Real Name
Christer
Device
Sony
The Sisters Of Mercy, Stockholm Sweden Sep. 9 2017

iP SE.

Fourth time. 1991/2009/2011/2017.

IMG_1067.JPG

Great image, I'm familiar with the Floodland album, although I've not listened to it in a LONG time. They only made 3 albums right?

Sadly, yes. The singer/only constant member got into some "I hate record companies" insanity back in the mid-90's. But, before Floodland, but after the end of the "original" band, he released a (short) album, Gift, under the name The Sisterhood - to stop the two other members from calling their new band exactly that - The Sisterhood - by releasing a piece of vinyl before they had a chance (they changed name to The Mission instead). He did not sing, some contractual mess, only produced, wrote the songs, played some instruments (I think) and used hired singers. One of the songs, Colours, ended up on Floodland as well.

And, to get rid of some bad record company contract, he also released a very useless, dreadful album filled with instrumental techno tracks - and all drum sounds removed! The album title - and "band name" is SSV, which, according to lots of people, stands for Screw Shareholder Value.

Sorry, I drifted away. What can I say? I'm a fan. Or a nerd. Or both :alien: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom