• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Which do you prefer ?

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
It's close, but I prefer the second image. It's brighter, which brings out more of the details for me, and I like the crop better. (Plus I find that my eyes keep going to that part of a garbage can on the right in the first image.)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I like them both, but the one that draws me to it is the second one (for all the reasons that Ted has itemised. :D ).

TomHH

MobiPassionista
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
Hmm, the second one with the crop of the first one but keeping the foreground.

2nd one feels more natural to me.

John, any special processing like HDR camera mode or just raised the shadows and overall exposure?

rizole

IOTM Winner - June 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
They are taken at different times of the day which complicates things. I prefer the first crop and processing but prefer the lighting on the second (apart from the light behind the trees which is blown out.)

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I like ‘em both: if I had to choose I’d prefer the second, brighter image.