IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
As you all know, this is one of my favourite apps and now it has become even more awesome! :eek:

However, it does mean that all that time I spent trying to understand the editor is now for nowt because it has completely changed. The good news, I think, is that the options now seem limitless... if you can work them out... but for the first time he has a manual. Yippee. Can see myself spending most of tomorrow playing. :)

Manual: http://www.vectorqueue.com/ios/manual.html

With the little play I have done so far it is a little buggy. Sometimes, the share button seems to disappear.

So folks, let‘s have your experimentations!

ImageArt

MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
First Attempt and don’t even ask me how I got there. Couldn’t tell you. Pressing this, pushing that.

EE4D8D72-89FA-4E58-AE3B-6E3E18A47156.png

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
C2C3436E-CC9F-4C45-9E43-7493496F9B25.jpeg

I just “want to play, too”. i didn’t get very far into the first page - I’m easily intimidated by editing tools :lmao:
but I had a swing at it and layered the results onto other edits. App crashed when I selected the eraser tool.

ImageArt

MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
View attachment 164614

I just “want to play, too”. i didn’t get very far into the first page - I’m easily intimidated by editing tools :lmao:
but I had a swing at it and layered the results onto other edits. App crashed when I selected the eraser tool.
Great textures. Yes, sometimes I press stuff and nothing happens and the delete bin and undo buttons disappears which can be irritating if you have just messed up a master piece :lol:. So some way to go to get right.

ImageArt

MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
FC671851-8B78-49DE-A06F-2D7B6944607E.jpeg

Combined back with the original and blended with a texture.

I’m starting to get the hang of it but quite challenging. Sometimes the save button disappears on the main vectorizer screen but if you go into the editor, you can save it there.

It’s worth turning on the Smart UI (when you first enter VectorQ) - top left but get a feel for the advanced interface first. It’s easy to get to the simple controls and colour panels from here.

terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
And by the way: Big Photo disappeared from the store. Only in Germany or yours too?
In the US, the developer (Zynsoft) phased out Big Photo in favor of a revised app named Big Photos. (I don't remember what the differences are. I mostly use Pixelmator Photo on my iPad for resizing these days.)

EDIT: Just checked, and the new app has gone subscription.

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
In the US, the developer (Zynsoft) phased out Big Photo in favor of a revised app named Big Photos. (I don't remember what the differences are. I mostly use Pixelmator Photo on my iPad for resizing these days.)

EDIT: Just checked, and the new app has gone subscription.
Exactly! The new one is also available here. I’ve really supported the dev with a one time fee again. But subscription: no thanks.
now I need to find another app that is able to resize photos also not proportional. Any idea?

terse

Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
Exactly! The new one is also available here. I’ve really supported the dev with a one time fee again. But subscription: no thanks.
now I need to find another app that is able to resize photos also not proportional. Any idea?
Filterstorm or Filterstorm Neue, if you already have it. It still works (for resizing, anyway) on my iPad, but it hasn't been updated in 4 years, so not something to buy if you don't have it. I'll have to think if there's another one.

MsDee

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Dee
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
About the only time I resize an image is when I try to upload to Mobitog and get a “file too large” message. I use Handy Photo to resize to a smaller file.
True. And I don’t understand it. It downsizes every picture anyway. I upload 3043 x … and mobi says always it’s now 1500 px. So why asking? Just downsize or …

terse

Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
Nice one, but it can only scale proportionally. I need one to fix pictures that come out of app with ridiculous squeezes or stretches in one direction. For everything else’s the usual candidates like Resize 2x are fine.
Image Size can do that. Free with ads or $4.99US.

Also Smart Resize 2x can sort of do what you want. It doesn't allow it if you're resizing by pixels, but it does allow changing the aspect ratio. It's got quite a few ratios but doesn't allow custom ratios.

Top Bottom