in on with Hipstamatic

View attachment 86867

Lucas/strausberg

A lot of pictures for today, but I'm making up for days I know I'm going to miss in advance. (Not really, but sounds good lol).

Till next time...
Valeri
Wonderful set Valeri. And just look at Ruby :inlove: - she does look pleased with herself. The amount of buzzards is amazing. I hope you're moving to somewhere just as photogenic.

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel

View attachment 86863

View attachment 86864

View attachment 86865

View attachment 86866
Hipstamatic beard/sugar

View attachment 86867
Lucas/strausberg

Till next time...
Valeri
That shot over the lake is beautiful.

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro

Till next time...
Valeri
The lake/fog iMage is awesome V, really atmospheric seeing it in the distance... :thumbs:

That looks to be one huge backyard pond too, why would you want to leave it behind... :barf:

It is also great to see you are managing to comment and participate elsewhere, but, whilst we love it, please take it easy and don't overdo it and shrink away again too soon... :rog:

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
The lake/fog iMage is awesome V, really atmospheric seeing it in the distance... :thumbs:

That looks to be one huge backyard pond too, why would you want to leave it behind... :barf:

It is also great to see you are managing to comment and participate elsewhere, but, whilst we love it, please take it easy and don't overdo it and shrink away again too soon... :rog:

Thanks Rog [emoji4]

It is a pretty big pond back there. I hate having to give it up. It is the only thing about our current residence that I'm going to miss, and actually has kept us here far too long. The house isn't exactly livable anymore and it's time to go. The landlord was honest in the beginning about his intentions with the place, so we've been fixing and making do.. but within this last year some major issue have made it way to expensive for us to keep picking up his slack/responsibilities. It is now dangerous to stay.

I have no idea yet where we are going to. I'm still looking. But I doubt we will have waterfront again. It comes with its own level of stress, which to be honest, I might not miss. I do plan on staying in the area, so will still enjoy the pond (lol Lake) as much as I'm able. It is big and stretches through several of the towns. My mom, sister and in laws all live within walking distance of the water, yet towns apart. [emoji16]

I promise that I'm not going to disappear again. I never really did, I just lurked in the background silently watching everything like a weirdo. [emoji12]

I'm trying to keep a balance of everything and not feel overwhelmed. When I first started getting sick again, I had terrible guilt about not being able to connect to my social media accounts. Not being able to post and share. I didn't want to post continually that I was "still" sick, when I could post... And I didn't want to lie either. It seemed beyond anything I could handle or wanted to put out there. So I just didn't.

The same became true in my every day life.

Isolation is crippling, even when self inflicted.

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I am stuck in bed again. I had the bright idea to do some cleaning. Sometimes, you just wanna do normal things, even if you know you can't.

So, today I played with colorburn while watching Vevo.. Justin Timberlake's "can't stop the feeling" was my subject. I just love that song and video.

There is a slight delay when shooting in this app with its multi-exposure. (Actually I think at anytime, but def with the multi exposure)

Anyways, I just laid there snapping away... starting the song over and over. Good times. [emoji23][emoji1303]

IMG_1005.JPG

Colorburn, superimpose, stackables

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 86863

View attachment 86864

View attachment 86865

View attachment 86866
Hipstamatic beard/sugar

View attachment 86867
Lucas/strausberg

Till next time...
Valeri

Wonderful fog-over-the-lake picture! The buzzard tree Hipstamatic photo is lovely too. And I enjoyed hearing about your dog chasing after the birds.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I am stuck in bed again. I had the bright idea to do some cleaning. Sometimes, you just wanna do normal things, even if you know you can't.

So, today I played with colorburn while watching Vevo.. Justin Timberlake's "can't stop the feeling" was my subject. I just love that song and video.

There is a slight delay when shooting in this app with its multi-exposure. (Actually I think at anytime, but def with the multi exposure)

Anyways, I just laid there snapping away... starting the song over and over. Good times. [emoji23][emoji1303]

View attachment 87012

Seems like you've got the hang of Colorburn. This is great and I love all the colours. :thumbs:

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro

Love the resulting iMage here V, so full of life, fun and feel good factor... :D

And thank you for the updates, we are here for you, lurking, being weird, or joining in, it is just good to know you are there... ;)