APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #8 Steal the Style

This is my attempt to try and emulate a Robert Delauney painting. I tried to use his colours as much as possible.

iColorama, Glaze
d76c3282-94ad-4875-bda2-cfa336822782-jpeg.121540
I LOOOOOVE this. :inlove: :notworthy:

View attachment 121536

View attachment 121537

View attachment 121534

The Mondrian template is attached below if anyone wants a larger version.

Three of my collages masked in according to the template [colour by] numbers. Then about three million random edits with Hipsta and Shift, tidied up in SnapSeed .

I so want to do one of his M’s trees. I think they’re breathtakingly beautiful. And, for the first time ever, my breezy ‘just play and see what comes up’ is wavering. A bit like in Brian’s invitation to plan a piece - suddenly there’s anxiety about ‘messing it up’ . In an ‘Art Games’ thread, if you don’t mind :lmao:

ValeriGail, we need your input here :inlove:

Marvellous. Mondrian meets Klimt - a perfect combo.
What Jilly said. :inlove:

Have you investigated QuickShape in Procreate. You effectively get a temporary editable vector shape until you tap off of the shape. Quickly draw editable geometric shapes or even more complex shapes and still be able to close the object shape or move the control points around to edit the shape.
Yes, I have.

That’s a pretty good attempt. He has more splashes but I prefer yours!
Yes, I was trying to get that heavily covered look, but because I was using brushes in iColorama, and even trying to switch brush shapes many times, it was looking like too many clones/duplicates. I found it hard to create something that looked very random, like you would get if you were really throwing paint on a canvas.

Jackson Pollock’s coffee table.:lol: Love it.:thumbs:
LOL! :D Yeah... I just really liked that brush. :lol:

Tried to channel Jackson Pollock... not sure I succeeded. :confused:

iColorama, Snapseed, Image Blender

View attachment 121588

I love your version of the method :inlove:

I do know what you mean about paint splashes — I guess there are some limits to digital art (temporary, I imagine). “There Are Times When Only A Bucket of Paint, A Wall and An Attitude Will Do” :mobibabe:

Speaking of which, do you know Australian artist Pro Hart? He made a carpet cleaning advertisement in the 80s.

This is my attempt to try and emulate a Robert Delauney painting. I tried to use his colours as much as possible.

iColorama, Glaze
View attachment 121540

I’ve already commented on these but I keep coming back to them, especially the ‘just like his’ version. I can imagine it as a very big canvas in a gallery . Just brilliant.

CD44566D-BEA9-47F1-ACA4-3DF359702E04.png

It started as a warmup for my Mondrian tree — practising in SketchClub his thing if simplifying the 3D object into strong dark curved lines and those palette knife brush strokes. Then I found some Imaengine versions that blended well on top of other versions smudged in Repix and then I forgot about the strong black lines layer somewhere along the way and then there was this butterfly . . . And I quite liked the idea of the Rose living up to greet the butterfly and now I’m hoping JillyG will pop along and tell me exactly which artist/s I am copying here :confused:

Yes, I was trying to get that heavily covered look, but because I was using brushes in iColorama, and even trying to switch brush shapes many times, it was looking like too many clones/duplicates. I found it hard to create something that looked very random, like you would get if you were really throwing paint on a canvas.

LOL! :D Yeah... I just really liked that brush. :lol:
:lol:I like that brush too.

Exactly! This would look great on small wooden blocks - tiles. I’ve been thinking of doing something like that but with different images. Have you seen the Sid Dickens Memory Blocks? I absolutely love them but would love to do my own. It’s been in the back of my mind since I first saw them about 7 years ago in the US. https://www.siddickens.com/

I was looking through the Picasso-esque split faces looking for a style I liked when I came across one with birds that really caught my eye.
080F5B63-4DD7-4C00-9E71-CE196EC51B05.jpeg

I really wanted the birds to be recognizable but I could not make myself stray too far from the real shape, when what I needed was more of a caricature. So this is what I got. I didn’t even want to put spots and stripes on them.
Procreate.

Exactly! This would look great on small wooden blocks - tiles. I’ve been thinking of doing something like that but with different images. Have you seen the Sid Dickens Memory Blocks? I absolutely love them but would love to do my own. It’s been in the back of my mind since I first saw them about 7 years ago in the US. https://www.siddickens.com/

Never heard of him/them - thank you for the link. Very clever marketing.
Just the wall concept is nice— small enough to change around whenever you like.

His look like plaster of Paris or similar? What would you do yours on, Ann?

I was looking through the Picasso-esque split faces looking for a style I liked when I came across one with birds that really caught my eye.
View attachment 121641
I really wanted the birds to be recognizable but I could not make myself stray too far from the real shape, when what I needed was more of a caricature. So this is what I got. I didn’t even want to put spots and stripes on them.
Procreate.

This is so vibrant and colourful! Spots and stripes would overdo it, imo.

Back
Top Bottom