Where in the World - Subject to Interpretation 18

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score

I haven't used the two you mention, AlyZen! I like Rays because of the amount of control one has; used sparingly, it adds drama and vision to a picture. On this occasion, I thought it would produce the overblown drama the scene demanded, which was a great image to start with.

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom
Vetican II said:
Ok, I started off by cropping in Snapseed, then added drama No.2 @ 25%
Then I used Sunsetter app, No 2 @ 30%
I then used Silhoutter App, Orange @ 40%
The rays were added in the Rays app, with adjustments to length and opacity.
Returned to Snapseed for 50% sharpening and 30% detail structure enhancing.

Patted cat. Washed up.
Re-patted cat.

Absolutely brilliant Roger - beautiful image. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Vetican II said:
Ok, I started off by cropping in Snapseed, then added drama No.2 @ 25%
Then I used Sunsetter app, No 2 @ 30%
I then used Silhoutter App, Orange @ 40%
The rays were added in the Rays app, with adjustments to length and opacity.
Returned to Snapseed for 50% sharpening and 30% detail structure enhancing.

Patted cat. Washed up.
Re-patted cat.

This is a gorgeous edit! :D Really creative take and interesting app combos. Never heard of Sunsetter or Silhouetter...

Uh oh...

klassklown0

MobiLurver
Reaction score
RoseCat (Catherine) said:
This is a gorgeous edit! :D Really creative take and interesting app combos. Never heard of Sunsetter or Silhouetter...

Uh oh...

Haha

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score

Uh oh...

Thank you very much! Sorry to have added a possible strain to the budget ... :)

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
OK, Aaron, time to decide on this week's winner. Good luck, the standard of entries this week has been staggering. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, You All Rock! :thumbs::cool::lol:

We're going to run this Challenge just 2 more weeks, and then take a break for Christmas and come back mid-January, if that's okay with everyone. We'll start the New Year with an unedited image from the final week's winner. Week 20 will be the last for 2011. Aly :)

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
AlyZen Moonshadow said:
OK, Aaron, time to decide on this week's winner. Good luck, the standard of entries this week has been staggering. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, You All Rock! :thumbs::cool::lol:

We're going to run this Challenge just 2 more weeks, and then take a break for Christmas and come back mid-January, if that's okay with everyone. We'll start the New Year with an unedited image from the final week's winner. Week 20 will be the last for 2011. Aly :)

That sounds like a good plan...something to look forward to after the holiday hysteria!!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
AlyZen Moonshadow said:

Sounds good! A great way to start the new year!

klassklown0

MobiLurver
Reaction score
AlyZen Moonshadow said:

I'm new, not to mention confused. Has the winner been chosen for WiTW and FX?

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful interpretations, unfortunately there can be only one winner.

Close in the running came Lisa with her simple yet effective b&w processing and Rog with his dramatic lighting and silhouettes, not to mention Gareth whose interpretation actually made me laugh out loud.

So without further adieu, drum rolls please, the winner is Catherine Restivo. All I will say is that it made me go, Wow!

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
I'm new, not to mention confused. Has the winner been chosen for WiTW and FX?

Hi Nancy, Aaron's just announced the WiTW winner this week as Catherine :thumbs:.

The FX winners have yet to be announced, I'm getting Roger (Venomator) to adjudicate again on Alex (inventimo)'s behalf, as the MacPhun peeps are overwhelmed by the sheer number of submissions they have to sift thru still.

You're probably confused because 1) both Challenges are started by me each week, 2) they both start and finish at the same time each week and 3) they both work in similar ways.

But, although the FX Photo Studio Challenge is going to end with next week's Challenge, as it has served its purpose in forging links between MobiTog, its members (you fantastic people!) and MacPhun, leading to the NY Show partnership, the WitW Challenge will only be taking a month's break from mid-Dec to mid-Jan next year.

In the famous words of Arnie S: "I'll be back!" ;-)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Aaron, thank you so much for choosing my interpretation!! :D :D I'm especially honored as there were SO MANY wonderful entries!

Big congrats to the runners up!! (Lisa, I thought yours was outstanding!) :D

(insert dancing emoticon)

So now I shall dig through my camera roll and try to come up with a worthy nekkid image for you MobiPeeps to work your magic!

:D

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Aaron, thank you so much for choosing my interpretation!! :D :D I'm especially honored as there were SO MANY wonderful entries!

Big congrats to the runners up!! (Lisa, I thought yours was outstanding!) :D

(insert dancing emoticon)

So now I shall dig through my camera roll and try to come up with a worthy nekkid image for you MobiPeeps to work your magic!

:D

Well deserved congratulations to you Catherine (and thank you)!!