APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #4 Everyday Items

Not sure if this fits here, but I accidentally took a photo of the cover on my iPhone 5c and it came out like this.
No edit
A07746D3-AE17-4015-808B-5E45BBA22F52.jpeg

Who’d’ve thought rolls of tape could look so interesting.
Your artistic adventures in aremaC have inspired me to make a mental note to open that app some time soon. I’ve had it some five years . . . :oops:
Pssst... the secret is in collecting wacky presets from the online aremaC library. Unfortunately, you can’t tell much about the presets from the online descriptions. You just have to try them and see. Also, watch out for the occasional low resolution preset.

Not sure if this fits here, but I accidentally took a photo of the cover on my iPhone 5c and it came out like this.
No edit
View attachment 120078

Course it fits! Ordinary -> abstract :thumbs: Very nice abstract, too.

I’ve been wondering where you are. Has Miss Joana decided to become a normal baby and keep you running around in circles?

Course it fits! Ordinary -> abstract :thumbs: Very nice abstract, too.

I’ve been wondering where you are. Has Miss Joana decided to become a normal baby and keep you running around in circles?

:lol:
Not yet! I went back to work (this was the third week), and am trying to get used to the new multitasking. First week I cried heaps :D and this week I added another day, so my mind has been a bit full. But my heart is still here with you guys! :hearteyes:

This week JillyG asked to see your abstract re-workings of the commonplace and/or the everyday. And we’ve seen everything from pizza and tv remotes to lengths of rope and boxes of electrical tape and everything in between. Nottomention an ironing board, which stimulated a brief but very telling conversation about the household habits of some people not mentioning any names :mobibabe:

Time now for Jilly to choose her favourite/s :)

Weekly APPstract #5 is here

Last edited:
Not yet! I went back to work (this was the third week), and am trying to get used to the new multitasking. First week I cried heaps :D and this week I added another day, so my mind has been a bit full. But my heart is still here with you guys! :hearteyes:

I felt a familiar ache when I read this — and my youngest just turned 40 :lmao:

Isn’t this fun! Thank you all for embracing the theme - I tried to make something beautiful out of my stove-top kettle and failed miserably, so I’m in awe of the wonderful images you’ve all made. But, this is a challenge so there has to be a winner. That winner is... ImageArt Ann with Reality Exists in the Human Mind.
7DCA4843-20AC-4CB6-88FD-E3E3B8DE68CC.jpeg

You’ve taken something truly commonplace (what home doesn’t have remote controls now - when I think back to when I was younger ...) and made it abstract and beautiful. Love the colours and the addition of the ants. Well done Ann.

Coming in Second is Starzee Star with My Ironing Board.
8621C9AE-9638-4ABC-994E-1A6CE44FFF0F.jpeg

Another item that I thought was ubiquitous, but after much discussion, it turns out not to be quite so commonplace as I thought. And who would have thought that this started out as a photograph of part of an ironing board? It’s got so much movement - it could almost be a head and shoulders of something other-worldly. Great colours too.

And finally, third place goes to FundyBrian Brian with his re-formation of a photo of a CD. It won’t be long now before people are looking at them and saying “Do you remember when ...”.
5C93C426-F8F4-4B64-9FE6-089698465E39.jpeg

Another one where I’d never have guessed what the original subject was. To me, this looks so like the wings of a dragonfly over a pond. The colours really appeal to me too. Lovely.

Thank you again - I’ve thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the wonderful abstracts you’ve produced.

Last edited:
Isn’t this fun! Thank you all for embracing the theme - I tried to make something beautiful out of my stove-top kettle and failed miserably, so I’m in awe of the wonderful images you’ve all made. But, this is a challenge so there has to be a winner. That winner is... ImageArt Ann with Reality Exists in the Human Mind.
View attachment 120166
You’ve taken something truly commonplace (what home doesn’t have remote controls now - when I think back to when I was younger ...) and made it abstract and beautiful. Love the colours and the addition of the ants. Well done Ann.

View attachment 120167
Another item that I thought was ubiquitous, but after much discussion, it turns out not to be quite so commonplace as I thought. And who would have thought that this started out as a photograph of part of an ironing board? It’s got so much movement - it could almost be a head and shoulders of something other-worldly. Great colours too.

And finally, third place goes to FundyBrian Brian with his re-formation of a photo of a CD. It won’t be long now before people are looking at them and saying “Do you remember when ...”.
View attachment 120168
Another one where I’d never have guessed what the original subject was. To me, this looks so like the wings of a dragonfly over a pond. The colours really appeal to me too. Lovely.

Thank you again - I’ve thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the wonderful abstracts you’ve produced.
Wow, thank you Jilly! Chuffed! Well done, Brian. Ok, let me see if I can come up with a theme...

Thank you JillyG - yet another example of your frighteningly consistent efficiency :eek: :D :inlove:

Congrats to our APPstract Queen ImageArt Ann. And of course there are ants on the remote! What else?

Congrats Starzee and FundyBrian and thanks to all who contributed images, comments, helpful analyses and household hints :notworthy: :thumbs:

Ann’s choice for #5 is ‘SHAPES’ - can’t wait to see the interpretations !

Thanks for my second! Congrats to Ann and Brian. What an amazing challenge! I loved seeing the transformations.

Just an aside for anyone who doesn’t own an ironing board, I can be used for a make shift bar in an emergency. Just throw a table cloth over it. Or a sheet, but iron it first!

Thanks for my second! Congrats to Ann and Brian. What an amazing challenge! I loved seeing the transformations.

Just an aside for anyone who doesn’t own an ironing board, I can be used for a make shift bar in an emergency. Just throw a table cloth over it. Or a sheet, but iron it first!

View attachment 120166

View attachment 120167

View attachment 120168

Congrats to ImageArt , Starzee and FundyBrian
Loved those, esp. Ann's from the start. Maybe the colour, but I think it was more the spaceship like shape. :D
And now I realise I didn't make it again. Well, maybe #5 will again be one to participate. :)

Congrats to ImageArt , Starzee and FundyBrian
Loved those, esp. Ann's from the start. Maybe the colour, but I think it was more the spaceship like shape. :D
And now I realise I didn't make it again. Well, maybe #5 will again be one to participate. :)

Yes, Gouvy - I certainly hope so. :mobibabe: An abstract thread without GroovyGouvy images is like a . . . like a . . . Well it’s no good. So I’ll be expecting the pleasure of your presence in #5 :appsir:

:lmao: :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom