What You Would See, If You Lived Near Me

lamkentucky

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Leslee Moore
Device
I love the fact that MobiToggers come from all over the world. And, I love seeing photos from all the different hometowns and/or countries.

On the off chance that there is at least one person who might be interested in what central Kentucky, USA, looks like, I thought I'd start a new ongoing project. I am also willing to share, so if anyone else wants to post to this thread, it is fine with me!

First post shortly!

Sent from my iPhone via the MobiTog app

Horses, particularly thoroughbreds, define Lexington, Kentucky, in a major way. Thoroughbred Park, a small park on the east edge of downtown, is a great place to see bronze versions.

ProCamera • Snapseed (the first two)

image-3751449890.jpg

image-2041924413.jpg

ProCamera • Snapseed • AurynCam

image-3996245856.jpg

mahoganyturtle said:
Wow they are so detailed!

The artist is Gwen Reardon, and her work is absolutely phenomenal!

Lexington's first "skyscraper" was designed by the renowned architectural firm of McKim Mead & White and was erected in 1913-14. It was the Fayette National Bank, and remained a bank for many years. Now it is offices, mostly attorneys; but, it will become a 21C Hotel in the next few years. The 21C owners are very respectful and supportive of historic building preservation and will keep the facade intact.

ProCamera • Snapseed for cropping • ScratchCam

image-1000075961.jpg

Robert Lancaster said:
I have never been to the USA ... but now if I do ever make it I will be visiting Kentucky! :)

Love this series Leslee!

Thanks, Robert! We'll look forward to seeing you! :)

Lexington's first "skyscraper" was designed by the renowned architectural firm of McKim Mead & White and was erected in 1913-14. It was the Fayette National Bank, and remained a bank for many years. Now it is offices, mostly attorneys; but, it will become a 21C Hotel in the next few years. The 21C owners are very respectful and supportive of historic building preservation and will keep the facade intact.

ProCamera • Snapseed for cropping • ScratchCam

View attachment 22244

Perfect processing for this shot! :D

Back
Top Bottom