APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #1 Three Wishes

Opportunity Lost
IColorama, Procreate
No wishes for this guy.
A74F838C-3BB8-490A-9961-4FE4156F136B.jpeg

:inlove: Thanks for posting it, Star :thumbs:

Now the secret can be told — what’s with the Aladdin’s lamp??
Inside is Jeanie, with light brown hair and three wishes! But alas, only the chosen can see it.

The “lamp” started life as a tea kettle. Warped into a proper lamp in Procreate.

:lol:You’ve been having a wonderful time with your family and friends, that’s what and as it should be!
It’s called going off grid Cat, good for you and too right ‘n all... :D
Yeah.... I know. But I hate missing important stuff. Well you’re all here and safe, so that’s what’s most important.

Inspired by Jen (who isn’t?)

BE1C3022-7E00-4A49-8150-5E68585B8B65.jpeg

A wish for a dear friend.
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi
SuperimposeX, Procreate, iColorama

Inspired by Jen (who isn’t?)

View attachment 118912
A wish for a dear friend.
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi
SuperimposeX, Procreate, iColorama

That’s beautiful - it’s like a tapestry! I love the repetition of the mermaid (?) scales, and especially the suggestion of wings : the whole image seems to flow out from her outstretched arms. Sea and air, mermaid and angel - love it :notworthy: :inlove: :)

Lovely and you pick such wonderful pieces of poetry. This piece is so beautiful.

Thank you, Ann :inlove: :notworthy:.

Re poetry: I never met a Rumi poem I didn’t like. I should say ‘a Rumi translation’ because like most westerners I know of Rumi exclusively through Coleman Barks’ ‘re-renderings’ - a sample critique (by another Western translator !) here.

Back
Top Bottom