Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

I found that some people didn't really "get" it. I think it says more about them than it does about us. :thumbs:

That reminds me of the guide who was curious at the Goethe Haus and after I told him these were American travellers he was so helpful and nice. I found some lack of sensibility and humour and others you don't expect have it. [emoji4] was really an experience, but I never (at least very rarely) give a damn what others think of me. Take me as I am or ignore me. I'm fine with both sides. [emoji1]

That reminds me of the guide who was curious at the Goethe Haus and after I told him these were American travellers he was so helpful and nice. I found some lack of sensibility and humour and others you don't expect have it. [emoji4] was really an experience, but I never (at least very rarely) give a damn what others think of me. Take me as I am or ignore me. I'm fine with both sides. [emoji1]
We'll take you as you are. :inlove:

How great that you're writing letters and making postcards... I feel like things like this are becoming a lost art.

I agree, and instead of resolutions this year I decided to hand write and send at least one letter a month to someone. Then last week while I was recovering but still abed, I learned there's a thing called InCoWriMo (international correspondence writing month) that takes place every February. I don't know when it began, but I was happy to learn that for once in my life I am in vogue :)
It seems the only thing people get in the mail is junk or bills & I remember how wonderful it was to get a card for no reason or a letter. It certainly excites my grandchildren to get something in the mail :) so I'm trying to keep it alive. I'm certainly dusting off some very long unused calligraphy skills. And when I think of the hours of practice wasted when I switched to a keyboard...well...I'm happy to be picking it up once again :)

Finally! A sunny day!
IMG_5569.JPG

Everyone is basking and giving the snow the raspberries. They are such a fun group :)

I agree, and instead of resolutions this year I decided to hand write and send at least one letter a month to someone. Then last week while I was recovering but still abed, I learned there's a thing called InCoWriMo (international correspondence writing month) that takes place every February. I don't know when it began, but I was happy to learn that for once in my life I am in vogue :)
It seems the only thing people get in the mail is junk or bills & I remember how wonderful it was to get a card for no reason or a letter. It certainly excites my grandchildren to get something in the mail :) so I'm trying to keep it alive. I'm certainly dusting off some very long unused calligraphy skills. And when I think of the hours of practice wasted when I switched to a keyboard...well...I'm happy to be picking it up once again :)

That's wonderful!!! I used to write and mail so many cards and letters.... you're inspiring me.

No earring, but for some reason the sun hit her ear and sparkled (maybe an errant fleck of glitter) so I just have a little help to be a bit brighter. Had big plans for today and when I went out to start the car a monsoon hit! Umbrella in the house of course :( and had to throw my coat in the dryer for a few minutes so I wouldn't be soaked through. Then the wind picked up and I decided to let the group stay in where it was warm while I went to the dr. (Med check, nothing serious) I came straight back home and we will try an outing again tomorrow or the next day.
So no earring, but Roxy now has a coat of sorts as does Tillie so they are better prepared for the snow when we get back outside :)

No earring, but for some reason the sun hit her ear and sparkled (maybe an errant fleck of glitter) so I just have a little help to be a bit brighter. Had big plans for today and when I went out to start the car a monsoon hit! Umbrella in the house of course :( and had to throw my coat in the dryer for a few minutes so I wouldn't be soaked through. Then the wind picked up and I decided to let the group stay in where it was warm while I went to the dr. (Med check, nothing serious) I came straight back home and we will try an outing again tomorrow or the next day.
So no earring, but Roxy now has a coat of sorts as does Tillie so they are better prepared for the snow when we get back outside :)

[emoji1][emoji106][emoji177]

Not the best time to visit an old arthritic woman it appears. The week they were traveling here (and I was sick in bed) was beautiful & warm for Michigan winter. Once the "kids" arrived, winter was hot on their heels and it has been WINDY, wet and COLD. So poor things have been house trapped and thankfully they enjoy listening to all forms of music, they really loved "The Gilmore Girls" even though we still have a couple of seasons to go and they liked "Twilight" Dolly & Molly got a little nervous when Edward was telling Bella what being a vegetarian vampire means [emoji15], but otherwise they liked it. Today was supposed to be our outing until we woke up and it was only 9 degrees and very windy outside. We opted for another Netflix and warm day instead...perhaps tomorrow we can squeeze in some more sight - seeing.
IMG_5667.JPG

This was our high for the day.

Not the best time to visit an old arthritic woman it appears. The week they were traveling here (and I was sick in bed) was beautiful & warm for Michigan winter. Once the "kids" arrived, winter was hot on their heels and it has been WINDY, wet and COLD. So poor things have been house trapped and thankfully they enjoy listening to all forms of music, they really loved "The Gilmore Girls" even though we still have a couple of seasons to go and they liked "Twilight" Dolly & Molly got a little nervous when Edward was telling Bella what being a vegetarian vampire means [emoji15], but otherwise they liked it. Today was supposed to be our outing until we woke up and it was only 9 degrees and very windy outside. We opted for another Netflix and warm day instead...perhaps tomorrow we can squeeze in some more sight - seeing.
View attachment 88660

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] you poor thing! Think you don't have to worry about the kids. They love watching telly and if you give them the cards out I bet they will teach the new joined friends how to play "Swim". And with that many they can play for ages without being bored and you can rest. [emoji4]
Hope it's getting warmer soon. [emoji177]

View attachment 88660

[emoji1][emoji177][emoji177][emoji177] Staying warm indoors on a cold day watching Netflix sounds pretty near perfect!

View attachment 88660
They'll be plenty of time for sightseeing Ryn, don't worry. I'd like to see more of Roxy's jumper though. I can see it's green. :D

It's really more like a shawl, her shoulders were cold and everyone else is so much shorter they don't really snuggle at shoulder height. So...in order to accommodate Joey I fashioned something like a shawl to protect her shoulders and back from the cold & wind we've been having.
IMG_5705.JPG

And since several people were concerned with Tillie being cold I fashioned a full body shawl for her as well....I couldn't find my camo fabric so they got the green ;)

It's really more like a shawl, her shoulders were cold and everyone else is so much shorter they don't really snuggle at shoulder height. So...in order to accommodate Joey I fashioned something like a shawl to protect her shoulders and back from the cold & wind we've been having.
View attachment 88693
And since several people were concerned with Tillie being cold I fashioned a full body shawl for her as well....I couldn't find my camo fabric so they got the green ;)
Perfect. Love them.:inlove:

View attachment 88693

I just love the shawl. She looks tres chic.

Sunshine!!!! We are all geeked! Now, if I didn't have to sit here waiting for the internet service guy we could have an adventure!
View attachment 88892

Yay! [emoji106][emoji1]
An you really know how to put a special effect into the picture. What most of us do with LensFlare and such are you doing live with real glass and glitter. [emoji1] Great! [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom