APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #8 Steal the Style

I love it as is, but it wouldn’t take much to pop it in to ProCreate and add the dots and stripes on a nondestructive layer ( or 3) just to see :)

Ryn! Welcome ! We’ve been waiting for you to turn up here in our new APPstract challenge ! There’s about 24 hours left on this one . . . :D

I was thinking Mondrian and cubist and I had just started something in Procreate when I remembered something I liked I had done before so I went back there and brought that image into Procreate for a new background. And then...
D942E85E-9852-4D64-9622-14CEFEBC03FA.jpeg

I thought that since MobiTog is a photo site why not try some other App renditions. I went back to the figure I made in Easy Poser. Starting with inverting some sections and then going into aremaC. In no time I had 50 variations that were all worth saving. This is a small selection from AutoCollage. The 2nd one in from the top right is the original Procreate version.

I was thinking Mondrian and cubist and I had just started something in Procreate when I remembered something I liked I had done before so I went back there and brought that image into Procreate for a new background. And then...
View attachment 121666
I thought that since MobiTog is a photo site why not try some other App renditions. I went back to the figure I made in Easy Poser. Starting with inverting some sections and then going into aremaC. In no time I had 50 variations that were all worth saving. This is a small selection from AutoCollage. The 2nd one in from the top right is the original Procreate version.

Did you make all these variations in aremaC? I really like the effects with intersecting lines and circles - eg 2nd from R on bottom :thumbs:

Ryn! Welcome ! We’ve been waiting for you to turn up here in our new APPstract challenge ! There’s about 24 hours left on this one . . . :D
I thought we had an extra week? Or is that another Challenge. I lose track.:confused:

I thought we had an extra week? Or is that another Challenge. I lose track.:confused:
Yes, we have an extra week at least on this one. So, you have until 3/8. I’ll need at least that much to look up some of these artists I’ve never heard of. :lmao:
But since we’re talking about it, I’d like to suggest we run it for two weeks all the time. I like a weekend to work on abstracts, and sometimes we don’t get a theme until Monday or Tuesday. What do you think?

Yes, we have an extra week at least on this one. So, you have until 3/8. I’ll need at least that much to look up some of these artists I’ve never heard of. :lmao:
But since we’re talking about it, I’d like to suggest we run it for two weeks all the time. I like a weekend to work on abstracts, and sometimes we don’t get a theme until Monday or Tuesday. What do you think?
Yes, I agree. Two weeks would give me time to do several.

Did you make all these variations in aremaC? I really like the effects with intersecting lines and circles - eg 2nd from R on bottom :thumbs:
There is the one original before the inversion steps were added. All the rest of the 50 variations were made in aremaC. Great fun.

83BC0EFD-34DB-4098-ADC3-CE37CD4051B9.jpeg

Doesn’t really fit the brief, because I have no idea whose style this might be. There was a tutorial on Procreate about creating an abstract image using liquify. So I made the base in Procreate and then went into Vintage FX for the paper and border.

I like the idea. With three or four weekly challenges running at once, I can't keep up with all of them. Plus the appstracts take me longer.

View attachment 121670
Doesn’t really fit the brief, because I have no idea whose style this might be. There was a tutorial on Procreate about creating an abstract image using liquify. So I made the base in Procreate and then went into Vintage FX for the paper and border.
When I first saw this image, small on my iPhone screen, I thought it must be the weather radar map showing rain or snow on the way. :D

Yes, I agree. Two weeks would give me time to do several.

I like the idea. With three or four weekly challenges running at once, I can't keep up with all of them. Plus the appstracts take me longer.
Agreed.
It's often a weekend when I have time and space to devote to working on this stuff and if I'm feeling time pressure to get something in to deadline I sometimes don't bother.

You’re right of course, Star - somehow I thought the second week had passed already :confused: o_O :zip:

Thank you for suggesting the two weeks as a permanent thing and thanks rizole JillyG terse RoseCat for your thumbs up so far. I really like the idea for all the reasons already mentioned. Plus of course two weeks would mean more time to harass cajole beleaguer entice invite old and new Mobifolk to join in :D Because that is the kind of caring sharing and aware-ing community we are :mobibabe:

FundyBrian ? ImageArt ? ValeriGail ? deepop ? GroovyGouvy ? Ryn S ? younger? lkbside? TomHH RHKing ? Lzed? Would two weeks make the challenge more available to you? ( RoseCat please fill in some of the names I’ve forgotten :) )

You’re right of course, Star - somehow I thought the second week had passed already :confused: o_O :zip:

Thank you for suggesting the two weeks as a permanent thing and thanks rizole JillyG terse RoseCat for your thumbs up so far. I really like the idea for all the reasons already mentioned. Plus of course two weeks would mean more time to harass cajole beleaguer entice invite old and new Mobifolk to join in :D Because that is the kind of caring sharing and aware-ing community we are :mobibabe:

FundyBrian ? ImageArt ? ValeriGail ? deepop ? GroovyGouvy ? Ryn S ? younger? lkbside? TomHH RHKing ? Lzed? Would two weeks make the challenge more available to you? ( RoseCat please fill in some of the names I’ve forgotten :) )
In one way the limited time gets me into action to get something done. However, the limited time also means my effort is most likely not as well developed as I might like.

At the Blue Note Lounge.
FFC5B810-AB64-46B2-9BF3-77EC50CFFD1E.jpeg

Procreate.

This time entirely artwork.
I’m wondering if it could use a few more curved lines in the empty space joining things together. You know those swirling meandering overlapping shapes all filled in with different colours. All these pieces are still on independent layers.
I just made the eighth note stamp brush for Procreate.

Back
Top Bottom