rizole

It's not even my banana.
Real Name
rizole
Device
Huawei
Onsite
Project Page
These little horrors periodically kill off my succulents and they've stuck again this year.
This year they've gone after the roots of my ghost plants, stripping them bare. So before throwing them out I've put them to good use and got my macro lens to them.
20191222_122812_021_01-01.jpeg
20191222_122506.jpg
20191222_152046.jpg

These little horrors periodically kill off my succulents and they've stuck again this year.
This year they've gone after the roots of my ghost plants, stripping them bare. So before throwing them out I've put them to good use and got my macro lens to them.View attachment 152950View attachment 152951View attachment 152952
How big are they? 1 mm or smaller. The tiny white bits on the plant? Sorry but there is nothing on neither picture to realise the size. :)

They are around 5 to 7mm. They live in the soil and eat roots and seem to particularly like succulents. It could be that I plant my succulents in a sandy soil so it drains quickly so there's less chance of drowning in water logged soil.
Wikipedia says the grubs can get up to 1cm. The adult beetles are black and a bit bigger.

Back
Top Bottom