MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I have these weird greasy streaks on my iPad that won't go away. At first I thought there was something on the screen cleaning cloth, but I've used 3 different cloths and they all do the same. It looks like a tiny spec of dust on my screen, but when I wipe it smears like grease. Is there something screwed up with the coating on my screen? :eek: :barf:

It's like they're popping up through the glass?? It just makes no sense.

Update: Okay, it's on my iPhone too. There must be something floating in the air?? This is kind of freaking me out... What the hell is it? :eek:

Last edited:
Just ordered a portable Honeywell HEPA filter on Amazon. Will be here in 2 days.

I'm seriously freaked and want this creepy greasy alien dust out of my life!! :barf: :alien: :eek:

I don't blame you one bit!! It's weird that whatever it is seems to smear like grease.

Ooh... :eek:

Never heard the like Cat, could it be pollen, or plain old vehicle pollution perhaps? ... :rog:

Are you using a dry micro fibre cloth only? ... :D

Ooh... :eek:

Never heard the like Cat, could it be pollen, or plain old vehicle pollution perhaps? ... :rog:

Are you using a dry micro fibre cloth only? ... :D
Yes, dry micro cloth which just smears it around. At first I thought they were scratches. :eek: I don't think there's any pollen in the air as it's been too cold, and nothing is even budding yet. I've lived here for 14 years and never experienced this, so I don't think it's car pollution?

I can feel them under my fingertips....teeny grains of sort of sand-like bits, that just smear with a thick grease that is super hard to remove.

IT IS SO WEIRD.

I'm hoping the HEPA filter will dispose of them?

Back
Top Bottom