Mobi365 ValeriGail's Project 365 - 2017 - Life, the gaining back of....

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Love [emoji173]️ is in the air......

View attachment 98169

We have a hurricane hitting this weekend... if the wings of these bugs could cause a stir, they could blow it off course. Unfortunately, all they seem good for is annoyance.

View attachment 98170

It's 1st week of school here. Mornings have been crazy as we adjust to actually waking up before noon (ha! Teenagers [emoji849]). No 1st day pictures for me, the kids all think they are too old now. But they can't stop me from taking a pic of the bus as it drives them away. Then it was off to the house for me to go back to bed! Ha! Sometimes it's great being the mom. Lol
Love the love bugs!! (Y'all stay safe. We're hunkered down ready for the rain.)

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Love [emoji173]️ is in the air......

View attachment 98169

We have a hurricane hitting this weekend... if the wings of these bugs could cause a stir, they could blow it off course. Unfortunately, all they seem good for is annoyance.

View attachment 98170

It's 1st week of school here. Mornings have been crazy as we adjust to actually waking up before noon (ha! Teenagers [emoji849]). No 1st day pictures for me, the kids all think they are too old now. But they can't stop me from taking a pic of the bus as it drives them away. Then it was off to the house for me to go back to bed! Ha! Sometimes it's great being the mom. Lol

We'll be watching the storm. How close are to the coast? Stay safe!

I go back next Friday. Imagine starting school on a Friday! The kids will start back the following Tuesday. No sleeping in for me!

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
We'll be watching the storm. How close are to the coast? Stay safe!

I go back next Friday. Imagine starting school on a Friday! The kids will start back the following Tuesday. No sleeping in for me!

I'm an hour or so northeast of Houston. So not crazy close, but close enough that we are preparing just in case. We will see a bit of rain. Hopefully only rain, but you never know with these storms. My husband has to drive into the area for work, so I'm more worried about that really. Hopefully he doesn't get stuck in Houston due to floods, damage or traffic.

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
The sleep couch....

HipstamaticPhoto-525470408.211452.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-525470456.426190.jpg

Posted a pic of just Hobbit, the large cat under the black kitten, in the time stamp thread. Look up to find the other cats have joined him, and the dog scooted over as well. There was only a few minutes between pics. [emoji4]. Thinking it's a sign that I should nap too. [emoji42]

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The sleep couch....

View attachment 98241

View attachment 98242

Posted a pic of just Hobbit, the large cat under the black kitten, in the time stamp thread. Look up to find the other cats have joined him, and the dog scooted over as well. There was only a few minutes between pics. [emoji4]. Thinking it's a sign that I should nap too. [emoji42]

Cute [emoji7]❣️ I hope you won't have big problems from the storm [emoji106]

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The sleep couch....

View attachment 98241

View attachment 98242

I think they've left some room for you!

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
The sleep couch....

View attachment 98241

View attachment 98242

This is so sweet!

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
We started letting the kittens hang out for little bit on the front porch. About an hour in the afternoon. Today is day 3, I think, of this. They pretty much sunbath and play with the grass that is growing between the slats of the decking. My boys were charged with watching them this afternoon. One of them came and got me to see how they were laying. This is what I walked out to....

Snapseed.jpg

The one in front is Zelda. She was laying with all four legs spread and her belly completely flat on the deck. She only raised her head when I bent down to take the picture. The kitten behind her is Chester. He is our little runt and has been struggling with the wet weather. He's back there having a blast attacking that blade of grass. So stinking adorable

Snapseed.jpg

This is Bear. Everytime she goes outside, this is where she goes. She rolls in these weeds growing where they shouldn't and it's made it impossible to remove them. [emoji6]

There is one kitten not pictured, Colby. He was following me around helping me take pictures, I think. He "helps" me with almost everything. [emoji16]

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We started letting the kittens hang out for little bit on the front porch. About an hour in the afternoon. Today is day 3, I think, of this. They pretty much sunbath and play with the grass that is growing between the slats of the decking. My boys were charged with watching them this afternoon. One of them came and got me to see how they were laying. This is what I walked out to....

View attachment 98725

The one in front is Zelda. She was laying with all four legs spread and her belly completely flat on the deck. She only raised her head when I bent down to take the picture. The kitten behind her is Chester. He is our little runt and has been struggling with the wet weather. He's back there having a blast attacking that blade of grass. So stinking adorable

View attachment 98726

This is Bear. Everytime she goes outside, this is where she goes. She rolls in these weeds growing where they shouldn't and it's made it impossible to remove them. [emoji6]

There is one kitten not pictured, Colby. He was following me around helping me take pictures, I think. He "helps" me with almost everything. [emoji16]
Aren't they the cutest things. Such fun to have around.:inlove:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 98725

View attachment 98726

Happy kitties!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 98725

View attachment 98726

Oh....I love these babies!!! :inlove: Bear is just gorgeous... kittens just make me so happy.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Was making eggs for dinner. Went to scramble one of them, that had a crack in it, for the cats. BUT this is what I found...

View attachment 98802

View attachment 98803

It was completely FROZEN! [emoji33]

Note to self: put eggs on lower shelf. [emoji6]
Wow, that fridge is working overtime! I've never seen a frozen egg either. I wonder if they would be okay when they're defrosted?

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I had never seen a frozen egg either... which of course meant I had to share such a find! Haha

I have no idea if it could have been used. I just tossed it.

The freezer on this little fridge (came with the rental house) has only one setting. Antarctic. I've tried lowering the temp, but it hasn't seemed to change anything. It's still Antarctica in there. I'm expecting penguins to take up residency at some point. [emoji6]
I should have expected the top shelf of the fridge to be an issue, but I didn't even think about it. I consider this fridge to be the "kids" fridge. Anything of real importance (like ice cream[emoji16]) is in the fridge in my room.

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
"What! No! Bear wasn't here first. Why would you think that?"

IMG_2311.JPG

Colby on top, Bear being squished. Cuddling on my side while I laid across the bed. Trying to get this picture probably should have been filmed. It was hilarious, though Colby didn't quite get why everyone was laughing.

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The first visible sunset in 4 days..

View attachment 98424

The clouds have quite a bit of movement to them and was the first time I could see that clearly. Before they were so thick, gray and hazy from the rain.

Beautiful - happy to see that it is better weather at your location. Nice reflections in the asphalt

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Waiting for my husband to come out of recovery after emergency surgery. He had a boat fall and pin his hand between it and the jack he was using. (The jack malfunctioned).

HipstamaticPhoto-526879087.224382.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-526874517.420025.jpg

Prognosis is good, but he's one handed for the next 6 weeks as it heals.

I'd post pics of the hand, but no one needs to see that. [emoji6]

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Waiting for my husband to come out of recovery after emergency surgery. He had a boat fall and pin his hand between it and the jack he was using. (The jack malfunctioned).

View attachment 99010

View attachment 99011

Prognosis is good, but he's one handed for the next 6 weeks as it heals.

I'd post pics of the hand, but no one needs to see that. [emoji6]
Oh dear! Here's to a speedy recovery!

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Yes, sex! [emoji16]

IMG_2382.JPG

While waiting for the OR, one of my husband's surgeons came by and wrote on the arm that needed the operation.

My husband, pretty messed up on meds at the time, looked at his arm... then looked at me with wide eyes and asked "what does that say?!"

I replied "sex"

Later he told his mom "I came here for surgery and I get sex! This place is awesome!"

I wish I had been videoing him. It was priceless!

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes, sex! [emoji16]

View attachment 99081

While waiting for the OR, one of my husband's surgeons came by and wrote on the arm that needed the operation.

My husband, pretty messed up on meds at the time, looked at his arm... then looked at me with wide eyes and asked "what does that say?!"

I replied "sex"

Later he told his mom "I came here for surgery and I get sex! This place is awesome!"

Love that story ❣️ Me too have had crazy moments when in hospital.

ric alexander

Mr. Patience
Reaction score
Real Name
ric alexander
Device
IPhone XR
I miss my life. I miss walking in the woods. I miss taking my kids to do crazy and fun stuff. I miss just having a normal day that starts and ends on a schedule. I miss cooking homemade pizza. I miss going shopping with family. I miss doing family chores on a Saturday. I miss going out on the town. I miss friends. I miss swimming in the lake. I miss riding a bike. I miss being able to do a sunset shoot every night. And other random normal every day things that you might not even think of, but I have.. obsessively. Even doing the dishes. And having a job.

My goal this year is to start getting it back, little by little. Each little progress adds up to a whole lot of progress at the end.

So what am I talking about?

Life. The gaining back of.

Currently I am living my life from my bedroom. I spend the majority of most of my days never leaving my house, and some never leaving my room. My health took a turn in the fall of 2013, and by spring of 2014, I had lost the majority of my mobility. In May of the same year, I took a tumble and broke several ribs. I never got back out of bed. I tried, but would only further injure myself or would hit another health crisis. By mid 2015, I reserved myself to this being how things were. By the beginning of 2016, depression was fully set in. Further complicating what was already a ball of a mess.

I miss my ACTIVE life

This isn't my first rodeo. Or my second. There was a brief set back after my first son was born. A couple surgeries and a young, new mom's will power got me up and going then. And again in 2006-2009... mobile photography got me up and going. Changed my life really.

So it's my third go round. You'd think I'd be a pro at this by now. [emoji4] the truth is, it's hard as hell. I will always be disabled. But right now, I still have some choice in which direction I go on the slider of my disability. I might not... scratch that, I will not always have the ability to chose.

I'm opening this thread as a tool for motivation. I wrote all of this to be honest and open, not only with you all, but with myself.

There won't be any miracles happening here.
Spoiler alert, It might get super duper depressing at times.
Lyrics most definitely will get posted.
Just in case you might have missed that...
Lyrics most certainly will be posted.
Nothing will match, ever.
There might not be a picture posted every day.
There may be more than one picture posted on any day.
There may be posts with no pictures.
There may be more than one post a day
There will be health related posts
There will be avoidance of health related issues
The pictures may always be of the same limited places
The pictures may be of nothing but mean everything
Emotions will be on display.
Pretty much this place is gonna be just as messy and unpredictable as I am.

And I also have no idea what actually will be posted here.

I would love to have all of you with me as I walk through this journey again. I could use all the support I can get. I did it on my own last time. The solitary experience isn't one I would recommend. I do not know how long the road will be, or if it is even doable. Only that I have to try. Here I go,

Start...
Wow. Since returning to this site I've been mostly mooching in the BG, getting a feel for what's happening in mobile photography, trying to learn a new workflow which I'm really struggling with but now I see his. It stopped me dead! What a journey you've been on and are going on.
It's nothing compared to you but I can sort of relate due to being immobile through an injury for 6 months. the thought of what I can do now my life has changed forever brought me back to photography. I'm pretty sure this has inspired me in some way.
I really really send my best wishes to you and I'd bet you WILL overcome this new obstacle. When I get home from work I look forward to looking through this thread. I just had to comment on that post though. All the best and get better real soon x

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes, sex! [emoji16]

View attachment 99081

I replied "sex"

Oh good heavens Valeri! Your poor husband. I love the way that the surgeon has written on your husband's arm, just in case that large bandage wasn't clear. I laughed (but sympathetically :rolleyes:) about the sex mix up. Blimey you're going through it at the moment. Sending healing thought waves to you all.:inlove:

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Wow. Since returning to this site I've been mostly mooching in the BG, getting a feel for what's happening in mobile photography, trying to learn a new workflow which I'm really struggling with but now I see his. It stopped me dead! What a journey you've been on and are going on.
It's nothing compared to you but I can sort of relate due to being immobile through an injury for 6 months. the thought of what I can do now my life has changed forever brought me back to photography. I'm pretty sure this has inspired me in some way.
I really really send my best wishes to you and I'd bet you WILL overcome this new obstacle. When I get home from work I look forward to looking through this thread. I just had to comment on that post though. All the best and get better real soon x
Good for you Ric. I'm sure Valeri will be touched. We're delighted to have you here at Mobitog.:thumbs: