APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #1 Three Wishes

Glenton do you have a ‘three wishes’ interpretation for us ? :)
Thanks Jen for notifying me.
3A6165C1-67DC-4E6C-A02B-91B9D1153F2F.jpeg

ProCamera, Over, Distressed FX

My inspiration has been wanting but I was reading Sapiens by Tuval Noah Harari today and read this quote. It reminded me of the three wishes theme so I went with it. It's not a conclusion of the book, just a step a long the way. The link for me was wishes and happiness.
All pics from Wikimedia commons.
PicsArt_01-08-10.01.55-01.jpeg

My inspiration has been wanting but I was reading Sapiens by Tuval Noah Harari today and read this quote. It reminded me of the three wishes theme so I went with it. It's not a conclusion of the book, just a step a long the way. The link for me was wishes and happiness.
View attachment 118964

Gawd. That sounds so . . . . prosaic. Nothing about being true to yourself, or climbing every mountain, or remembering to floss...? Damn.

View attachment 118964
What a clever interpretation of the theme. :thumbs:

View attachment 118977

In fairytales and folk tales, the three wishes often end badly.

(No, this is not the piece I've been struggling with that Jen alluded to. But unlike that [superb] [complex] [imaginative] piece, this one is done. :lmao:)
This is fab...

EGADS.... I keep forgetting to work on something. The days are too damn short!

83A08A77-22E9-4B58-90FE-A1560A9FF7EE.jpeg

In this case, the words came first. The image was assembled/layered/masked/blended in Leonardo from previous efforts in my archives. Then it took a trip through Distressed FX (after I failed to get what I wanted from Mextures) and finally into Title fx for the words. (The font is Gill Sans, which isn't quite what I was after, but the choices were limited.)

Well, come on, GroovyGouvy, Lzed, ValeriGail, younger, deepop, Ryn S, RHKing — only 24 hours left to support our first Weekly APPstract Challenge! What’s your first-response interpretation of ‘three wishes’?
:eek:
Didn’t see this challenge!
Here it is!
It’s a photo of the three of us: Mark, Joana and me. So, love. Edited with Christmas app. I added gold color with PicsArt to symbolise success! And added a green plant also with PicsArt to represent health and made that swirl on PicsArt too. Love, health, success to us all! Happy 2019!
7F6D75FB-2472-43A0-A05B-1115076C5204.jpeg

View attachment 119050

In this case, the words came first. The image was assembled/layered/masked/blended in Leonardo from previous efforts in my archives. Then it took a trip through Distressed FX (after I failed to get what I wanted from Mextures) and finally into Title fx for the words. (The font is Gill Sans, which isn't quite what I was after, but the choices were limited.)
Well this is just wonderful. Look at Hodge!! And the light is sublime.

View attachment 119050

Yes, what Catherine said. The light on Hodge is wonderful and I love the composition.

Well this is just wonderful. Look at Hodge!! And the light is sublime.

Yes, what Catherine said. The light on Hodge is wonderful and I love the composition.

Thanks. :D Hodge brought his own light with him from the source pic. (That image was b/w but colorized in Leonardo, which does a lot more things than just layering. The devs want everybody to switch to Superimpose X, but so far, I haven't warmed up to it.)

View attachment 119050

That’s gorgeous! ‘What Jilly and Catherine said’ re the Light of Hodge :)
The words are perfect :lmao:
(And I recall the beautiful palette of this image )

:eek:
Didn’t see this challenge!
Here it is!
It’s a photo of the three of us: Mark, Joana and me. So, love. Edited with Christmas app. I added gold color with PicsArt to symbolise success! And added a green plant also with PicsArt to represent health and made that swirl on PicsArt too. Love, health, success to us all! Happy 2019!
View attachment 119054

How creative is this! What do you get when you mix Mark, Joana and Juliana ? :lmao:
Love health & success for your new family, Juliana :inlove:

I hope I’m not to late?! Even if, I’m gonna share anyways ;) :lmao:

I wanted to do a piece that was more of a general interpretation of wishes, but as it usually goes... my emotions control what actually happens art wise. So here is MY three wishes, very much rooted in my grief for the loss of my father.

I wish for what my parents had for 50 years (today would have been their 50th anniversary). Love, companionship, and music.

2D9C44FE-5F38-45CE-A713-3F9A368599CA.jpeg

I wanted to do a piece that was more of a general interpretation of wishes, but as it usually goes... my emotions control what actually happens art wise. So here is MY three wishes, very much rooted in my grief for the loss of my father.

I wish for what my parents had for 50 years (today would have been their 50th anniversary). Love, companionship, and music.

View attachment 119080
:inlove:
Beautiful picture

View attachment 119080

Thanks so much for joining in, Valeri — and for ‘letting us in’ to see the beauty you saw in your parents’ long and obviously very loving relationship. What a beautiful tribute to them - and what a beautiful memory to keep in your heart.

Back
Top Bottom