Where in the World - Subject to Interpretation 16

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Venomator said:
As discussed in AlyZen's thread in Suggestions > Subject to Interpretation < the thought behind this Challenge is to get an idea of two distinct and unique impressions:

1. Where in the World our MobiMembers live, represented by an unprocessed (nekkid) iPhoneography image of their choosing, from their home location;

2. MobiMembers will then process the image to enhance and emphasise the peculiarities of the chosen location in their own interpretation, no holds barred except that the processing must be carried out in an iDevice - iPhone, iTouch, or iPad.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted > HERE

Specific Rules & Guidelines for this 'Where in the World' Challenge:

1. One unprocessed iPhoneography image will be posted, from somewhere in the World, the home location of and by the MobiMember selected as the next WitW image poster by the current incumbent, once entries have closed;

2. The Challenge will run for most of one week from Sunday, 13th November 2011, closing for entries at, or around, Midnight, Friday, 18th November 2011.

3. The originator of the nekkid image in the current round will then select his/her favourite image and that lucky iPhoneographer will post the next WitW Challenge image, by the Sunday of that weekend, to start the next round - and so it will go, a One Week turn around for this challenge to keep it moving, so you must keep coming back to check progress and whether you are the lucky nekkid imager... :D

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Many thanks to Domtronix for selecting me as this week's nekkid image originator. I must say I enjoyed creating my Dickensian image last week, whilst sitting stuck in traffic on the bus going in to work (normally a 20 minute ride but now taking up to 45 minutes thanks to ongoing roadworks).

Here is this week's image: this is the "Tree of Life" sculpture unveiled by the Australian PM Julia Gillard during the recent CHOGM week here in Perth, Western Australia in October. I nipped out during my lunch break to snap this. My workplace is sandwiched between the Malaysian Airlines (MAS) building and the tall blue and white tower (Bankwest Tower) on the right of the image. Towards the left you can see the AMCOM tower which houses Perth's only revolving restaurant. The sculpture itself sits on the grounds of the Victorian Wesley Church on Hay Street, one of Perth's main pedestrianised malls.
IMG_3781.jpg

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
Right, I'll raise my head above the parapet, then!

image-854517324.png

Firstly, I cropped the image in Snapseed, and added some sharpening and structural detail in the Detail tool.

Then, I opened Decim8, and processed the original three times, using the Fingerlib, Precog1 and Vortron (Redux) presets.
I then used blender twice to mash the three pictures together into one.

Next, I tone mapped the image in Filterstorm.

Then, I blended the original image and the processed image in Blender.

Finally, in Snapseed again, I adjusted the lighting, and the ambience; I sharpened slightly once more, and then framed the picture in the Frame tool.

Great image, had a lot of interesting time processing this one!

Best regards

Roger (vet).

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, Roger, that is one awesome interpretation, really out of this world! I like how you've used Decim8 and Blender, I was never really comfortable with the random effects Decim8 generated, but you've really put it to good use here. Did the colours come from Decim8, cool! It looks almost like a modern abstract painting, I bet it would look really good as a canvas wrap. Love it :inlove:!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
WOW - great interpretations Roger & Gareth!! :thumbs:

GiantBuzzer

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Zach
Here is my crack at it.

Processing:
FX Photo Studio – Square Crop > #73 Symmetry Quad > #74 Night Vison > #169 Linocut 1 > Rotate 90 degrees counter-clockwise
Snapseed – Grunge Filter
Pixlr-o-matic – Rain Filter
iDarkroom HD – Peeling Filter > Brightness Adjustment
Photogene – Improve Dark Photo Filter

My Submission 1.jpg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Here is my crack at it.

Processing:
FX Photo Studio – Square Crop > #73 Symmetry Quad > #74 Night Vison > #169 Linocut 1 > Rotate 90 degrees counter-clockwise
Snapseed – Grunge Filter

View attachment 4745
Love this Zach!! Looks like a tribal print! :thumbs:

woz1966

MobiStar
Reaction score
Here's my attempt. The Tree of Life with a nod to Klimt's version (Your royalty cheque is in the post Gustav).
Blurfx to desat and blur the background.
Google for "Klimt's Tree of Life".
Iris to blend the images.
LensLight for the Lightning and light flare.
Snapseed for the grunge effect.
I think that was it.

2011-11-14_064300 PM-new.jpg

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
woz1966 said:
Here's my attempt. The Tree of Life with a nod to Klimt's version (Your royalty cheque is in the post Gustav).
I think that was it.

Unbelievable!!!! Love it!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I think that was it.

View attachment 4749
OMG!!!! :eek: This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Incredible edit, totally fantastic Woz!!! :inlove::thumbs::thumbs::inlove:

woz1966

MobiStar
Reaction score
With the help of a dodgy hotel wifi connection I've managed to post my entry 4 times, and unless I'm doing something wrong I can't delete 3 of them from the iPhone Mobitog App. Help Mr Forum Administrator!

EDIT - Sorted Woz, these things happen... :D

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom
woz1966 said:
I think that was it.

Fantastic Woz!

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom
Vetican II said:
Right, I'll raise my head above the parapet, then!

Firstly, I cropped the image in Snapseed, and added some sharpening and structural detail in the Detail tool.

Then, I opened Decim8, and processed the original three times, using the Fingerlib, Precog1 and Vortron (Redux) presets.
I then used blender twice to mash the three pictures together into one.

Next, I tone mapped the image in Filterstorm.

Then, I blended the original image and the processed image in Blender.

Finally, in Snapseed again, I adjusted the lighting, and the ambience; I sharpened slightly once more, and then framed the picture in the Frame tool.

Great image, had a lot of interesting time processing this one!

Best regards

Roger (vet).

Wow - incredible Roger. Fantastic image.

woz1966

MobiStar
Reaction score
Here is my crack at it.

Processing:
Snapseed – Grunge Filter

View attachment 4745

This is like a living organism, brilliant!

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
WOW! There I was, thinking you guys had forgotten lil ole me :(, when all the time you were probably busy Apping away, because the quality of the interpretations thus far is staggering!! :thumbs: