Where in the World - Subject to Interpretation 18

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Venomator said:
As discussed in AlyZen's thread in Suggestions > Subject to Interpretation < the thought behind this Challenge is to get an idea of two distinct and unique impressions:

1. Where in the World our MobiMembers live, represented by an unprocessed (nekkid) iPhoneography image of their choosing, from their home location;

2. MobiMembers will then process the image to enhance and emphasise the peculiarities of the chosen location in their own interpretation, no holds barred except that the processing must be carried out in an iDevice - iPhone, iTouch, or iPad.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted > HERE

Specific Rules & Guidelines for this 'Where in the World' Challenge:

1. One unprocessed iPhoneography image will be posted, from somewhere in the World, the home location of and by the MobiMember selected as the next WitW image poster by the current incumbent, once entries have closed;

2. The Challenge will run for most of one week from Sunday, 27th November 2011, closing for entries at, or around, Midnight, Friday, 2nd December 2011.

3. The originator of the nekkid image in the current round will then select his/her favourite image and that lucky iPhoneographer will post the next WitW Challenge image, by the Sunday of that weekend, to start the next round - and so it will go, a One Week turn around for this challenge to keep it moving, so you must keep coming back to check progress and whether you are the lucky nekkid imager... :D

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Mobipeeps, I'd like to thank Woz for picking my interpretation. I decided to post an image of some mangroves as they are very much apart of the Cairns ecology.
This shot was taken a bit north of Cape Tribulation in the late afternoon light. I look forward to seeing your interpretations. :)

image-1041404360.png

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
AlyZen Moonshadow said:
Wow, you're quick off the mark, Aaron :thumbs:, thank you!

I know you like to run a tight ship AlyZen. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

sdgareth

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Gareth Evans
Awesome image, exactly like the north coast of Natal, eastern side of SA.
this should be fun

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
klassklown0 said:
I'm starting early on my interpretation. I used
Simply HDR/Contrasted HDR/Dark Sky
FX Photo Studio-False Mirror, Griffin, Crystal River, Midway, Water Circles, Ancient Canvas. Camera+/Radiant. Iris -Diffused Glow
This is my first attempt so, here goes.

This is a really nice interpretation, klass! I love the colours and textural quality.
It's vibrancy is very uplifting.

Roger.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
And here is my contribution.
I used Dynamic Light, Toonpaint iDarkroom HD and Iris.
The results I blend with Blender.
This is really beautiful!! :inlove:

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
leegwater said:
And here is my contribution.
I used Dynamic Light, Toonpaint iDarkroom HD and Iris.
The results I blend with Blender.

Hmm, nice concept, lovely pastel shades that accentuate the texture-rich subject.
Love the effect of this one!

It's gonna be a hard competition if this quality is kept up!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I'm starting early on my interpretation. I used
Simply HDR/Contrasted HDR/Dark Sky
FX Photo Studio-False Mirror, Griffin, Crystal River, Midway, Water Circles, Ancient Canvas. Camera+/Radiant. Iris -Diffused Glow
This is my first attempt so, here goes.
Really lovely!! Love the HDR sky...:thumbs:

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Some wonderful interpretations already, and so soon into the Challenge! You guys are amazing :thumbs:.

Just a handy hint - when uploading images on Mobitog, remember if using a PC to select "full size" for the image, or if using an iPhone select "insert inline"...that way your images will appear nice and big on the page, and not as thumbnails. Nancy and Jan, I've corrected your images for you this time, so no worries. :)

klassklown0

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Thanks Aly. Insert inline isn't an obvious link to click. When the uploading is finished I see the top left link to go back to the message. I played around with attaching a picture and see where to click for inline insertion.

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
I wrote about the app Magic Hour a few months ago, I was really excited about it. It's a pretty nifty and fun app to process photos with, plus you can save the filters you created, and download other people's filters for free in the in-app Filter Market. (Ok, it does force you to square your image, but with the likes of Iris and Filterstorm, resizing the aspect ratio afterwards is not a problem).

A few days ago I rediscovered it, dusted it off, and now I'm in love with Magic Hour all over again. You can read about the app in my App Review thread here on MobiTog.

Here's my interpretation, done a-la Japanese print style, using only Magic Hour.

image-3623256899.png