Where in the World... Subject to Interpretation!

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Hey, Rog & Matt - where are Your interpretations? Are you sleeping on the job? Must be LOL...as it's only what 2:30 in the morning where you are? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Lisa, that's why it's called Subject To Interpretation! It may be the same image, but everyone sees something different in it. iPhoneography lets us express ourselves, and therein lies the beauty of it.

Love your use of FX Photo Studio! Nice warm saturated colours. They've put in a few more filters since the last update, I must try them out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

So very true and thanks!

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Roger & Matt asked me to write a Review on FX Photo Studio for the developers, I've just posted it under the Apps Review section. If you haven't played with that App recently - check out the awesome Masking Tool function, it will definitely inspire your creativity! It's only available if you've got the updated version of FX Photo Studio, so, if you haven't done so already, go update it now! :cool:

Robert Davies

MobiFan
Reaction score
Only just had a chance to check back since this weekend- can't wait to start working on my entry! Hopefully I'll have it uploaded today or tomorrow - some great entries so far :)

Robert Davies

MobiFan
Reaction score
5974405752_359af5bb5a_z.jpg

First, I saved the image twice, and used Halftone to get a kind of matrix effect, then I used the other file in Artify to soften some of the landscape (specifically the trees and dunes in the background) using the "Great Masters" effect. I then used Blender to mash the two images together and had a good basis to start some more experimentation. Using LightLeak I put two leak/bokeh effects onto the photograph, and then used Iris Photo Suite to put a reddened filter over the top. Then I used PhotoWizard to add another filter and soft vignette to get it extra-dirty. After that I used LightLeak again to place a burst of light into the middle of the photograph and a few extra leaks onto the top and bottom of the picture. Lastly, I used PictureShow to add a unique filter I've created called "Sludge", and finished with Camera+ to add the black border.

This was all mostly an experiment to see what I could pull from the different apps. I like how the layers upon layers of filters give the sky a kind of "starry" look, and how the explosion of light in the middle of the picture makes it look kind of apocalyptic!

Originally I wanted to experiment using Decim8, but for some reason it's crashing a lot on me today, so maybe I can do a "Decim8ed" version at some point!

Thanks to AlyZen for the amazing picture to start with, and I can't wait to see the rest of the entries!

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Roger & Matt asked me to write a Review on FX Photo Studio for the developers, I've just posted it under the Apps Review section. If you haven't played with that App recently - check out the awesome Masking Tool function, it will definitely inspire your creativity! It's only available if you've got the updated version of FX Photo Studio, so, if you haven't done so already, go update it now! :cool:

I will definitely check it out!

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Cor Blimey, Robert! That's a Lot of apps you've used there, and the end effect is really out of this world! The halftone effect has been used very well, it adds an unusual texture to the image. I love how you've played with light effects. Excellent job :thumbs:

Robert Davies

MobiFan
Reaction score
Thank you AlyZen :)

EDIT - Do you have a Flickr account, AlyZen? That way I can link my processed image to your photostream to give you credit on Flickr.

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
IPhone XR
Well, I decided this image looked way too sunny and bright for its own good. I thought it should reflect more the kind if summer we are currently enjoying here in the UK! :)

image-953227191.png

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Well, I decided this image looked way too sunny and bright for its own good. I thought it should reflect more the kind if summer we are currently enjoying here in the UK! :)

View attachment 1057
What HDR app did you use, Richard? I use 2 apps for HDR effects - the one by Jixipix, and Dynamic Light. I like how you've made the sky and sea look like iron :).

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
I'm actually playing catch up to your Flickr stream. Can I just favorite your entire photostream? :)

Awww so glad you like my work, Bryan. Thank you for the compliment :) :) :). But you Do know that if you trawl to the start of my Flickr pages you'll see just how bad I was when I first started iPhoneography :p! It's like a visual journal of my iPhoneography career. I'm still capable of producing a few duds, you know :D!

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
IPhone XR
What HDR app did you use, Richard? I use 2 apps for HDR effects - the one by Jixipix, and Dynamic Light. I like how you've made the sky and sea look like iron :).

No HDR, Aly. I stupidly forgot to include my processing data. I mainly used a combination of the filters and exposure controls of Snapseed to get darken the sky and sea and PhotoForge 2 to sharpen and tweak. I didn't note every step because I was experimenting a lot. Glad you like the effect.

I'm a fan of Dynamic Light too and I'm even happier now I have the iPad version, DynaLight HD.

bpahia

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Bryan
Here's my interpretation. (sorry it's a bit late)

Here are the steps:
1) Ran the image through Camera+ Clarity.
2) Straightened a bit in Crop Suey.
3) Used Artista Oil (landscape 2) to get the painted effect.
4) Used Photoforge 2 to get the music note texture.
5) Combined the music texture with the image from step 3 using Iris. (thank you Aaron for the idea!)
6) Used the resulting image from step 5 and combined that with the image from step 3. Blended both in Iris, and masked out the bottom portion to keep the beach and ocean from having musical notes on them.
7) Took the resulting image from step 6 into Bad Camera and added a bit of texture.

This is my first attempt at processing a photo like this. Please let me know what you think!

image-1810507076.png

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
That is very cool. I really like the music element.

bpahia

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Bryan
Thank you! Like I said, was something I've never tried before. Very happy you like it!

bpahia

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Bryan
Good question, Aaron. What next? Should we post another photo for people to work on?

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
IPhone XR
It would be great if, after the closing date, all the entries could be gathered together in a some sort of gallery for future access.

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
It would be great if, after the closing date, all the entries could be gathered together in a some sort of gallery for future access.
That's a great idea Richard. Do you know when the closing date is?