what app was it? help wanted ...

esotopia

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Thomas J. Klamm aka TJK
Device
Hi @ll,

i have plenty of apps on my device. obviously too many to remember what each of them can do. (me was born as "hunter & collector")
The attached image was edited (by me) on my iphone - but if have absolutely no idea, which app produced the nice waterdrop effect.
Would you know that?

btw: this screenshot may explain my "feeling lost in abundance" ...

Attachments

• 57B8838F-2786-49D8-9905-3EA9F53B8C3A.jpeg
    57B8838F-2786-49D8-9905-3EA9F53B8C3A.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 3C2C5491-3203-47C6-A5E4-551CC1549E7C.jpeg
    3C2C5491-3203-47C6-A5E4-551CC1549E7C.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi @ll,

i have plenty of apps on my device. obviously too many to remember what each of them can do. (me was born as "hunter & collector")
The attached image was edited (by me) on my iphone - but if have absolutely no idea, which app produced the nice waterdrop effect.
Would you know that?

I have no idea which app you might have used, but I like the result!

Hi @ll,

Would you know that?

I don’t know what app either but, wanted you to know that you are in good company here. Many of us are appoholics. I can’t count the times someone has mentioned an app and I dash off to buy it, only to find out I already own it. :rolleyes:

Hi @ll,

Would you know that?

Argh. I know I've seen it or something like with a raindrop overlay, but I can't remember it right now. Maybe juryjone knows?

Hi @ll,

Would you know that?

Agh, I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think. Repix has a raindrops brush, but the drops aren’t as big as that. I was then thinking iColorama, but I couldn’t find anything there. I’m stumped, but I won’t give up. Edit: you can also make your own raindrops in Affinity! Who knew.

Last edited:
Agh, I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think. Repix has a raindrops brush, but the drops aren’t as big as that. I was then thinking iColorama, but I couldn’t find anything there. I’m stumped, but I won’t give up. Edit: you can also make your own raindrops in Affinity! Who knew.
Hi Jilly,
thanx humongously for torturing your brain for me. :cool:
i definitely could produce some waterdrops by "constructing" them manually. but ... being as lazy as i was born, i'd really love to rediscover that app, which in my remembrance produced the whole "splish splash" with just one ... ähh ... click ...

cheers,

Hi Jilly,
thanx humongously for torturing your brain for me. :cool:
i definitely could produce some waterdrops by "constructing" them manually. but ... being as lazy as i was born, i'd really love to rediscover that app, which in my remembrance produced the whole "splish splash" with just one ... ähh ... click ...

cheers,
Photoshop Express has a raindrops overlay. Not sure if that’s what you used for the original above, but

Photoshop Express has a raindrops overlay. Not sure if that’s what you used for the original above, but
photoShop is on my blacklist. i boycott this software on any platform as consequently as the devil does with holy water ;-)

photoShop is on my blacklist. i boycott this software on any platform as consequently as the devil does with holy water ;-)
I don’t blame you. I’ve just deleted it from my device, but I know it produces something like your image.

Hi @ll,

Would you know that?

Only one I know is PhotoPhix but the drops don’t look as natural as these.

Hi Ann,
thanx for the hint. i do have PhotoPhix (obviously of course...) but i wouldn't know where to look for this very feature. Anyway, it's a nice app to create a pretty total mess ...

View attachment 175665
The setting is the three dots near the end of the bottom menu and then the droplets on the top menu.

7D0468F7-0E92-44EB-9548-539DA88E0E11.png

oh, oh ...
i'm so sorry! mea culpa, mea maxima ...
my memory returned. i didn't use an app. (watching ashamed with red cheeks my naked feet) ... it's (just) a transparent overlay, that by chance evoked the impression of a light refraction effect. call me Prof. Amnesia ...

sorry, sorry, sorry!
and/but huge thanx to @ll

oh, oh ...
my memory returned. i didn't use an app. (watching ashamed with red cheeks my naked feet) ... it's (just) a transparent overlay, that by chance evoked the impression of a light refraction effect. call me Prof. Amnesia ...

sorry, sorry, sorry!
I wondered if that might be the case but it did a great job - better than any app.

ah, ja ... probably not what i originally used, but kinda "droppy"
too bad, that there's nothing to adjust. but huge thanx for your hint!

cheers,

View attachment 175672
You can adjust them with the slider at the top. It changes opacity, size and cluster in that order but I didn’t find that it made it better. Larger droplets were very pixelated. Just the cluster might be helpful with less bubbles.

oh, oh ...

sorry, sorry, sorry!
If I could remember every step of every image I‘ve created ……. There would be no room left in my brain for anything else!!! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom