Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

IMG_5513.JPG

As I'm still recovering from the crud (flu?) and not yet up to snug we have been watching tv, writing letters, making postcards, and taking life easy. I hope to be up to an outing tomorrow. In the meantime, they've met my little friends and even though no one was quite certain how to take a troll, they have become quite friendly with one another. They are looking forward to a sleepover.
View attachment 88372

How great that you're writing letters and making postcards... I feel like things like this are becoming a lost art.

Now that there is such a troupe and I have smallish hands and a big phone/camera I have been wondering how to safely transport our friends...I think I have it :)
IMG_5475.JPG

So as soon as I am showered we will all get our duds on and go to town to see what we can find interesting, if anything. Things slow down when it gets cold outside :)

Now that there is such a troupe and I have smallish hands and a big phone/camera I have been wondering how to safely transport our friends...I think I have it :)
View attachment 88394
So as soon as I am showered we will all get our duds on and go to town to see what we can find interesting, if anything. Things slow down when it gets cold outside :)
Ahhhh, a playpen. Good idea. :thumbs:

Our first outing together went smoothly, everyone bundled up in their cold weather gear and nicely packed into their playpen for easier travel. First stop was the pharmacy.
IMG_5532.JPG

I didn't realize before that the pharmacist is a little lacking in humour. Oh well, now he probably thinks I'm dotty...

Next we went to the park...well,
IMG_5534.JPG

We TRIED to go to the park only to find it securely locked against visitors. [emoji20]
Everyone climbed up on the gate to at least get a look at what might have been...

And then as Tillie was tragically thrown to the ground by unseen hands, just as the playpen went sailing, we realized it was
V-E-R-Y windy!!!!
IMG_5535.JPG

Poor Tillie Troll, she went airborne just as I snapped the photo, we will forever be reminded of the moment by her vacant spot in the lineup.

Delete this photo please, the one above has the words in the correct place

IMG_5543.JPG
OK, screwed up the previous post and if it gets deleted Then this will seem like a silly sentence ...but....even though the Park was closed the statue at the entrance was available. The town began a project which included a new base around the statue. It was quite striking before, I'm interested in seeing what it looks like when they have completed their renovation. In the meantime though, with Tillie Troll still being a. It shaken up and everyone else still astonished by the fake force winds, we opted for a safe photo of the improved monument :)

IMG_5545.JPG
They were so excited to see our snow and Joey really wanted to get a snowball fight underway...so we stopped at a small snow mound so he could experience Michigan snow. It's a good thing I'm tall or they would have been over the top and who knows what might have happened then...

View attachment 88439 They were so excited to see our snow and Joey really wanted to get a snowball fight underway...so we stopped at a small snow mound so he could experience Michigan snow. It's a good thing I'm tall or they would have been over the top and who knows what might have happened then...
:lol:

View attachment 88438 OK, screwed up the previous post and if it gets deleted Then this will seem like a silly sentence ...but....even though the Park was closed the statue at the entrance was available. The town began a project which included a new base around the statue. It was quite striking before, I'm interested in seeing what it looks like when they have completed their renovation. In the meantime though, with Tillie Troll still being a. It shaken up and everyone else still astonished by the fake force winds, we opted for a safe photo of the improved monument :)

Love to read your stories! And they seem to have a wonderful time with you. Yeah! Snow! What they've been waiting for all the time. [emoji106][emoji1]
And then Tilly! You really scared me, I thought she flew away behind the gates and you couldn't reach her anymore. Good to know they are all safe.
Lovely stories! [emoji177]
And hope you'll get rid of you flue soon! To play with the troupe in the snow might not be beneficial, but it distracts the thought about it. [emoji4]
Get well soon!

View attachment 88439 They were so excited to see our snow and Joey really wanted to get a snowball fight underway...so we stopped at a small snow mound so he could experience Michigan snow. It's a good thing I'm tall or they would have been over the top and who knows what might have happened then...
Very nice pics, I am enjoying this stage of their journey. We had around 3" of very light snow (huge flakes) and only a little wind this morning so everything is now back to the pristine white, probably means I will have to shovel tomorrow as I have to take Karen to the lab again. Have a good time with the crew and hopefully your flu is short lived...

Our first outing together went smoothly, everyone bundled up in their cold weather gear and nicely packed into their playpen for easier travel. First stop was the pharmacy.
View attachment 88432
I didn't realize before that the pharmacist is a little lacking in humour. Oh well, now he probably thinks I'm dotty...
LOL! I'd love to have seen the pharmacist's face. :lol: I suppose we're ALL a bit dotty, eh? :lol:

Next we went to the park...well,
View attachment 88433
We TRIED to go to the park only to find it securely locked against visitors. [emoji20]
Everyone climbed up on the gate to at least get a look at what might have been...

And then as Tillie was tragically thrown to the ground by unseen hands, just as the playpen went sailing, we realized it was
V-E-R-Y windy!!!!
View attachment 88434
Poor Tillie Troll, she went airborne just as I snapped the photo, we will forever be reminded of the moment by her vacant spot in the lineup.

View attachment 88438 OK, screwed up the previous post and if it gets deleted Then this will seem like a silly sentence ...but....even though the Park was closed the statue at the entrance was available. The town began a project which included a new base around the statue. It was quite striking before, I'm interested in seeing what it looks like when they have completed their renovation. In the meantime though, with Tillie Troll still being a. It shaken up and everyone else still astonished by the fake force winds, we opted for a safe photo of the improved monument :)
Looks like they're having fun despite the wee mishap.

I believe this is their first experience with snow! :D

Last edited:
View attachment 88432
I found that some people didn't really "get" it. I think it says more about them than it does about us. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom