Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

A very special package arrived today!!! :inlove: I'm literally walking out the door to work an event, so the releasing from captivity must wait until tonight!

View attachment 92928
Agh, I can hear them crying "Let me out! Let me out!". I can't believe they've been all over the world and now they're back with you. It gives me faith in the world's postal system. :thumbs::D

I'm so happy they arrived safely. I must say that I think I have exemplary mail service here. The USPS seems to be at its best. My mail carrier has actually correctly delivered mail here that was addressed to Grandma by the airport in Hastings. I have neighbors....surely I'm not the only grandma on this mile...oh well...I digress...glad they arrived safely. I'm excited at you opening the box :)

At least you have good mail service there. Canada Post seems to be going downhill in a hurry but has always been sort of hit and miss.
One year I did contract work out in North Bay Ontario and was going to miss my daughters birthday so I mailed it to her almost two weeks ahead of time and never got there, showed up almost a month after I mailed it and thats only going half way across Canada.
Then the odd time things work good.
They are now talking about price going up again and doing away with door to door delivery. New developments start off with the mail superboxes that can be up to a mile or so from your house. We still get mail delivery here but they have been talking about where to put the superboxes.

Today I opened the box containing Dolly & Crew, and felt surprisingly emotional as I took out all the carefully wrapped items. A year ago Dolly and a crystal heart left on this journey, and look what it grew into. [emoji173]️[emoji290][emoji94][emoji173]️

I'd forgotten about some of the travel tokens our wonderful hosts had added, but pulling out each item and remembering the photos that were posted, and seeing it all together.... it really kind of filled my heart. Although I'm a bit sad that the journey has ended (for now, anyway.... the gang will be accompanying me to our Epic Meetup in June!!) it's so wonderful to have this travel diary collection. [emoji7]

IMG_5068.JPG

Image1493491487.919257.jpg

IMG_5071.JPG

And this very sweet and thoughtful gift from GroovyGouvy: A beautifully crafted tiny paper village puzzle of Frankfurt - this will be fun to do this weekend! (If my muddled brain can figure it out, that is... [emoji848]) Thank you so much, Gouvy. It's just lovely. :inlove: xoxo

IMG_5070.JPG

p.s. Ryn S, your note is lovely, and written in such beautiful calligraphy! :inlove: Was such a treat to hold and read (handwritten anything has become so obsolete!)

Today I opened the box containing Dolly & Crew, and felt surprisingly emotional as I took out all the carefully wrapped items. A year ago Dolly and a crystal heart left on this journey, and look what it grew into. [emoji173]️[emoji290][emoji94][emoji173]️

I'd forgotten about some of the travel tokens our wonderful hosts had added, but pulling out each item and remembering the photos that were posted, and seeing it all together.... it really kind of filled my heart. Although I'm a bit sad that the journey has ended (for now, anyway.... the gang will be accompanying me to our Epic Meetup in June!!) it's so wonderful to have this travel diary collection. [emoji7]

View attachment 92985

View attachment 92986

View attachment 92987

And this very sweet and thoughtful gift from GroovyGouvy: A beautifully crafted tiny paper village puzzle of Frankfurt - this will be fun to do this weekend! (If my muddled brain can figure it out, that is... [emoji848]) Thank you so much, Gouvy. It's just lovely. :inlove: xoxo

View attachment 92988

p.s. Ryn S, your note is lovely, and written in such beautiful calligraphy! :inlove: Was such a treat to hold and read (handwritten anything has become so obsolete!)
I hope the tiger eye was in one of the boxes because I never saw it. After I had the box re packed and ready to go it felt like it might not hold up to much so just for the heck of it I held it
Over the white box to see if they were about the same size, thinking I'd re-pack it all into the white box but it slipped right inside like it belonged there....so double boxing was born.
And I have to tell you, as I unpacked them on their arrival here I swear I could feel the energies of all those who had so lovingly packed them up for their next leg of the journey. When I packed them all back up, it was a labor of love and awe at the number of mobifamily who had contributed to this event. Soooo many amazing talents and warm hearts in one group. I am in awe. Kindred spirits most certainly and I've already grown incredibly fond of my mobisisters and mobibrothers. :)

I hope the tiger eye was in one of the boxes because I never saw it. After I had the box re packed and ready to go it felt like it might not hold up to much so just for the heck of it I held it
Over the white box to see if they were about the same size, thinking I'd re-pack it all into the white box but it slipped right inside like it belonged there....so double boxing was born.
And I have to tell you, as I unpacked them on their arrival here I swear I could feel the energies of all those who had so lovingly packed them up for their next leg of the journey. When I packed them all back up, it was a labor of love and awe at the number of mobifamily who had contributed to this event. Soooo many amazing talents and warm hearts in one group. I am in awe. Kindred spirits most certainly and I've already grown incredibly fond of my mobisisters and mobibrothers. :)
I didn't see the tiger eye.... :confused: Maybe it fell out and decided it liked Michigan best. :D

Yes... I felt the same about the energy packed into that box. :inlove: And I agree.... we really are a family here. That's why I love it so much.

No, I didn't see the Tiger's Eye either. I didn't unpack the box from Gouvy, I just took out the traveller's and put them back in when it was time to leave. It was fun taking them to places. Most people were happy to have their photo taken with them, and the people that weren't ... Pfft.

View attachment 92985

View attachment 92986

View attachment 92987

View attachment 92988

This makes my heart so happy!!!:inlove: Thank you Catherine for organizing this adventure of Dolly's and for bringing our MobiFamily just a little closer together!!:inlove:

I'm so happy to hear and see the girls are back in town along with the boys. [emoji106][emoji177][emoji1]
When they picked the Frankfurt puzzle for you, RoseCat, at the teddy bear shop, Dolly was "damn sure" you'll be able to put it together. [emoji1] And you proved her right (remember, she was the only one who ever met you before! [emoji23]). It looks lovely!
And nope, no tiger eye I remember to have seen. Wasn't it bought at this wonderful shop somewhere in the US? I know I haven't seen it, but thinking back, I know I was puzzled for a moment and didn't realise why. To that time I thought it was about the shoes I then remembered where still in Santa Cruz and swiped it away. The shoes are still there? Maybe the eye of the tiger, too? [emoji848][emoji15][emoji1]
Gosh it so many lovely photos you did with their stuff they collected on their way. Happy the whisky is still full and they don't get drunk. [emoji23] it seems they even weren't hungry on the way because their gummy bears are still untouched. [emoji1] Looking forward to see them again at MobiMeet. [emoji177]
And just to let you know, their plates are handmade by me with Fimo. [emoji4]
That was a great journey for all of us. Thanks to all hosters and posters to make such a wonderful picture book. I'm sure visiting the gallery again, soon. And don't forget the "side thread" with the missing days. [emoji4]

at the teddy bear shop, Dolly was "damn sure" you'll be able to put it together.
emoji1.png
I'm touched by her confidence in me... :D

And nope, no tiger eye I remember to have seen. Wasn't it bought at this wonderful shop somewhere in the US? I know I haven't seen it, but thinking back, I know I was puzzled for a moment and didn't realise why. To that time I thought it was about the shoes I then remembered where still in Santa Cruz and swiped it away. The shoes are still there? Maybe the eye of the tiger, too?
emoji848.png
emoji15.png
emoji1.png
Hmmmmm.... maybe we have a new project?? "Where in the World is the Tiger Eye??" and we all have to travel around to find it! o_O :zip:

it seems they even weren't hungry on the way because their gummy bears are still untouched.
emoji1.png
Trust me, I have thought of eating them.... I'm a bit obsessed with Haribo gummies.... :whistle: :drool: :zip:

And just to let you know, their plates are handmade by me with Fimo.
emoji4.png
I knew it was you! So very clever... :inlove:
And don't forget the "side thread" with the missing days.
emoji4.png
Yes!! If you all haven't done so already, be sure to check out this thread too!! --------> https://www.mobitog.com/threads/dolly-co-the-missing-days.22290/

I'm touched by her confidence in me... :D

Hmmmmm.... maybe we have a new project?? "Where in the World is the Tiger Eye??" and we all have to travel around to find it! o_O :zip:

Trust me, I have thought of eating them.... I'm a bit obsessed with Haribo gummies.... :whistle: :drool: :zip:

I knew it was you! So very clever... :inlove:

Yes!! If you all haven't done so already, be sure to check out this thread too!! --------> https://www.mobitog.com/threads/dolly-co-the-missing-days.22290/
1. [emoji4]
2. [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] great idea!!
3. Good to know! Are they available in America? I don't like fresh ones, I buy the pack and open it. After approx half a year or even whole year they are "ripe" for me. [emoji16]
4. You can even see them on the pictures but there was always something to eat on it. [emoji1]
5. Yes! Isn't the meerkat one a hilarious picture? [emoji23]

3. Good to know! Are they available in America? I don't like fresh ones, I buy the pack and open it. After approx half a year or even whole year they are "ripe" for me.
emoji16.png
Yes, we (unfortunately?) have Haribo gummies. I try not to buy them very often... I'll buy a big jumbo bag and it really doesn't last very long. They're terrible for my teeth too (and I'm quite sure the dyes used for the colors aren't healthy as I always feel a bit *weird* after eating mass quantities... :rolleyes:) Interesting that you like them stale! I'm pretty sure the gummies that came with the Gang would probably break my teeth, LOL!! For me, they've gotta be fresh...

1. [emoji4]
2. [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] great idea!!
3. Good to know! Are they available in America? I don't like fresh ones, I buy the pack and open it. After approx half a year or even whole year they are "ripe" for me. [emoji16]
4. You can even see them on the pictures but there was always something to eat on it. [emoji1]
5. Yes! Isn't the meerkat one a hilarious picture? [emoji23]

Yes, we (unfortunately?) have Haribo gummies. I try not to buy them very often... I'll buy a big jumbo bag and it really doesn't last very long. They're terrible for my teeth too (and I'm quite sure the dyes used for the colors aren't healthy as I always feel a bit *weird* after eating mass quantities... :rolleyes:) Interesting that you like them stale! I'm pretty sure the gummies that came with the Gang would probably break my teeth, LOL!! For me, they've gotta be fresh...
I like Gummy Bears and lots of other candy, my favourite though is Wine Gums and those I like to let them dry out some. I have some still in a container from Christmas that are nice and hard. Bought more about 2 weeks ago and they are "Aging" in another container. I leave the top off and have a piece of cheese cloth held on with an elastic to keep insects out.

Last week I took Karen over to a place called Bulk Barn, everything is sold in bulk so you can get as much as you like and their prices are pretty good, better then Superstore or Walmart. They have specials all the time and I got some of these:
IMG_2108.JPG

Gummy's only they look like Carrots. They have some of the regular Bear's including some bigger ones though I have not seen any of the 5lb ones :)

Well, the German bears are said to be with natural colours, though they even invented blue ones now (blueberry flavour). So they should be completely natural … but not vegetarian. Though maybe vegan? [emoji15] And more healthy than other sweets I've been told. [emoji4]

I like Gummy Bears and lots of other candy, my favourite though is Wine Gums and those I like to let them dry out some. I have some still in a container from Christmas that are nice and hard. Bought more about 2 weeks ago and they are "Aging" in another container. I leave the top off and have a piece of cheese cloth held on with an elastic to keep insects out.

Last week I took Karen over to a place called Bulk Barn, everything is sold in bulk so you can get as much as you like and their prices are pretty good, better then Superstore or Walmart. They have specials all the time and I got some of these:
View attachment 93062
Gummy's only they look like Carrots. They have some of the regular Bear's including some bigger ones though I have not seen any of the 5lb ones :)

Gummy carrots! Marvellous! Cool you like them aged, too! [emoji1] it's such a shame that you can't choose to buy "aged" or "fresh" like cheeses mature and young. [emoji1]
But at least tastes and shapes seem to be endless.
So many things to chew from! [emoji1]

It's rather early since we don't fly out until next Sunday, but the gang has been suffering from cabin fever after their year of traveling and just cannot wait to see everyone!!

Accommodations are a bit cramped, but they're used to it from all the traveling, and luckily are dear friends and happy to be together. :D

IMG_5379.JPG

It's rather early since we don't fly out until next Sunday, but the gang has been suffering from cabin fever after their year of traveling and just cannot wait to see everyone!!

Accommodations are a bit cramped, but they're used to it from all the traveling, and luckily are dear friends and happy to be together. :D

View attachment 94597
Just as well they're contained or they'd be running about falling over each other and getting in your way while you decide what to pack. They'll be visiting old friends in Norfolk.:D

View attachment 94597

That reminds me also to search for my English plug. Meanwhile I've got so many that I could serve a whole house, but am happy if I find one to carry with me. [emoji1]
Can't wait to see the gang including their mom. [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom