Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Lots of tips in this article…
http://macrumors.com/roundup/ios-16/

I’ve now got MobiTog pinned to the top of the tabs, and here’s a photo I lifted from Smitten Kitchen (her recipes are amazing <drool>). FYI, you can only lift images from Safari, which is why I couldn’t get it to work in Google.

1663713732391.png

Lots of tips in this article…
http://macrumors.com/roundup/ios-16/

I’ve now got MobiTog pinned to the top of the tabs, and here’s a photo I lifted from Smitten Kitchen (her recipes are amazing <drool>). FYI, you can only lift images from Safari, which is why I couldn’t get it to work in Google.

View attachment 185750

I upgraded yesterday, it works amazingly well on photos and exports a really neat Mask into Snapseed etc.
You guys are way ahead of me. I’m still playing with my wallpaper options….. :lmao:

You can now point your camera at any language and it will translate! I Googled “Japanese paragraphs”, pointed my camera and it totally converted it to English. AMAZING! This is a game changer for those who travel internationally.

Also, any time something is underlined (like times, dates, currencies, temperature), long press it and see what pops up! I sent a text that said 23° Celsius, after it sent it was now underlined, I long pressed and voila!!

1663902492598.png

Anybody worked out how to launch a third party camera app from the Lock Screen. I’ve read I’ve tried and I’ve given up

Anybody worked out how to launch a third party camera app from the Lock Screen. I’ve read I’ve tried and I’ve given up
I can’t find any mention of this. I can see third party authentication apps, but nothing about a camera app.:( Maybe it’s been buried under all the talk of “shake” on the iPhone 14.

Apparently, you can now save an edit (everything but cropping) to use on another photo. Once you’ve edited an image in the Native Camera App, go to … More and it gives you the opportunity to save that edit to use on another photo.

You can now point your camera at any language and it will translate! I Googled “Japanese paragraphs”, pointed my camera and it totally converted it to English. AMAZING! This is a game changer for those who travel internationally.

Also, any time something is underlined (like times, dates, currencies, temperature), long press it and see what pops up! I sent a text that said 23° Celsius, after it sent it was now underlined, I long pressed and voila!!

View attachment 185823
Yes! At the museum we came upon a paper scroll that was clearly a daily journal sort of thing in spanish. We use the translate to find out it was a daily prayer. This whole reverse sort of looking up stuff is slowly our progress in cataloging boxed items tremendously. :lmao:

For anybody who's interested:

It turns out that developers have to update their apps to make them available as widgets for the lock screen. So on my iPhone, I found only Halide and Camera+ available, while ProCamera, CameraPixels, and others weren't yet. Have to wait for updates of those.

I discovered (by accident) there are two ways to go. You can bring up your lock screen and then tap and hold on it, which will then morph into this:

IMG_3151.jpg

You can then tap Customize.

Or you can go to Settings > Wallpaper, where you'll see this:

IMG_3152.jpg

Tap on the lefthand Customize button.

Either way you go, you should end up here:

IMG_3153.jpg

Tap in the Add Widgets area, and you'll get a list of the available widgets.

It turns out that developers have to update their apps to make them available as widgets for the lock screen. So on my iPhone, I found only Halide and Camera+ available, while ProCamera, CameraPixels, and others weren't yet. Have to wait for updates of those.

I discovered (by accident) there are two ways to go. You can bring up your lock screen and then tap and hold on it, which will then morph into this:

View attachment 185847

View attachment 185846

View attachment 185845

My list of widgets is very limited and doesn't include any cameras.

If you have the latest Halide or Camera+, they should show, but those are the only two I know of for sure. (I have quite a few camera apps :rolleyes: )
All I found was ProCamera, but when I looked at ProCamera I found some images that I hadn’t downloaded, so that’s a result!:D

View attachment 185847

View attachment 185846

View attachment 185845

Thanks Ted I had been down that route, HipstamaticX has already updated its app to allow for the widgets as did camera plus but neither are showing up

Thanks Ted I had been down that route, HipstamaticX has already updated its app to allow for the widgets as did camera plus but neither are showing up
Keep checking now and then. Jilly said she found ProCamera, but I had the latest update and still hadn't seen it. Suddenly, it's there now. (Maybe Jilly is the key.)

That happened when I ordered the 13. It came a month early. Good for you!!! And deep purple, too!
Yes, it’s pretty! But it’s all moot once I put a case on it. :( I’ll probably keep the case off while in the house, but not outside. I’m nervous about dropping it since it’s so big and those beautiful camera lenses stick out so far now.

Back
Top Bottom