Where in the World... Subject to Interpretation!

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
As discussed in AlyZen's thread in Suggestions > Subject to Interpretation < the idea behind this Challenge is to get an idea of two distinct unique impressions:

1. Where in the World our MobiMembers live represented by an iPhonoegraphy image of their choosing;

2. How MobiMembers would then process the image to enhance and emphasise the peculiarities of the location.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted > HERE

Specific Rules & Guidelines for this 'Where in the World' Challenge:

1. One unprocessed iPhoneography image will be posted, from somewhere in the World, the home location of and by the MobiMember selected as the winner of the poll that will be opened once entries have closed. In the event of a tie, the Thread Originator will choose the winner;

2. The Challenge will run for one week from Sunday, 24th July 2011, closing for entries and opening for voting at, or around, Midnight, Sunday, 31st July.

So, given the idea is Aly's, let's wait for Aly to post her nekkid iPhoneography image for us all to work on and get this Challenge started... :D

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Ok guys, here's the image, hopefully downloaded correctly and in the right place?! Now, Go Play! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

image-1479553194.png

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Most excellent Aly, awesome light in that there beach scene... :thumbs:

Aaron is right, it's only fair we have a little detail of location each time... :eek:

Perhaps we should add that to the rules... :D

From MiPhone4 via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Gang
Here's my first go, process includes;
1. Put original image through auto HDR mode in HDR.
2. Put HDR image in Dynamic Light using the original setting and playing with light direction.
3. Use iDarkroom cross process filter High CP.
4. Do a screen capture of Perth in Google Maps and crop in Crop Suey to same dimensions as original image.
5. Blend map and processed image in DXP using multiply mode.
6. Copied Matts cropping and straightening in Crop Suey, I was so excited that I forgot to do the image preparation steps.
7. Then I thought I'd use Crop Suey to alter the map image, then redo the DXP process.

Is it possible to delete pic files from a post? The third one is my final for now, :)

image-2002871642.png

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Oh cool just spotted the photo, nice one Aly! Aaron blimey you are fast, cool results!

Smooth

MobiLurver
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
What a fantastic and iconic image Aly! Nice work!

Ok. So my first go as follows:

1) Into PS Express to be cropped so that the beach nails the rule of thirds... (its the photographer in me - simple beast :D ) and a slight straighten of horizon.
2) Into PhotoToaster for a sharpen and X-Pro processing (the higher saturation and border).
3) Finally into picfx for the crumpled paper texture.

Title: Forgotten Summers (That you have just found again!)

forgotten summer.JPG

Thank you Aly - rarely do I get to work on such a beautiful scene! And it's a sunny one!

Good luck all!

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Blimey another nice one Matt! Going to the gym in a bit so will work on mine this afternoon :)

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
What a fantastic and iconic image Aly! Nice work!

Ok. So my first go as follows:

1) Into PS Express to be cropped so that the beach nails the rule of thirds... (its the photographer in me - simple beast :D ) and a slight straighten of horizon.
2) Into PhotoToaster for a sharpen and X-Pro processing (the higher saturation and border).
3) Finally into picfx for the crumpled paper texture.

Title: Forgotten Summers (That you have just found again!)

View attachment 1034

Thank you Aly - rarely do I get to work on such a beautiful scene! And it's a sunny one!

Good luck all!

Yeah coz summer doesn't exist in the UK!! We can do lots of grey rainy photos!

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Aaron Davis said:
Thanks AlyZen, where was the photo taken?

Aaron you're spot on. The beach is in Perth, it's City Beach.

Nifty processing there, wow I'm impressed! Especially like the superimposed map. Good one Aaron! :thumbs:

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Veevs said:
Oh cool just spotted the photo, nice one Aly! Aaron blimey you are fast, cool results!

Veevs, don't forget Aaron's 3 hours ahead of Me, and I'm 8 hours ahead of you all! We're so far ahead we're behind ;-)!

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Nice one, Matt! How does it feel to have a sunny image to work on? I can't wait to get an English picture! We have rain here alright, but no peasoupers or Jack-the-Ripper dark London alleys, or rolling green hills with gambolling sheep ...!

Smooth

MobiLurver
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
:D Thanks Aly!

Teehee @JtR and Sheep - it will probably be rain and umbrellas! :p

Was really great to get to edit the beach - really makes me want to find a sunny beach somewhere!

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Here's my attempt at Alyzen's gorgeous image. I made it sepia in Photo Toaster and added a border in Photo Forge and I thought that the wispy clouds looked like words, so I added something apt (well I thought so).

Sent from MiPad using the awesome and FREE MobiTog app... :)

image-3505396181.png

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I am impressed that the new images are all so different! Keeping with that, here is my entry. (I love a good day at the beach but this reminds me of my part of the world. We are in great need of rain!) I used fx photo studio effects in the following order: Atlanta Beach, Vertical Symmetry and Texturize.

image-434895263.png

Everyone's images are wonderful! I'm impressed they are all different.

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
IPhone XR
That is a beautiful image, Jilly. Love the sepia toning.

Smooth

MobiLurver
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Jilly - beautiful work! A very yesteryear feel to it - timeless.

Lisa - A very striking and bold PP! Superb work with the fantastic FX Photo Studio!

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Here is mine. I started with VintageSceneHD. Then I processed it with ArtistaOil. Then into PicGrunger. Then added several effects and blends in Iris, settling for an old vintage look.

Aly2.jpg

I love everyone's take on the photo! :D

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Smooth-Thank you! FX Photo Studio is one of my favorite apps.

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Love JillyG's picture postcard look - all it needs is "Wish You Were Here" written on it! Everyone pack your holiday bags! :thumbs:

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
lisamjw said:
I am impressed that the new images are all so different! Keeping with that, here is my entry. (I love a good day at the beach but this reminds me of my part of the world. We are in great need of rain!) I used fx photo studio effects in the following order: Atlanta Beach, Vertical Symmetry and Texturize.

Everyone's images are wonderful! I'm impressed they are all different.

Lisa, that's why it's called Subject To Interpretation! It may be the same image, but everyone sees something different in it. iPhoneography lets us express ourselves, and therein lies the beauty of it.

Love your use of FX Photo Studio! Nice warm saturated colours. They've put in a few more filters since the last update, I must try them out. :)

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Veevs said:
Here is mine. I started with VintageHD. Then I processed it with ArtistaOil. Then into PicGrunger. Then added several effects and blends in Iris, settling for an old vintage look.

I love everyone's take on the photo! :D

Veevs, wow! See, it didn't cost you very much to get to Australia ;-)! Digging the old vintage look!