WHERE IN THE WORLD - SUBJECT TO INTERPRETATION 2012 #2

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
WHERE IN THE WORLD? SUBJECT TO INTERPRETATION CHALLENGE 2012

Here's how it works:

1. Each week, the WitW Challenge will feature an unedited iPhoneography image from a MobiMember, from their home location;

2. Participants will then save the image to their iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), and process them any way they like, using only those iOS devices and Apps, hence "Subject to Interpretation";

3. The MobiMember who posted the unedited image will, at the end of the Challenge, select the next week's winner, who will then have the honour of posting up the next image. And so on, like a Round Robin. Please keep checking in to see what your fellow MobiMembers have created, and to see if you're the lucky winner for the next week's Challenge;

4. The Challenge will run from Sunday, closing for entries by Midnight, Friday, each week. The week's winner will then post their unedited image up on Saturday/Sunday, on the next Challenge thread, and play can begin again immediately after.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted > HERE

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
I wanted to keep this local - and Syon House is very local to me - 5 minutes bicycle ride away. This is a beautiful place that I go to visit whenever I can. This photo is of the Great Conservatory - http://www.syonpark.co.uk/tour_conservatory.asp Looking forward to seeing your wonderful masterpieces :D

IMG_1000001263.JPG

M_A_N_E

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Emanuel Faria
Ok here we go
I pick the photo and tried to give it some mix of reality and painting with some light processing and some blending to ad a more complex sky.
Started with AutopainterII, C4LA, Dxp(for blending the C4LA image), Juxtaposer (for the sky), Lenslight and finally the always present snapseed.
image-3040133033.png

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Ok here we go
I pick the photo and tried to give it some mix of reality and painting with some light processing and some blending to ad a more complex sky.
Started with AutopainterII, C4LA, Dxp(for blending the C4LA image), Juxtaposer (for the sky), Lenslight and finally the always present snapseed.

Lovely processing! Really like the combination of the strong lines with the soft blurring. The sky effect is beautiful :thumbs:

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Remembering I'm all new to this and did it laying in bed putting my 2yr old to bed. I have forgotten exactly what I did :( apart from phototoaster filter lens light moon, search light and lightning bolt :s

Very cool Mel! The lighting and rays on the conservatory and moon give it an amazing effect! Lovely :thumbs:

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
M_A_N_E said:
Ok here we go

Excellent effects, MANE! What is C4LA? I haven't come across that app.

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
mahoganyturtle said:
Remembering I'm all new to this and did it laying in bed putting my 2yr old to bed. I have forgotten exactly what I did :( apart from phototoaster grunge filter lenslight moon, search light and lightning bolt

Mel, if you can do that while putting your child to bed, what can you do with one hand tied behind your back, I wonder?! Love the lightning effect and the moon :thumbs:

M_A_N_E

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Emanuel Faria
AlyZen Moonshadow said:
Excellent effects, MANE! What is C4LA? I haven't come across that app.

I Aly C4LA is a small APP that stands for camera 4 line art, that will transform your art into lines very simple, I use it for reinforce lines expression wen blended with the original

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks, Veevs, for the fantastic opportunity to work on Syon House, I think I was there about 15 years ago. It looks just as impressive as ever! :thumbs: :inlove:

Here's one of my interpretations. Apps used: Vintage Camera, PicFX, Snapseed.

image-4244045678.png

And another, done with Vintage Camera again, and tweaked just a bit in Super Retro.

image-843996510.png

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Thanks, Veevs, for the fantastic opportunity to work on Syon House, I think I was there about 15 years ago. It looks just as impressive as ever! :thumbs: :inlove:

Here's one of my interpretations. Apps used: Vintage Camera, PicFX, Snapseed.

View attachment 8447

And another, done with Vintage Camera again, and tweaked just a bit in Super Retro.

View attachment 8448

You are very welcome Aly - so nice someone has been to it and knows all about it - such a beautiful place. Wonderful edits, I particularly love the first one, the colouring is beautiful - makes the setting look very romantic! :thumbs:

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Just realised, I am flying to Italy on Friday to celebrate my Aunt's 90th birthday. Am back Sunday afternoon. My Aunt lives outside Turin up in the hills and definitely has no internet connection!

Sooo, could I choose the winner either Friday morning UK time before I leave for the airport - or Sunday afternoon when I get back? Sorry to mess the timings :eek: Please let me know what you all prefer??

M_A_N_E

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Emanuel Faria
No prob for me Vees have a nice trip and enjoy your weekend

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom
Just realised, I am flying to Italy on Friday to celebrate my Aunt's 90th birthday. Am back Sunday afternoon. My Aunt lives outside Turin up in the hills and definitely has no internet connection!

Sooo, could I choose the winner either Friday morning UK time before I leave for the airport - or Sunday afternoon when I get back? Sorry to mess the timings :eek: Please let me know what you all prefer??
whatever is best for you Veevs :) Have a good trip.

Fastcomet

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Fabio D'Andrea

Buon viaggio in Italia Vivi!! :) So I have to post my interpretation as soon as I can!!